Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dom Battles I Want To See
1 2 3 4
[quote name="NerdyDisco" date="2019-08-24 20:18:55" ] I can only imagine the chaos an all-flight free for all would cause. *Shudder* Imagine the fodder floor [/quote] and earth would still win, so
NerdyDisco wrote on 2019-08-24 20:18:55:
I can only imagine the chaos an all-flight free for all would cause. *Shudder* Imagine the fodder floor

and earth would still win, so
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
it'd be interesting if a 'climb the ladder to the top' game was arranged with the flights when pvp comes out

each flight would make little battle teams n stuff.. it'd be cool
it'd be interesting if a 'climb the ladder to the top' game was arranged with the flights when pvp comes out

each flight would make little battle teams n stuff.. it'd be cool
Can you imagine clicking the AH unknowingly during an All-Flight dom battle and there are literally 3 dragons on there at insane prices
Can you imagine clicking the AH unknowingly during an All-Flight dom battle and there are literally 3 dragons on there at insane prices
Cloud - She/Her
5hF3FGk.png
ytkEBod.png
kHBaXec.png
qGabqd5.png
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif gVI5OAO.pngLGvol4P.png
qJFAY9h.pngjoJXsVi.png
[quote name="@artemiswanderer" date="2019-08-29 18:15:17" ] I know Plague and Nature were supposed to have a dom battle over the summer but some stuff happened and Plague had to pull out. [/quote] That was early winter, IIRC. Plague was still reeling from losing a major team member during last year' RoR. I'll keep on saying it, I want to see Ice and Arcane duke it out for possession of that stray floe between them before the world map revamp.
@artemiswanderer wrote on 2019-08-29 18:15:17:
I know Plague and Nature were supposed to have a dom battle over the summer but some stuff happened and Plague had to pull out.

That was early winter, IIRC. Plague was still reeling from losing a major team member during last year' RoR.

I'll keep on saying it, I want to see Ice and Arcane duke it out for possession of that stray floe between them before the world map revamp.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="myriadofstars" date="2019-08-24 20:13:33" ] I would pay for Earth vs Light. That would be epic. [/quote] Light and Earth did battle at one point. As near as we could tell on the Light side, we exalted more levels of dragons than had ever been exalted in any battle. Far more than the remembered Light vs Plague battle. We couldn't overcome the almost 4 to 1 advantage Earth had with a smaller flight and the board didn't flip once. There hasn't seemed to be much reason to repeat that since. At some point, maybe the game devs will realize that flight size doesn't translate directly to Dom participation numbers. I'm not taking anything away from Earth here. They are very good at Dom. Some sort of handicapping that leveled the playing field rather than turning it on end in the favor of the smaller flights would allow for a lot more Dom battles. As it is, it's just not worth the effort or funds to do.
myriadofstars wrote on 2019-08-24 20:13:33:
I would pay for Earth vs Light. That would be epic.

Light and Earth did battle at one point. As near as we could tell on the Light side, we exalted more levels of dragons than had ever been exalted in any battle. Far more than the remembered Light vs Plague battle. We couldn't overcome the almost 4 to 1 advantage Earth had with a smaller flight and the board didn't flip once. There hasn't seemed to be much reason to repeat that since. At some point, maybe the game devs will realize that flight size doesn't translate directly to Dom participation numbers. I'm not taking anything away from Earth here. They are very good at Dom. Some sort of handicapping that leveled the playing field rather than turning it on end in the favor of the smaller flights would allow for a lot more Dom battles. As it is, it's just not worth the effort or funds to do.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
[quote name="Alfamangle" date="2019-08-24 20:05:50" ] And finally: An all flight pushing free for all where everyone is trying to get on top more than usual and it’s a big event [/quote] This made me laugh, because it'll literally be Earth on top 24/7.
Alfamangle wrote on 2019-08-24 20:05:50:
And finally:
An all flight pushing free for all where everyone is trying to get on top more than usual and it’s a big event

This made me laugh, because it'll literally be Earth on top 24/7.
87337a516c6788c06296d62b6c3208eecc0d4d90.png
We've had Fire v Water back in...2016? We've been doing Fire v Ice every December for the last...two, three years? The only time that we've done Fire v Earth was in the two Battle of the First Fours
We've had Fire v Water back in...2016? We've been doing Fire v Ice every December for the last...two, three years? The only time that we've done Fire v Earth was in the two Battle of the First Fours
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
Ah, Shadow vs Earth would be extremely unfairly tilted in Earth's favour. Nothing against Shadow since it's my home flight, but they'd get smacked by Earth in an instant. Proportionally, Earth's active dom community is bigger than Shadow's.
Ah, Shadow vs Earth would be extremely unfairly tilted in Earth's favour. Nothing against Shadow since it's my home flight, but they'd get smacked by Earth in an instant. Proportionally, Earth's active dom community is bigger than Shadow's.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
[quote name="SCB" date="2019-08-24 20:21:55" ] I wish we could set conditions for dom battles. That would be amazing. Or have flights team up. Never going to happen, coding would be outrageous, but hey, I can dream. [/quote] iirc some flights established "alliances" in the earlier days of dom, and they didn't really work out for some reason or another. shame, it sounds kinda neat on paper
SCB wrote on 2019-08-24 20:21:55:
I wish we could set conditions for dom battles. That would be amazing. Or have flights team up. Never going to happen, coding would be outrageous, but hey, I can dream.
iirc some flights established "alliances" in the earlier days of dom, and they didn't really work out for some reason or another. shame, it sounds kinda neat on paper
Bluefin Charger Fin » cal
» he/they
» FR+0
___________________________________________ Q5wOe0Z.gif
FireVEarth, for funsies because earth is a powerhouse when they don't even try sometimes (No offense earth peeps, you guys are great), FireVWater, I think that may've been happening around when I first joined and I participated without knowing, so I want to do a FvW fight that I know about.

LightningVArcane, Science vs Magic theme.
FireVEarth, for funsies because earth is a powerhouse when they don't even try sometimes (No offense earth peeps, you guys are great), FireVWater, I think that may've been happening around when I first joined and I participated without knowing, so I want to do a FvW fight that I know about.

LightningVArcane, Science vs Magic theme.
1 2 3 4