Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breeding project woes
You'd think it wouldn’t be that bad, right? I went out, stalked the AH and dragon search, managed to even find parents in roughly the right breeds (I need Imp and got lucky enough to find an Imp/Coatl pair) and they have a 50/50 chance of giving me the right colors, I just need them to give me girls, since I also want 2 dragons in those colors.

Rent a nest from the right flight and...wegged. ...ok fine. Get the baby and of course it’s male. Ok, that’s alright, I can breed him later with one of the backup moms. Breeding cooldowns finally up, send both pairs back to a rental nest.

First pair weggs me again but the other gives me 3 eggs. Surely out of 4 eggs I can get at least one of my goal hatches.

...they were all male. All four. All of them had correct colors, two of them even had the eye rarity I wanted. But. They were all male. Which means I have to wait out their super long breeding cooldowns again. Why.

In other news, if anyone is interested in white/latte/(black/obsidian) earth dragons hmu.
You'd think it wouldn’t be that bad, right? I went out, stalked the AH and dragon search, managed to even find parents in roughly the right breeds (I need Imp and got lucky enough to find an Imp/Coatl pair) and they have a 50/50 chance of giving me the right colors, I just need them to give me girls, since I also want 2 dragons in those colors.

Rent a nest from the right flight and...wegged. ...ok fine. Get the baby and of course it’s male. Ok, that’s alright, I can breed him later with one of the backup moms. Breeding cooldowns finally up, send both pairs back to a rental nest.

First pair weggs me again but the other gives me 3 eggs. Surely out of 4 eggs I can get at least one of my goal hatches.

...they were all male. All four. All of them had correct colors, two of them even had the eye rarity I wanted. But. They were all male. Which means I have to wait out their super long breeding cooldowns again. Why.

In other news, if anyone is interested in white/latte/(black/obsidian) earth dragons hmu.
ijSltiY.png OsScJdH.gif Y6PXVHf.gif IDpiM0V.gif
This is me but like x 7 because I have too many breeding projects ;A;

It took me 6 months just to hatch the perfect outcome for a fan dragon I really wanted.
This is me but like x 7 because I have too many breeding projects ;A;

It took me 6 months just to hatch the perfect outcome for a fan dragon I really wanted.
1-F5-BF76-A-4-BA7-4-A24-92-E4-74-E68049-C409.png hhhhhhhh »Blackcraft hatchery

»Skin shop

»Adopt shop
hhhhhh hhh AF9-FBF80-9-D8-C-48-FC-AFCE-F3-CAB0-D170-D6.png
Had the same problem with one of my pairs. Wanted a boy with Cream primary, got breeding pair with Cream/Antique, every single baby was either male with Antique or female for many, many breeding attempts. (Then I got a 5 egg nest with 5 perfect dergs. xD)
Had the same problem with one of my pairs. Wanted a boy with Cream primary, got breeding pair with Cream/Antique, every single baby was either male with Antique or female for many, many breeding attempts. (Then I got a 5 egg nest with 5 perfect dergs. xD)
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
i remember the rentals for a nest needing light eyes. no preference of eye type or breed as they were getting changed, and both parents were star/con.. but i needed a male (50%) with splash (50%) glimmer (50%) tert. 12.5% chance really isn't the worst and i only burned through a couple nests, but... i couldn't help but go 'oh no what if i get nothing but splash opal males? what if i got the perfect kid, goat eyes, splash glimmer and anything, but a girl?
i remember the rentals for a nest needing light eyes. no preference of eye type or breed as they were getting changed, and both parents were star/con.. but i needed a male (50%) with splash (50%) glimmer (50%) tert. 12.5% chance really isn't the worst and i only burned through a couple nests, but... i couldn't help but go 'oh no what if i get nothing but splash opal males? what if i got the perfect kid, goat eyes, splash glimmer and anything, but a girl?
I want to breed for a swamp/dirt/crimson f ridgie but there's no dragons active on the site with that combo D: it's a colour combo that basically doesn't exist and its so frustrating
I want to breed for a swamp/dirt/crimson f ridgie but there's no dragons active on the site with that combo D: it's a colour combo that basically doesn't exist and its so frustrating
ijWAday.png
I spent literal years trying to breed my dream dragon. gooood luck
I spent literal years trying to breed my dream dragon. gooood luck
348a58bed57a6e78ddac805e55142143f489c2ca.png
Having a pair where one's a common breed and the other is not. I always consider changing the sencond one to a common as well, to reduce cooldown.
However, I'm always like 'but this time it's gonna work' and breed them anyway. It doesn't work. I never does. Waiting. Maybe next time...
Having a pair where one's a common breed and the other is not. I always consider changing the sencond one to a common as well, to reduce cooldown.
However, I'm always like 'but this time it's gonna work' and breed them anyway. It doesn't work. I never does. Waiting. Maybe next time...
I'm trying for a thistle/soil/platinum Imperial girl. I managed to find a thistle/soil/silver Imperial male and a shadow/ginger/moon Wildclaw female, which is frankly close to miraculous.

A year and a half in, they've actually produced a thistle/soil/platinum girl! ...she was a Wildclaw.

It's gonna be a long several more years.
I'm trying for a thistle/soil/platinum Imperial girl. I managed to find a thistle/soil/silver Imperial male and a shadow/ginger/moon Wildclaw female, which is frankly close to miraculous.

A year and a half in, they've actually produced a thistle/soil/platinum girl! ...she was a Wildclaw.

It's gonna be a long several more years.
i have a pair that needs one colour and sure they have a big range, they've had ab 16 nests, and there's been several clutches with the same colours as other clutches, meaning i had one clutch with radioactive, and another clutch with radioactive. i've been training them every time they disappoint me so I get $$$ once they produce the baby i want and i can yeet them out of my life
i have a pair that needs one colour and sure they have a big range, they've had ab 16 nests, and there's been several clutches with the same colours as other clutches, meaning i had one clutch with radioactive, and another clutch with radioactive. i've been training them every time they disappoint me so I get $$$ once they produce the baby i want and i can yeet them out of my life
Pressed Moonflower HX0RiC0.png bogbees
ABOUT MEAVATAR LORE
CODESPROJECTSDRAGON SALES
     tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png
tumblr_inline_pstga2kfNz1tc3swm_75sq.png