Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ::Generous Gene - A blossom item pool::
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
@OceanLotus

That would be awesome! Thanks so much...
Anyways I’ll hide away your generous donation...
@OceanLotus

That would be awesome! Thanks so much...
Anyways I’ll hide away your generous donation...
@MoonlitCacti
I'll get right on it!
@MoonlitCacti
I'll get right on it!
P9aWhak.png Ujr5ghr.png B8HmiZX.png UYR6vpC.png WBC5JG3.png
Y4rfA4q.png
@Lonin

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll try to appoint a manager in case I go MIA, but I highly doubt I’m going anywhere... There are also lair expansions in nature in that help people save up for expansions buy pooling together funds, to my knowledge nothing has gone wrong... I’m also a gatherer who collects the funds from people for this program and I’m the treasurer for the everbloom gardens guild. Needless to say, I do have some experience with this sort of thing...

While I can’t stop people, if they do decide to leave it will hopefully be near the end when the mums are cheaper...
@Lonin

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll try to appoint a manager in case I go MIA, but I highly doubt I’m going anywhere... There are also lair expansions in nature in that help people save up for expansions buy pooling together funds, to my knowledge nothing has gone wrong... I’m also a gatherer who collects the funds from people for this program and I’m the treasurer for the everbloom gardens guild. Needless to say, I do have some experience with this sort of thing...

While I can’t stop people, if they do decide to leave it will hopefully be near the end when the mums are cheaper...
if ever in need of petals, tag me and I’ll happily get some
if ever in need of petals, tag me and I’ll happily get some
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
@MoonlitCacti

i'd love to help out with this! pink mums are an issue for me but i can definitely help out with the dried petals ^^
@MoonlitCacti

i'd love to help out with this! pink mums are an issue for me but i can definitely help out with the dried petals ^^
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
@OceanLotus Sure they're free to gather but you can sell them for about 250 gems each. We don't really see how the fact that they're free to gather is relevant. They still have value or this plan wouldn't exist.
And if you're arguing that mums are free then so are eliminates. And even at their most expensive eliminates were under 1k gems.
The system can work but in this particular instance the risk is a lot greater. We'd rather lose an equivalent worth of 750 gems than 5000.

We're not saying it's a bad idea or that you shouldn't do it. We just think it might be a good idea to have a backup plan just in case things go a bit wrong.
Say person number 2 wins their gene. At person number 8 they go inactive. Even if they've given 8 mums up until that point, how are you going to force the other 12 out of someone that isn't there? Even if they're nice and let everyone know they're disappearing beforehand they still won't be there to gather for the items you need from them.
You only need a few people to drop out for the remaining people to have to contribute more than they'll get out of it. It's already going to suck for the last few people even if things go well. By the time you get to them the gene isn't going to be worth as much.
This isn't exactly the same as battle stones, the price is going to go down not up.

@MoonlitCacti :D We're not so much talking about you but the other people involved. What's the plan if a few people drop out for whatever reason? It'd be nice if everything went well and if people were considerate enough to go inactive later on when stuff was cheaper but it might be an idea to plan just in case that doesn't happen. That's all we were saying :D It is a cool idea and we hope it goes well for you.
@OceanLotus Sure they're free to gather but you can sell them for about 250 gems each. We don't really see how the fact that they're free to gather is relevant. They still have value or this plan wouldn't exist.
And if you're arguing that mums are free then so are eliminates. And even at their most expensive eliminates were under 1k gems.
The system can work but in this particular instance the risk is a lot greater. We'd rather lose an equivalent worth of 750 gems than 5000.

We're not saying it's a bad idea or that you shouldn't do it. We just think it might be a good idea to have a backup plan just in case things go a bit wrong.
Say person number 2 wins their gene. At person number 8 they go inactive. Even if they've given 8 mums up until that point, how are you going to force the other 12 out of someone that isn't there? Even if they're nice and let everyone know they're disappearing beforehand they still won't be there to gather for the items you need from them.
You only need a few people to drop out for the remaining people to have to contribute more than they'll get out of it. It's already going to suck for the last few people even if things go well. By the time you get to them the gene isn't going to be worth as much.
This isn't exactly the same as battle stones, the price is going to go down not up.

@MoonlitCacti :D We're not so much talking about you but the other people involved. What's the plan if a few people drop out for whatever reason? It'd be nice if everything went well and if people were considerate enough to go inactive later on when stuff was cheaper but it might be an idea to plan just in case that doesn't happen. That's all we were saying :D It is a cool idea and we hope it goes well for you.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@moonlitcacti
i can get the items through grinding with my two lv25's and lv40 in foraging, though i do not have any yet. when there are enough people to get a blossom gene, ping me and i'll send a mum + 4 petals if i can.
@moonlitcacti
i can get the items through grinding with my two lv25's and lv40 in foraging, though i do not have any yet. when there are enough people to get a blossom gene, ping me and i'll send a mum + 4 petals if i can.
UOO8oB4.png
KdJtVsv.png
Rw7uKRS.png
mlHpBMC.png
@iiSwizzle

You can send them over whenever you want (we are still kinda short on mums...)! I’ll try to keep the front page updated...
@iiSwizzle

You can send them over whenever you want (we are still kinda short on mums...)! I’ll try to keep the front page updated...
^^^ Updated
^^^ Updated
@moonlitcacti
i now have 4 dried lilium petals! since you already have enough for the first round, i will hold onto these until the next.
@moonlitcacti
i now have 4 dried lilium petals! since you already have enough for the first round, i will hold onto these until the next.
UOO8oB4.png
KdJtVsv.png
Rw7uKRS.png
mlHpBMC.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22