Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 592 593
Holy cow. Inappropriate ad warning, big time.

I'm browsing on my chromebook, and on the left-side advertisement space, I just got an ad for the 50 Shades movie. The extremely R rated movie about horrible intimate violence and domestic abuse. With a full length photo of the main characters um. Interacting.
Took a screencap but would rather not post it.
Holy cow. Inappropriate ad warning, big time.

I'm browsing on my chromebook, and on the left-side advertisement space, I just got an ad for the 50 Shades movie. The extremely R rated movie about horrible intimate violence and domestic abuse. With a full length photo of the main characters um. Interacting.
Took a screencap but would rather not post it.

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
[quote name="rookjay" date="2015-02-06 18:46:25"]I tried opening Flight Rising on my iphone, and instead of bringing me to the main page, I got a screen that attempted to download something. It opened the app store (that app store was not open on my phone beforehand) and took me to some downloadable game. Nothing bad happened; it didn't automatically buy the app that it showed me in the app store, but the fact that it took me there is concerning nonetheless. Here are some screenshots I took from my phone. I apologize if they're really big. Could an advertisement on the site have triggered it? This is the first time I've seen this happen on any apple device. It's definitely worth looking into. Thank you![/quote] Advertisers know it violates the terms and conditions of the ad network if they do this, so they tend to make sure it doesn't show up in the ad review panel. When they do this, they know it inflates the app store position. Please try to get a screenshot of the ad as it appears on flightrising.com so we can figure out where it comes from. Mobile devices can be especially hard to trace problems.
rookjay wrote on 2015-02-06 18:46:25:
I tried opening Flight Rising on my iphone, and instead of bringing me to the main page, I got a screen that attempted to download something. It opened the app store (that app store was not open on my phone beforehand) and took me to some downloadable game.

Nothing bad happened; it didn't automatically buy the app that it showed me in the app store, but the fact that it took me there is concerning nonetheless.

Here are some screenshots I took from my phone. I apologize if they're really big.

Could an advertisement on the site have triggered it? This is the first time I've seen this happen on any apple device. It's definitely worth looking into. Thank you!

Advertisers know it violates the terms and conditions of the ad network if they do this, so they tend to make sure it doesn't show up in the ad review panel. When they do this, they know it inflates the app store position.

Please try to get a screenshot of the ad as it appears on flightrising.com so we can figure out where it comes from. Mobile devices can be especially hard to trace problems.
Nevermind, I accidently installed aa festering app. Problem solved.
Nevermind, I accidently installed aa festering app. Problem solved.
*a
*a
[quote name="Melodious" date="2015-02-06 21:45:13"]again...this time it opened in another window and there was no visible ad in the side block. http://www.kiwiblitz.com/ was the adress.[/quote] That's one of our comics, and can only activate if you've clicked/tapped on it.
Melodious wrote on 2015-02-06 21:45:13:
again...this time it opened in another window and there was no visible ad in the side block.
http://www.kiwiblitz.com/ was the adress.

That's one of our comics, and can only activate if you've clicked/tapped on it.
I don't have adblock on, but nothing appeared on the skyscraper ad. There is a bottom ad? I don't know if this is something that can be fixed.
http://puu.sh/fCc6l/48471dfc27.jpg
I gave it at least a minute or two before coming here.
Also, Kiwiblitz seems to have a fair share of swear words, but it's a good comic. I hope thats not a problem.
I don't have adblock on, but nothing appeared on the skyscraper ad. There is a bottom ad? I don't know if this is something that can be fixed.
Also, Kiwiblitz seems to have a fair share of swear words, but it's a good comic. I hope thats not a problem.
unknown.png
I just got another browser hijacker, alternately calling itself CloudScout and SuperFish, and I know it came from here because I have AdBlock on Chrome but not IE (because none of IE's adblockers actually work) and only loaded FR, nothing else, not even Google.

CloudScout/SuperFish was the one I got last time as well, and it also definitely came from here, so it seems to be a recurring problem. The only difference is that one happened before the change in ad servers and one happened after.
I just got another browser hijacker, alternately calling itself CloudScout and SuperFish, and I know it came from here because I have AdBlock on Chrome but not IE (because none of IE's adblockers actually work) and only loaded FR, nothing else, not even Google.

CloudScout/SuperFish was the one I got last time as well, and it also definitely came from here, so it seems to be a recurring problem. The only difference is that one happened before the change in ad servers and one happened after.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
[quote name="lizabet" date="2015-02-08 11:39:05"]There was an ad that said "Love not found: touch me, take me, make the world disappear"[/quote] These are the ads used by the Hiveworks comic Lovenotfound.com [img]http://162.218.115.228/images/832bd889973e0981f3532162db8d27bb.jpg[/img] and [img]http://162.218.115.228/images/43f9f25a97d249664817c2715b780034.jpg[/img] It's a PG-13 comic.
lizabet wrote on 2015-02-08 11:39:05:
There was an ad that said "Love not found: touch me, take me, make the world disappear"

These are the ads used by the Hiveworks comic Lovenotfound.com
832bd889973e0981f3532162db8d27bb.jpg
and
43f9f25a97d249664817c2715b780034.jpg

It's a PG-13 comic.
[quote name="karinaisab" date="2015-02-07 16:40:48"]I don't have adblock on, but nothing appeared on the skyscraper ad. There is a bottom ad? I don't know if this is something that can be fixed. http://puu.sh/fCc6l/48471dfc27.jpg I gave it at least a minute or two before coming here. Also, Kiwiblitz seems to have a fair share of swear words, but it's a good comic. I hope thats not a problem.[/quote] Based on what is showing in your browser, it looks like you might be blocking one of the image content delivery networks used by adsense. The comic ads are just straight images, but they may be served directly or may be served if third party ads have no available inventory.
karinaisab wrote on 2015-02-07 16:40:48:

Based on what is showing in your browser, it looks like you might be blocking one of the image content delivery networks used by adsense.

The comic ads are just straight images, but they may be served directly or may be served if third party ads have no available inventory.
Earlier this morning, while trying to breed a few dragons while on my mobile phone at work, I was forcefully redirected to the app store. Specifically, to the Game of War page. I tried to recreate it but it never happened again, but I don't know if anyone else has had this problem recently. It hasn't done this in a while but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry.

iPhone 6, Google Chrome for mobile, iOS 8.1.2
Earlier this morning, while trying to breed a few dragons while on my mobile phone at work, I was forcefully redirected to the app store. Specifically, to the Game of War page. I tried to recreate it but it never happened again, but I don't know if anyone else has had this problem recently. It hasn't done this in a while but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry.

iPhone 6, Google Chrome for mobile, iOS 8.1.2
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 592 593