Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What did roundhorns look like before
1 2 3 4 5 6
@CytricAcid

That would make sense for all the errors. They probably didn't want to have to draw all the intricate texturing for every set of horns, which is why they were copy-pasted originally, and then drawn in a much more simplified fashion when they were updated.
@CytricAcid

That would make sense for all the errors. They probably didn't want to have to draw all the intricate texturing for every set of horns, which is why they were copy-pasted originally, and then drawn in a much more simplified fashion when they were updated.
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
18 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
export202312061716059087.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png
~
406091-art-deviant-deviantart-gallery-icon.png
~ art-shop-icon.png ~ nature.png
Now if only they would fix the Cranial Hornhelm. Still love the item but it is some of the worst copy and paste offender ever
Now if only they would fix the Cranial Hornhelm. Still love the item but it is some of the worst copy and paste offender ever
72950fba9f629d38a261cabc45fe9ab2.png
I wish they'd have fixed the lazy copy-paste jobs rather then redoing the set entirely. The old horns look much better.
I wish they'd have fixed the lazy copy-paste jobs rather then redoing the set entirely. The old horns look much better.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Omfl the Cranial Helmhorns look so s t r e t c h e d on Snappers
Omfl the Cranial Helmhorns look so s t r e t c h e d on Snappers
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
18 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
export202312061716059087.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png
~
406091-art-deviant-deviantart-gallery-icon.png
~ art-shop-icon.png ~ nature.png
Oh lord the controversy has reignited.

I have to say I like the old ones better, but I wasn't super upset when they were updated. Yes it's less natural looking, but we also don't have positioning issues anymore. While it may have been better to just change the perspective, they didn't. Likely because it's hard to draw in your old art style later on rather than just update it to your newer one. Not to mention keeping apparel simpler makes them easier to draw on new breeds. Not as easy as the old copy, paste, refit job that is seen on the old roundhorns, but we know how good that looks already.
Oh lord the controversy has reignited.

I have to say I like the old ones better, but I wasn't super upset when they were updated. Yes it's less natural looking, but we also don't have positioning issues anymore. While it may have been better to just change the perspective, they didn't. Likely because it's hard to draw in your old art style later on rather than just update it to your newer one. Not to mention keeping apparel simpler makes them easier to draw on new breeds. Not as easy as the old copy, paste, refit job that is seen on the old roundhorns, but we know how good that looks already.
oh hecc but they looked so bada**
perspective is bad but texture and whole shape IS DAMN AWESOME
now I am sad and I hate new ones
oh hecc but they looked so bada**
perspective is bad but texture and whole shape IS DAMN AWESOME
now I am sad and I hate new ones
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
The old ones looked so good. Just needed a little bit of fixing
The old ones looked so good. Just needed a little bit of fixing
sqPsk6p.gif
I actually like the new ones
I actually like the new ones
5sgKGZR.gif
@Dragonwyspr The changed art style ruined one of the only dragons I had with the roundhorns, my old avatar. On female coatl the horns were made so much worse by the update: [img]http://i.imgur.com/Hf5tcKE.png[/img] Edit: The male spiral art also looked especially good with the old horns starting [i]behind[/i] their natural horns: [img]http://i.imgur.com/I09thDD.png[/img] You could layer all sorts of headgear without real clipping problems. The old heavy looking horns also fitted female snappers more than the current flimsy ones in my opinion: [img]http://i.imgur.com/zP3LtcG.png[/img]
@Dragonwyspr The changed art style ruined one of the only dragons I had with the roundhorns, my old avatar. On female coatl the horns were made so much worse by the update:

Hf5tcKE.png

Edit: The male spiral art also looked especially good with the old horns starting behind their natural horns:

I09thDD.png

You could layer all sorts of headgear without real clipping problems.

The old heavy looking horns also fitted female snappers more than the current flimsy ones in my opinion:

zP3LtcG.png
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
This is one piece of gear that I can't tell if it's worse or better, lol

I think they're both good, but I think overall I prefer the new ones. The old ones are cool but alongside the perspective issues, they also seem to not really fit the art style? It's especially noticeable on the Snappers.
This is one piece of gear that I can't tell if it's worse or better, lol

I think they're both good, but I think overall I prefer the new ones. The old ones are cool but alongside the perspective issues, they also seem to not really fit the art style? It's especially noticeable on the Snappers.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
1 2 3 4 5 6