Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thank you to the devs
Okay so I'm like, ridiculously new to the site, but this site has soared (minor pun intended) to be one of my favorite websites right away, and for just something really small but really meaningful to me.

I'm a nonbinary/genderq lesbian, and I'm also neurodivergent (ADHD + possibly autistic). To be able to talk about this on the forums is something that's already made me shocked (in a good way), but there's also something else.

When I was the bio for one of my first dragons, I was nervous when I wrote in that she was a lesbian. I was worried that when I'd hit "save," I'd get a popup telling me that I used offensive language. When none of this happened, I felt a huge weight lift from me. I was able to not just be myself, but to write characters who were like me, all without who I was being labelled as something banned simply because disrespectful people use who I am as an insult.

I felt similarly when I realized that I wrote another dragon to be autistic. (he's a fae - like how being monotone can be a symptom of autism for humans, he instead is the opposite, he over-expresses his emotions, while expressing anything at all is pretty odd for a fae dragon!) I felt the same pang of fear, especially since "autistic" is even more of a taboo word in the virtual world. I again felt so happy when I was able to let him, and by extension me, be himself.

Again, it's really small, but this has made me beyond happy. I feel not only welcomed here, but celebrated, and that means so much when who I am has been treated as something to hide & never speak of for so long.
Okay so I'm like, ridiculously new to the site, but this site has soared (minor pun intended) to be one of my favorite websites right away, and for just something really small but really meaningful to me.

I'm a nonbinary/genderq lesbian, and I'm also neurodivergent (ADHD + possibly autistic). To be able to talk about this on the forums is something that's already made me shocked (in a good way), but there's also something else.

When I was the bio for one of my first dragons, I was nervous when I wrote in that she was a lesbian. I was worried that when I'd hit "save," I'd get a popup telling me that I used offensive language. When none of this happened, I felt a huge weight lift from me. I was able to not just be myself, but to write characters who were like me, all without who I was being labelled as something banned simply because disrespectful people use who I am as an insult.

I felt similarly when I realized that I wrote another dragon to be autistic. (he's a fae - like how being monotone can be a symptom of autism for humans, he instead is the opposite, he over-expresses his emotions, while expressing anything at all is pretty odd for a fae dragon!) I felt the same pang of fear, especially since "autistic" is even more of a taboo word in the virtual world. I again felt so happy when I was able to let him, and by extension me, be himself.

Again, it's really small, but this has made me beyond happy. I feel not only welcomed here, but celebrated, and that means so much when who I am has been treated as something to hide & never speak of for so long.
[emoji=gaoler happy size=1]
coming back to flight rising after years away
dani - he/him - agender lesbian
free fodder for nature & plague || icon commissions
[emoji=coatl laughing size=2] Guess you could say this particular online world is a @niceworld

Guess you could say this particular online world is a @niceworld
Im back
:D :3333 <333
:D :3333 <333
| cynda | she/her | minor |

Imperials and Skydancers...
wow... amazing and perfect

my lovely imperial hatchery is here!
FR has a great community.
FR has a great community.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
[emoji=familiar heart size=1]
qby5G4f.png

@Raivus
6Fjd4rG.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png

wwwwwwwFire-Network.png

192c5396cfeba5f57cbe728550f0d9993c92a4df.png
FR is one of the most supportive communities I've ever been in. I'm glad your experience has been an amazing one so far. May you continue to feel supported and welcomed here for as long as you stay on the site~!
FR is one of the most supportive communities I've ever been in. I'm glad your experience has been an amazing one so far. May you continue to feel supported and welcomed here for as long as you stay on the site~!
vDH0pGc.png
yeah same!!!! i love this site and how nice it is w/ that kinda stuff, its a breath of fresh air
yeah same!!!! i love this site and how nice it is w/ that kinda stuff, its a breath of fresh air
64c30401733ae4e133884923ad852837b6290850.png
and though i can't quite percieve it; i can tell it's there by the way it's not quite there.
ray ESFJ-T fr time +18 he/she
tumblr_picp47hhuG1wgsqgoo1_250.gif
tumblr_pjnlo2dKLW1s80v72o6_100.png
Yeah, at first I was worried that people would attack me if I made my dragons LGBTQ+, or if anyone knew about my gender/sexuality. Nope! FR actually helped me come out as poly/bisexual and gender fluid.

Yeah, at first I was worried that people would attack me if I made my dragons LGBTQ+, or if anyone knew about my gender/sexuality. Nope! FR actually helped me come out as poly/bisexual and gender fluid.