Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 266 267 268 269 270 ... 592 593
[quote name="hat17" date=2016-07-17 16:13:25] Okay, since there seem to be many people experiencing this but not really reported here, I'll put in my ticket for this problem - page constantly loading since the maintenance. I'm on Chrome latest version, windows 7 & windows 10, and having the same problem for both computers. I have flash block on both but no adblock (I really don't want to use adblock if I can help). No matter which pages I open, they will load properly then started loading again, most of the time it says 'waiting for googleads.g.doubleclick.net', but I've seen other address pops up there as well like pagead2.googlesyndication.com, 'ad.doubleclick.net', or even waiting for flightrising.com... Clearing cache didn't help either. (after clear cache now it says 'waiting for www.google.com'...) It doesn't affect the game play as such but it is annoying, and it makes me feel unsafe as to 'what the heck are you trying to load to my computer?!' panic. Even if I want to use adblock, which site should I block? I can't really block flightrising.com or google.com, can I? @hiveworks Looks like you've reply to a similar report above. Sorry I didn't read it properly earlier. I hope the addresses I gave above can help with this more 'cos on some pages (like right now) even when the bottom ads loaded, I still get the constant page loading going and it's from google. edit: After paying more attention to the address bar at what is loading, most of the time it went through a couple of addresses in quick succession before it stuck on one of the above addresses. The others went too fast to catch but since they aren't the ones I got stuck on I assume they aren't the culprits? [/quote] Hit F12 on a desktop browser (Chrome, Firefox) and go to the network panel to see what it's hanging on. More often than not, when something appears to be hanging, it's because it's waiting for a HTML5 video ad or a Flash plugin to start, and your connection/browser has that feature disabled or set to "click to play". If this is the case (eg flashblock) you can ignore it.
hat17 wrote on 2016-07-17:
Okay, since there seem to be many people experiencing this but not really reported here, I'll put in my ticket for this problem - page constantly loading since the maintenance.

I'm on Chrome latest version, windows 7 & windows 10, and having the same problem for both computers. I have flash block on both but no adblock (I really don't want to use adblock if I can help). No matter which pages I open, they will load properly then started loading again, most of the time it says 'waiting for googleads.g.doubleclick.net', but I've seen other address pops up there as well like pagead2.googlesyndication.com, 'ad.doubleclick.net', or even waiting for flightrising.com... Clearing cache didn't help either.
(after clear cache now it says 'waiting for www.google.com'...)

It doesn't affect the game play as such but it is annoying, and it makes me feel unsafe as to 'what the heck are you trying to load to my computer?!' panic. Even if I want to use adblock, which site should I block? I can't really block flightrising.com or google.com, can I?

@hiveworks Looks like you've reply to a similar report above. Sorry I didn't read it properly earlier. I hope the addresses I gave above can help with this more 'cos on some pages (like right now) even when the bottom ads loaded, I still get the constant page loading going and it's from google.

edit:
After paying more attention to the address bar at what is loading, most of the time it went through a couple of addresses in quick succession before it stuck on one of the above addresses. The others went too fast to catch but since they aren't the ones I got stuck on I assume they aren't the culprits?

Hit F12 on a desktop browser (Chrome, Firefox) and go to the network panel to see what it's hanging on.

More often than not, when something appears to be hanging, it's because it's waiting for a HTML5 video ad or a Flash plugin to start, and your connection/browser has that feature disabled or set to "click to play". If this is the case (eg flashblock) you can ignore it.
This is certainly not acceptable! [img]http://www.ezimba.com/work/160718C/ezimba15287487838100.png[/img] Chrome, windows 8.1 Now I'm starting to regret whitelisting FR from my adblock. X'D
This is certainly not acceptable! ezimba15287487838100.png
Chrome, windows 8.1

Now I'm starting to regret whitelisting FR from my adblock. X'D
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
@shadria I feel childish for snickering at that :'P

