Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 555 556 557 558 559 ... 592 593
Got that blasted Mac virus protection ad in the top right corner.

I have a capture of it, but FR and Dreamwidth (where I posted the image) don't want to play nice together.

Got that blasted Mac virus protection ad in the top right corner.

I have a capture of it, but FR and Dreamwidth (where I posted the image) don't want to play nice together.

I'm getting a variant of the same right popup window, that other people have spoken about. Its a little different then earlier though, this time asking me about 'security', without specifying anything.

When i clicked on Baldwin's brew, the advertisement felt I clicked on it, and randomly redirected me to what appears to be some sort of gun store? Its really weird/unsettling to me.
I'm getting a variant of the same right popup window, that other people have spoken about. Its a little different then earlier though, this time asking me about 'security', without specifying anything.

When i clicked on Baldwin's brew, the advertisement felt I clicked on it, and randomly redirected me to what appears to be some sort of gun store? Its really weird/unsettling to me.
I'm getting the same top right pop-up ad for MacAcfee that others are reporting. I'm on Google Chrome.
I'm getting the same top right pop-up ad for MacAcfee that others are reporting. I'm on Google Chrome.
6ntc1cC.jpg
I too got a pop up ad for McAfee in the upper right corner of my screen. Also, on Chrome.
I too got a pop up ad for McAfee in the upper right corner of my screen. Also, on Chrome.
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
Got the same annoying MacAfee advertizing nonsense as everyone else is right now. "Ads by WGX," apparently. Made a point of checking everywhere I thought the ad could be hiding on my computer, and nothing. Unusually, the problem stopped after I closed my browser, at least for now.

I'm using Firefox if that helps.
Got the same annoying MacAfee advertizing nonsense as everyone else is right now. "Ads by WGX," apparently. Made a point of checking everywhere I thought the ad could be hiding on my computer, and nothing. Unusually, the problem stopped after I closed my browser, at least for now.

I'm using Firefox if that helps.
x0wWjCz.png
Getting the same McAfee popup ad, it usually appears when i hang out on a page for a while without interacting. I'm using Chrome. I did get a screencap: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/930d8e270013de32102307694fcf2e59/tumblr_pxyargwnxR1x7m6uto1_1280.png[/img]
Getting the same McAfee popup ad, it usually appears when i hang out on a page for a while without interacting. I'm using Chrome.

I did get a screencap:
tumblr_pxyargwnxR1x7m6uto1_1280.png
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
Been getting those same types of ads with them popping up in the top right corner. It seems to be originating from where the bottom banner is at, and I've noticed when that McAfee ad pops up, nothing is displaying in the bottom where the banner ad would be
Been getting those same types of ads with them popping up in the top right corner. It seems to be originating from where the bottom banner is at, and I've noticed when that McAfee ad pops up, nothing is displaying in the bottom where the banner ad would be
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284730588437413888/623336802895527953/Screen_Shot_2019-09-16_at_9.57.26_PM.png[/img] first time this popped up, at 9:57 pm est
Screen_Shot_2019-09-16_at_9.57.26_PM.png

first time this popped up, at 9:57 pm est
So this is not just on my computer? What exactly is it. . .OuO [i]-quite frankly, it's rather annoying; does anyone know how to get rid of it?[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/obTHd8I.png[/img]
So this is not just on my computer? What exactly is it. . .OuO -quite frankly, it's rather annoying; does anyone know how to get rid of it?

obTHd8I.png
g8T8XC2.png
I just got one of the top right popups too, though mine said something about "plumbers in my area." I'm on mobile Google Chrome.
I just got one of the top right popups too, though mine said something about "plumbers in my area." I'm on mobile Google Chrome.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
1 2 ... 555 556 557 558 559 ... 592 593