Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 165 166 167 168 169 ... 592 593
I got a JavaScript request from pixel mathtag com as soon as I opened the site front page. I didn't notice the adverts displaying, sorry.
I got a JavaScript request from pixel mathtag com as soon as I opened the site front page. I didn't notice the adverts displaying, sorry.
The buzzlie ads should hopefully be blocked now. Thank you!

@tanarian Hiveworks can try and find the ad based on the name you gave, but any additional information such as the image/url/right click info can also be helpful to narrow it down. I would not recommend clicking the ad, but if it autoredirects you, providing us the url can be helpful!
The buzzlie ads should hopefully be blocked now. Thank you!

@tanarian Hiveworks can try and find the ad based on the name you gave, but any additional information such as the image/url/right click info can also be helpful to narrow it down. I would not recommend clicking the ad, but if it autoredirects you, providing us the url can be helpful!
I swear to lord I saw a fishy ad when on the home page, I didn't scrolled down to see what it was because I went to a different page on FR, if I can recall my memory the top of the ad did said "Don't get stripped!" And by strip I mean... you know, pants off? Oooh I'm in trouble now I think.

Currently keeping an close eye to see if the ad pops up again, may have been already blocked by the admins, I'll update you when I see it again.
I swear to lord I saw a fishy ad when on the home page, I didn't scrolled down to see what it was because I went to a different page on FR, if I can recall my memory the top of the ad did said "Don't get stripped!" And by strip I mean... you know, pants off? Oooh I'm in trouble now I think.

Currently keeping an close eye to see if the ad pops up again, may have been already blocked by the admins, I'll update you when I see it again.
@Undel - but of course! However, I never saw the actual ad(s). This was a permissions popup bar, given my browser settings, asking if I wanted to let the js.js thingie run or whatever. There was no really useful information for ID in the bar itself, and I didn't look up in a timely fashion (sorry).
@Undel - but of course! However, I never saw the actual ad(s). This was a permissions popup bar, given my browser settings, asking if I wanted to let the js.js thingie run or whatever. There was no really useful information for ID in the bar itself, and I didn't look up in a timely fashion (sorry).
Lenovo Woes:
Many of the reports may be due to having purchased Lenovo computers. Long story short, many of the computers sold from 2012-2015 have something on them called Superfish that is pretty shady (Lenovo is dealing with a massive lawsuit because of it) Superfish will hijack your ads and shows you different things than you would normally see. So what you're seeing may not be ads on our networks (nor do we get paid for them).

If you're on a Lenovo machine purchased between 2012-2015, Superfish may be the source of your woes. Lenovo has provided a Superfish removal tool that may help you out.

If you see a bad ad, we highly appreciate the reports! We just want to make sure that the reports are on our end and not the computer's! If you see anything that autoredirects, plays audio automatically (no click), or is questionable in nature, we appreciate being notified so that if it's on our end, we can try and track down where it's coming from and prevent it from happening again!
Lenovo Woes:
Many of the reports may be due to having purchased Lenovo computers. Long story short, many of the computers sold from 2012-2015 have something on them called Superfish that is pretty shady (Lenovo is dealing with a massive lawsuit because of it) Superfish will hijack your ads and shows you different things than you would normally see. So what you're seeing may not be ads on our networks (nor do we get paid for them).

If you're on a Lenovo machine purchased between 2012-2015, Superfish may be the source of your woes. Lenovo has provided a Superfish removal tool that may help you out.

If you see a bad ad, we highly appreciate the reports! We just want to make sure that the reports are on our end and not the computer's! If you see anything that autoredirects, plays audio automatically (no click), or is questionable in nature, we appreciate being notified so that if it's on our end, we can try and track down where it's coming from and prevent it from happening again!
Saw a booze ad from a booze known as Bud Light Mixx Tail with the hash tag "#BringTheBar"

A booze ad shouldn't be on this site to prevent underage drinking.

Remember, underage drinking is bad! M'KAY?

When I tried to click it in order to source an URL link, it only showed me to the Facebook sign in page(I don't have a Facebook page due to concerns of cyberbullying).
Saw a booze ad from a booze known as Bud Light Mixx Tail with the hash tag "#BringTheBar"

A booze ad shouldn't be on this site to prevent underage drinking.

Remember, underage drinking is bad! M'KAY?

