Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | realtalk: double posting on fr?
1 2 3
This has struck me a number of times while browsing the forums, and I wanted to see if anyone had a similar reaction to the one I have.

Let me explain a bit.

On one particular site I played a lot when I was younger, double posting was vilified, and very against the rules. If you posted twice in a row, you better had checked it had been at least 24 hours since your last post. Otherwise, disciplinary action. Granted, this particular site was my first introduction onto internet forums, so this rule of double posting has left a lasting impression on me.

I come to FR, and I see people double posting nearly everywhere. Sometimes even triple posting! It still gives me an anxiety spike when I see it. It's still stuck in my head that 'double posting big bad, never do.'

I'm happy that FR is more relaxed in this area of their forum rules, but it doesn't change what my reflex is XD Does anyone else have a similar experience? What do you think about double posting on FR forums? Why do people do it?

I'm curious, and I want to know. Please tell me your thoughts c:

(kudos if you know what particular site I meant while explaining :d )

(last note: im fairly certain this belongs here in frd? i mean, it's about a subject on fr but ;;;;;; )
This has struck me a number of times while browsing the forums, and I wanted to see if anyone had a similar reaction to the one I have.

Let me explain a bit.

On one particular site I played a lot when I was younger, double posting was vilified, and very against the rules. If you posted twice in a row, you better had checked it had been at least 24 hours since your last post. Otherwise, disciplinary action. Granted, this particular site was my first introduction onto internet forums, so this rule of double posting has left a lasting impression on me.

I come to FR, and I see people double posting nearly everywhere. Sometimes even triple posting! It still gives me an anxiety spike when I see it. It's still stuck in my head that 'double posting big bad, never do.'

I'm happy that FR is more relaxed in this area of their forum rules, but it doesn't change what my reflex is XD Does anyone else have a similar experience? What do you think about double posting on FR forums? Why do people do it?

I'm curious, and I want to know. Please tell me your thoughts c:

(kudos if you know what particular site I meant while explaining :d )

(last note: im fairly certain this belongs here in frd? i mean, it's about a subject on fr but ;;;;;; )
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
I love double posting

Mada Edit: No.

Shiraki Edit: Fine, you win.
I love double posting

Mada Edit: No.

