Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | traveling derg advice :O
okay so this is moreso a long-term question but here goes.

i have this traveling derg called Tempestgrove (aka Tempest) who is not even half done with the completion of his journey. but now i'm super curious - what exactly should i do with him after he's done with his travels?

i don't want him to just plop himself back in my lair and never make a peep again, but i'm not sure what to do with him otherwise. i imagine he'll have quite the lengthy bio with all sorts of stories from numerous players once he is through, i just don't know what i'd do with it. any suggestions?
okay so this is moreso a long-term question but here goes.

i have this traveling derg called Tempestgrove (aka Tempest) who is not even half done with the completion of his journey. but now i'm super curious - what exactly should i do with him after he's done with his travels?

i don't want him to just plop himself back in my lair and never make a peep again, but i'm not sure what to do with him otherwise. i imagine he'll have quite the lengthy bio with all sorts of stories from numerous players once he is through, i just don't know what i'd do with it. any suggestions?
O7jJYHV.png Gn1pwrs.png UQDD8WB.png
Copy and paste his bio in a docs to save! retire him! Adopt him out! let him tell you what he wants!
Copy and paste his bio in a docs to save! retire him! Adopt him out! let him tell you what he wants!
b7zvEII.gif
He could retire and become a wise old dragon who tells history, inspiring one of his offspring to go traveling.
He could retire and become a wise old dragon who tells history, inspiring one of his offspring to go traveling.
qDavPTk.png
@Krystyna oooo yeah i might copy/paste his bio in a doc somewhere to save it...either now or later :) also, just asking, wdym adopt him out?

@Briton oh that would be cool XD i actually had the thought of him as an oldie who tells tales of his ventures, but i just think of how that could go about. i'd want other people to see it. maybe make a post about it? but i'm not sure where that post would go or what that would say. :')
@Krystyna oooo yeah i might copy/paste his bio in a doc somewhere to save it...either now or later :) also, just asking, wdym adopt him out?

@Briton oh that would be cool XD i actually had the thought of him as an oldie who tells tales of his ventures, but i just think of how that could go about. i'd want other people to see it. maybe make a post about it? but i'm not sure where that post would go or what that would say. :')
@DarkMatterDragon Take all the journey entries and use them as a basis to really tell his story and adventures from his POV.
@DarkMatterDragon Take all the journey entries and use them as a basis to really tell his story and adventures from his POV.
qDavPTk.png
You had mentioned you didn't want him to stay in the lair and collect dust. and I may or may not be a sucker for unique dragons, and may or may not be willing to be an adopter for said dragons.... But ultimately I love the idea of traveling dragons! I've thought to do one myself but I can't get that organized enough to do one lol
You had mentioned you didn't want him to stay in the lair and collect dust. and I may or may not be a sucker for unique dragons, and may or may not be willing to be an adopter for said dragons.... But ultimately I love the idea of traveling dragons! I've thought to do one myself but I can't get that organized enough to do one lol
b7zvEII.gif
@Briton hmm I might do that. Would take quite a while but I imagine it’d be worth it :)

@Krystyna i might consider adopting him out to you or someone ^^ at the end of the day I did want him to be in my lair, just still doing things like mentioned above, having a post with all his adventures, or some other post where he does stuff like...helping...fellow travelers? i dunno, just something so he isn’t like any other derg in my lair. Maybe a tab all to him lol. Though I could let you or someone else adopt if you’re into a dragon with stories!

also you shouldnt think traveling is too hard, once you get past all the initial boring stuff of setting up a post announcing their journey and rules, all you have to do is slap volunteers’ names in a spreadsheet list and call upon them one by one after a certain amount of days! (if I’m being honest, it’s almost a lore cheat because you have tons of people writing your lore for free ^-^”)
@Briton hmm I might do that. Would take quite a while but I imagine it’d be worth it :)

@Krystyna i might consider adopting him out to you or someone ^^ at the end of the day I did want him to be in my lair, just still doing things like mentioned above, having a post with all his adventures, or some other post where he does stuff like...helping...fellow travelers? i dunno, just something so he isn’t like any other derg in my lair. Maybe a tab all to him lol. Though I could let you or someone else adopt if you’re into a dragon with stories!

also you shouldnt think traveling is too hard, once you get past all the initial boring stuff of setting up a post announcing their journey and rules, all you have to do is slap volunteers’ names in a spreadsheet list and call upon them one by one after a certain amount of days! (if I’m being honest, it’s almost a lore cheat because you have tons of people writing your lore for free ^-^”)
@darkmatterdragon OOoh I'm adopting a dragon now actually ;D but yes if you ever want him to visit the ice age, My lair is always open for fun travelers from afar!
@darkmatterdragon OOoh I'm adopting a dragon now actually ;D but yes if you ever want him to visit the ice age, My lair is always open for fun travelers from afar!
b7zvEII.gif
@DarkMatterDragon I have never owned or boarded a traveling dragon so I may not be the best person to give any sort of advice, lol, but maybe you could simply have them take a break, and then start a new set of travels? Or a new type of travel (are there different types? honestly I probably shouldn't have even commented because I know absolutely nothing)
@DarkMatterDragon I have never owned or boarded a traveling dragon so I may not be the best person to give any sort of advice, lol, but maybe you could simply have them take a break, and then start a new set of travels? Or a new type of travel (are there different types? honestly I probably shouldn't have even commented because I know absolutely nothing)
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png