When I tried to click it in order to source an URL link, it only showed me to the Facebook sign in page(I don't have a Facebook page due to concerns of cyberbullying).
today is the 4th time that I've gotten malware/adware from an add on here, and I'm currently running a full scan and it's already quarantined 1 threat while I've gone through each of my chrome profiles removing this add-on [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/32c5f6021cd66a4c9d4c3ab209a38dc9/tumblr_inline_no56u0FrmH1t2jvcy_540.png[/img] [b]which caused this (each arrow is a popup):[/b] [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/9a69bfe6a77e45923a346181238af41f/tumblr_inline_no56t9H5KK1t2jvcy_540.jpg[/img] I have FR whitelisted and [b]adblock IS working on other sites[/b] such as tumblr (note: these are just those picture frame ads on my dash): [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/360f95b03f0d7d5576934bc9526a4805/tumblr_no5akf30So1u17sq1o1_400.png[/img] [b]here is a screenshot from LAST WEEK when one of the ads on your website redirected me to an outside site and added an extension to my browser:[/b] [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/5c5e8e8817e4b941883c0663d26a8ff0/tumblr_inline_nnxtowR4Am1t2jvcy_540.png[/img] today i uninstalled ‘pragmaengine.dll’ and 'cheap-o.exe' from my pc and had to dig through my C drive to find them. so thats two unwanted programs stemming from malware in flight risings ads [i]today [/i] thats a total of 5 unwanted programs and 6 different unwanted browser add-ons spanning 4 different instances of malware on here this is all from my main browser profile that opens when i open chrome. Flight rising is set as both the homepage and the ‘open to’ page and each time this has happened, FR is the only site I had been on all four times this has happened. I hadn’t even checked my tumblr yet. as much as i love this site and i love my dragons, this is really putting a damper on things, especially when i end up spending most of the day not being able to do anything because running a full scan makes everything lag, and this is happening almost once a week at this point. I sent a contact-us the first time and was redirected here, where i basically just copy pasted the contact-us i sent. the second and third times i just kind of overlooked it since they were only browser add-ons and nothing was actually installed onto my pc past that. However this time, two programs were installed onto my actual pc so I'm reporting it here.
today is the 4th time that I've gotten malware/adware from an add on here, and I'm currently running a full scan and it's already quarantined 1 threat while I've gone through each of my chrome profiles removing this add-on

tumblr_inline_no56u0FrmH1t2jvcy_540.png

which caused this (each arrow is a popup):

tumblr_inline_no56t9H5KK1t2jvcy_540.jpg

I have FR whitelisted and adblock IS working on other sites such as tumblr (note: these are just those picture frame ads on my dash):

tumblr_no5akf30So1u17sq1o1_400.png

here is a screenshot from LAST WEEK when one of the ads on your website redirected me to an outside site and added an extension to my browser:

tumblr_inline_nnxtowR4Am1t2jvcy_540.png

today i uninstalled ‘pragmaengine.dll’ and 'cheap-o.exe' from my pc and had to dig through my C drive to find them.

so thats two unwanted programs stemming from malware in flight risings ads today

thats a total of 5 unwanted programs and 6 different unwanted browser add-ons spanning 4 different instances of malware on here

this is all from my main browser profile that opens when i open chrome. Flight rising is set as both the homepage and the ‘open to’ page and each time this has happened, FR is the only site I had been on all four times this has happened. I hadn’t even checked my tumblr yet.

as much as i love this site and i love my dragons, this is really putting a damper on things, especially when i end up spending most of the day not being able to do anything because running a full scan makes everything lag, and this is happening almost once a week at this point. I sent a contact-us the first time and was redirected here, where i basically just copy pasted the contact-us i sent.

the second and third times i just kind of overlooked it since they were only browser add-ons and nothing was actually installed onto my pc past that. However this time, two programs were installed onto my actual pc so I'm reporting it here.
32337de6eece5443e4f3eb7f39c17298.jpg
Sorry for the triple post over the last couple of days, but I recommend blocking any ad from MadAdsMedia, first slow computers, now win an IPhone?

MadAdsMedia is starting to get fishy and suspicious, so you may want to block every single ad from them.
Sorry for the triple post over the last couple of days, but I recommend blocking any ad from MadAdsMedia, first slow computers, now win an IPhone?

MadAdsMedia is starting to get fishy and suspicious, so you may want to block every single ad from them.
@Gematria I'm sorry you're having difficulty with malware. The malware that keeps getting installed today might be because of previously installed malware on your system. These types of programs like to try and install even more malware.

Flight Rising only has two ad units. Advertising in text is not something we do. I recommend running malwarebytes or a program similar to it. Additionally, looking up the exact adware name can often provide helpful removal tutorials on google.

@MoonwalkingZear Hiveworks is looking into the bud light ads. Thank you for your report!
@Gematria I'm sorry you're having difficulty with malware. The malware that keeps getting installed today might be because of previously installed malware on your system. These types of programs like to try and install even more malware.

Flight Rising only has two ad units. Advertising in text is not something we do. I recommend running malwarebytes or a program similar to it. Additionally, looking up the exact adware name can often provide helpful removal tutorials on google.

@MoonwalkingZear Hiveworks is looking into the bud light ads. Thank you for your report!
I got a pop up malware by the url of "tradeandme" just a few moments ago and it was giving me some security alert and a number to call. I had to completely close my web browser out through task manager to get rid of it and I am doing a full security scan right now to make sure it didn't install something behind my back. Honestly I'm not sure if this counts as an ad, but it was a redirect that did seem harmful.
I got a pop up malware by the url of "tradeandme" just a few moments ago and it was giving me some security alert and a number to call. I had to completely close my web browser out through task manager to get rid of it and I am doing a full security scan right now to make sure it didn't install something behind my back. Honestly I'm not sure if this counts as an ad, but it was a redirect that did seem harmful.
2e1b2b6a40c76c9dd60265bf19e951ae39f421b6.gifWpjbI2U.gif
1 2 ... 165 166 167 168 169 ... 592 593