Shiraki Edit: Fine, you win.
Im back
FR was really my first forum experience - or rather my second, but the first I didn't notice, like, ANY moderation on at all. (I'm sure there was some, because the forums weren't too much of a hot mess, I just never noticed it.) So I was more surprised when I went to another petsite, Pokefarm, and found there WAS a double-posting rule! There, I'm pretty sure there's no double-posting, ever - if you make two posts in a row, and a mod finds them, they merge the two posts into one. Presumably if you do that too often you get told off.
FR was really my first forum experience - or rather my second, but the first I didn't notice, like, ANY moderation on at all. (I'm sure there was some, because the forums weren't too much of a hot mess, I just never noticed it.) So I was more surprised when I went to another petsite, Pokefarm, and found there WAS a double-posting rule! There, I'm pretty sure there's no double-posting, ever - if you make two posts in a row, and a mod finds them, they merge the two posts into one. Presumably if you do that too often you get told off.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[quote name="Shiraki" date="2019-08-25 21:28:36" ] I love [/quote] [quote name="Shiraki" date="2019-08-25 21:28:45" ] double posting [/quote] Scandalous
Shiraki wrote on 2019-08-25 21:28:36:
I love
Shiraki wrote on 2019-08-25 21:28:45:
double posting
Scandalous
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
For the longest time, I assumed double posting was banned! I came from a similar background where you really weren't able to do that in the forums and seeing it happen here has been so strange even after 4+ years.
For the longest time, I assumed double posting was banned! I came from a similar background where you really weren't able to do that in the forums and seeing it happen here has been so strange even after 4+ years.
mirror_chib8.png
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
See a Mirror, pick it up, all week long you'll have
too many mirrors and no more food
help me please they're eating everything
On an unrelated note, if you have nice Mirrors to sell...
Fr was also my first forum experience. The double-posting I usually see are mistakesb being made when clicking the 'submit' button (ex. when you double click the submit button it crates 2 posts), wish they'd fix it tbh.
Fr was also my first forum experience. The double-posting I usually see are mistakesb being made when clicking the 'submit' button (ex. when you double click the submit button it crates 2 posts), wish they'd fix it tbh.
We're more concerned about people multi-posting in a spammy sense than in the sense of needing three/four posts to set a thread up. [emoji=mirror tongue size=1]
We're more concerned about people multi-posting in a spammy sense than in the sense of needing three/four posts to set a thread up.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
[quote name="Leopardmask" date="2019-08-25 21:29:42" ] FR was really my first forum experience - or rather my second, but the first I didn't notice, like, ANY moderation on at all. (I'm sure there was some, because the forums weren't too much of a hot mess, I just never noticed it.) So I was more surprised when I went to another petsite, Pokefarm, and found there WAS a double-posting rule! There, I'm pretty sure there's no double-posting, ever - if you make two posts in a row, and a mod finds them, they merge the two posts into one. Presumably if you do that too often you get told off. [/quote] Pokefarm was exactly the site I was talking about ^^ I'm moreso referencing the original PF, not PFQ, from years back. Nowadays they're a lot more lenient about the rule, but from what little I remember, it was not always that nice, and I think that's where my fear came from. I wish FR would have been my first forum experience heheh. That probably would've been really nice... [quote name="Madarakita" date="2019-08-25 21:32:58" ] Technically one's not supposed to double-post outside of bumping in sales forums and whatnot, though it does occasionally happen. [emoji=mirror tongue size=1] [/quote] owo It is? I'm happy it's so relaxed and non-stressful then. I've had accidents where bad internet made me post 2/3 times, but I never had as much of a heart attack that I would have had on the other site.
Leopardmask wrote on 2019-08-25 21:29:42:
Pokefarm was exactly the site I was talking about ^^ I'm moreso referencing the original PF, not PFQ, from years back. Nowadays they're a lot more lenient about the rule, but from what little I remember, it was not always that nice, and I think that's where my fear came from.

I wish FR would have been my first forum experience heheh. That probably would've been really nice...
Madarakita wrote on 2019-08-25 21:32:58:
Technically one's not supposed to double-post outside of bumping in sales forums and whatnot, though it does occasionally happen.
owo It is? I'm happy it's so relaxed and non-stressful then. I've had accidents where bad internet made me post 2/3 times, but I never had as much of a heart attack that I would have had on the other site.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
first off, i feel like it's a way to boost the post count. it's jarring to me to also see others post consecutively when all could be put in one post -- but also i can see how it's easier for some to reply to others that way. FR being loose on the rules makes it really nice & easy to interact with a community, so if double posting is a product of that, then it's just something i can get used to. ik what you mean though op.
first off, i feel like it's a way to boost the post count. it's jarring to me to also see others post consecutively when all could be put in one post -- but also i can see how it's easier for some to reply to others that way. FR being loose on the rules makes it really nice & easy to interact with a community, so if double posting is a product of that, then it's just something i can get used to. ik what you mean though op.
yzUX307.png
I had a similar experience on Zoo Tycoon Unleashed, double-posting was a big no-no and if you did it accidentally, since you couldn't delete your own post you had to go in and edit to apologize for it and the mods would delete it for you later

if someone replied while you were posting, you had to edit your previous post instead of posting again

I never did understand the rule (probably spam I guess?) but yeah, XD it gets so hammered into you that I've never done here, at least not on purpose
I had a similar experience on Zoo Tycoon Unleashed, double-posting was a big no-no and if you did it accidentally, since you couldn't delete your own post you had to go in and edit to apologize for it and the mods would delete it for you later

if someone replied while you were posting, you had to edit your previous post instead of posting again

I never did understand the rule (probably spam I guess?) but yeah, XD it gets so hammered into you that I've never done here, at least not on purpose
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
1 2 3