I keep getting this ad on the sidebar and I'm pretty sure it's for a dating website (If I see it again or grab the link I'll put it all here), and it is beyond unsettling. I really wish it weren't there, and I'd like to see it removed. I know the mods can't do anything about it until I get a picture and link but I just thought I'd warn you.
@shadria I feel childish for snickering at that :'P

I keep getting this ad on the sidebar and I'm pretty sure it's for a dating website (If I see it again or grab the link I'll put it all here), and it is beyond unsettling. I really wish it weren't there, and I'd like to see it removed. I know the mods can't do anything about it until I get a picture and link but I just thought I'd warn you.
ooouuughhhhh i haven't been active on here since 2016 so much has changed but my favorite dragon has not (coatls)
Getting redirected to this link on mobile: https://mobiletraffik.com/ows/578d420c3bf1d770389642

Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch the image of the ad itself.
Getting redirected to this link on mobile: https://mobiletraffik.com/ows/578d420c3bf1d770389642

Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch the image of the ad itself.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

Um, first time reporting something like this, so bare with me. This ad floated into the content area: [img]http://i.imgur.com/kwb7zD9.png[/img] Not necessarily inappropriate content (I don't think?) but it was annoying that it floated there. Luckily I just refreshed and it went away. Hope this helps :)
Um, first time reporting something like this, so bare with me.
This ad floated into the content area:
kwb7zD9.png
Not necessarily inappropriate content (I don't think?) but it was annoying that it floated there. Luckily I just refreshed and it went away.

Hope this helps :)
he/they
I keep on getting redirected to something advertising "free apps" which sounds like malware to me. I think it may be the bottom banner that is doing it.
I keep on getting redirected to something advertising "free apps" which sounds like malware to me. I think it may be the bottom banner that is doing it.
m59NfS2.png
These ads are sneaking onto my sales thread. [size=1]apparently if you buy a dollywood ticket you get a free dragon lol[/size] [img]http://i.imgur.com/rf7PXae.png[/img]
These ads are sneaking onto my sales thread.
apparently if you buy a dollywood ticket you get a free dragon lol

rf7PXae.png
UVkxwKU.png0MgCmmH.pngKomVjnb.png
I can also confirm that the invasive ads are happening to me too! I snagged the URL for it as well. [size=5][b]DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK[/b][/size] https://secure-ds.serving-sys.com/BurstingRes/Site-111309/Type-0/4fa271c9-41c9-458d-940c-0994127ddd23.jpg [img]http://puu.sh/q6hDM/679b1719f9.jpg[/img]
I can also confirm that the invasive ads are happening to me too! I snagged the URL for it as well.

DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK
https://secure-ds.serving-sys.com/BurstingRes/Site-111309/Type-0/4fa271c9-41c9-458d-940c-0994127ddd23.jpg

679b1719f9.jpg
8BRN8cm.png

trans_zpsqyxnavvy.png
This showed up while I was trying to play around in the Scrying work shop: [img]https://gyazo.com/2c478a4d94eb8edc5105467d959d0e8f.png[/img] I do not think ads are supposed to show up like that. :(
This showed up while I was trying to play around in the Scrying work shop:
2c478a4d94eb8edc5105467d959d0e8f.png

I do not think ads are supposed to show up like that. :(
b7zvEII.gif
I spotted a Kohl's ad popping up in the middle of my screen in the Trading Post, but I didn't get a screenshot of it before it disappeared.

As a side note, my McAfee WebAdvisor's been blocking more and more content on FR lately than ever before. I would hate to have to turn my ad blocker on for this website, but if this keeps up, I may have to consider it.

Using the latest version of Google Chrome on Windows 7.
I spotted a Kohl's ad popping up in the middle of my screen in the Trading Post, but I didn't get a screenshot of it before it disappeared.

As a side note, my McAfee WebAdvisor's been blocking more and more content on FR lately than ever before. I would hate to have to turn my ad blocker on for this website, but if this keeps up, I may have to consider it.

Using the latest version of Google Chrome on Windows 7.
xpP2XdL.png
1 2 ... 266 267 268 269 270 ... 592 593