Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eliminates & Economy?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
I'm all for this lol

Elim prices were ABSURD before

The more people succeeding on this game, the happier I am! Fodder dragons will always sell, baldwin mats will always sell, there will always be ways to get money without relying on absurd prices.

And eggs will always sell too

EDIT: And yeah, I've been on this site since 2015. Never once got an elim to drop. Just got my first coli egg a month or so ago. The only elim I got before this was a gift from a stranger who knew I was struggling to coli.

This is a wonderful thing for newbies and 'oldies' alike :)
I'm all for this lol

Elim prices were ABSURD before

The more people succeeding on this game, the happier I am! Fodder dragons will always sell, baldwin mats will always sell, there will always be ways to get money without relying on absurd prices.

And eggs will always sell too

EDIT: And yeah, I've been on this site since 2015. Never once got an elim to drop. Just got my first coli egg a month or so ago. The only elim I got before this was a gift from a stranger who knew I was struggling to coli.

This is a wonderful thing for newbies and 'oldies' alike :)
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[quote name="Pinkee" date="2019-05-20 10:28:14" ] lol as per usual you all find a reason to complain! Can't simply be grateful for a good thing *smh* Just like when they announced Galore everyone was all a week is too short! Too short? They're giving you a FREE gift! If you can't be bothered to pay attention to the game anymore why should you be rewarded for it? Except you all expect to be rewarded for anything and everything and when you are, you still complain - priceless! Sure glad I'm not the creators ;) [/quote] people aren’t really complaining & it’s more of an open discussion but ok
Pinkee wrote on 2019-05-20 10:28:14:
lol as per usual you all find a reason to complain!

Can't simply be grateful for a good thing *smh*

Just like when they announced Galore everyone was all a week is too short! Too short? They're giving you a FREE gift! If you can't be bothered to pay attention to the game anymore why should you be rewarded for it? Except you all expect to be rewarded for anything and everything and when you are, you still complain - priceless!

Sure glad I'm not the creators ;)

people aren’t really complaining & it’s more of an open discussion but ok
qesQFkT.gif
Personally, I'm actually quite happy they did this! Yes, it'll crush the prices for a lot of Coli-based stuff for a while, but at the same time getting a decent team is so inaccessible for newbies otherwise, purely because we all know eliminates are almost essential (there are alternative builds, but they don't work nearly as quickly) to grinding.

And quite frankly, right now Coli is the main way to make money at all, which makes getting into it for newbies that much harder to make that initial payment - almost everything is based on them already having it already.

So yes, I'm glad prices dropped. I'm glad everyone's getting free eliminates for this week.
Personally, I'm actually quite happy they did this! Yes, it'll crush the prices for a lot of Coli-based stuff for a while, but at the same time getting a decent team is so inaccessible for newbies otherwise, purely because we all know eliminates are almost essential (there are alternative builds, but they don't work nearly as quickly) to grinding.

And quite frankly, right now Coli is the main way to make money at all, which makes getting into it for newbies that much harder to make that initial payment - almost everything is based on them already having it already.

So yes, I'm glad prices dropped. I'm glad everyone's getting free eliminates for this week.
“an
-art by @owleics
Considering open registration the price will slowly climb back up.

Grinding the coli is necessary to keep dragons fed, control the dragon population and expand the hibernal den. Eliminate should never have risen to 500k. If I had joined recently I'd have straight up given up before I got my first elimi if it hadn't miraculously dropped in the coli first.
Considering open registration the price will slowly climb back up.

Grinding the coli is necessary to keep dragons fed, control the dragon population and expand the hibernal den. Eliminate should never have risen to 500k. If I had joined recently I'd have straight up given up before I got my first elimi if it hadn't miraculously dropped in the coli first.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="Pinkee" date="2019-05-20 10:28:14" ] lol as per usual you all find a reason to complain! Can't simply be grateful for a good thing *smh* Just like when they announced Galore everyone was all a week is too short! Too short? They're giving you a FREE gift! If you can't be bothered to pay attention to the game anymore why should you be rewarded for it? Except you all expect to be rewarded for anything and everything and when you are, you still complain - priceless! Sure glad I'm not the creators ;) [/quote] It's a thread for voicing thoughts. There's no reason why people can't discuss things like this, such as positive or negative impact. Especially if it's in a civil manner. Geez, just talking about the potential ramifications to the economy isn't tar and feathering the devs.
Pinkee wrote on 2019-05-20 10:28:14:
lol as per usual you all find a reason to complain!

Can't simply be grateful for a good thing *smh*

Just like when they announced Galore everyone was all a week is too short! Too short? They're giving you a FREE gift! If you can't be bothered to pay attention to the game anymore why should you be rewarded for it? Except you all expect to be rewarded for anything and everything and when you are, you still complain - priceless!

Sure glad I'm not the creators ;)

It's a thread for voicing thoughts. There's no reason why people can't discuss things like this, such as positive or negative impact. Especially if it's in a civil manner. Geez, just talking about the potential ramifications to the economy isn't tar and feathering the devs.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
Earning treasure is going to be a lot harder for people who rely on the coli for a while, I'd say even a full year before Eliminates get anywhere near 600 gems again. It'll be good because people will be more self-sustaining on the basics, such as food, but it'll also wear down a lot of areas where people have relied on the coli to make profit, ie exalting.

On the other hand, coli fatigue is real and I'm pretty sure most people who are gung ho about it will be absolutely dead by the time fall rolls around and the repeatedability of the coli really starts to set in...
Earning treasure is going to be a lot harder for people who rely on the coli for a while, I'd say even a full year before Eliminates get anywhere near 600 gems again. It'll be good because people will be more self-sustaining on the basics, such as food, but it'll also wear down a lot of areas where people have relied on the coli to make profit, ie exalting.

On the other hand, coli fatigue is real and I'm pretty sure most people who are gung ho about it will be absolutely dead by the time fall rolls around and the repeatedability of the coli really starts to set in...
uCR5SCW.png
[quote name="Matchmaker" date="2019-05-20 10:23:55" ] A barrier that I believe that just as large, or moreso, is simply the time investment inherent in the coliseum. You first have to spend time leveling your team (or spend time making money to pay someone else to level them for you) before you can grind effectively, and then even after they're level 25, you still only get as much out of the Coliseum as the time you put into it. How many more people, really, are going to become dedicated, consistent grinders who pour hours in regularly, vs how many people will train dragons for the occasional push or grind occasionally for a festival, or when they need a bit more food? [/quote] This - I think this will actually effect festival drops the most, because casual players will still grind a bit for a festival, but for players who are willing to spend the amount of time it takes to be a “dedicated consistent grinder” eliminate stones were never really out of reach (2 elimates was 2 weeks of maxing out the fairgrounds), or a couple of really good drops while you were grinding your team to 25 (with or without an eliminate). So there might be a few people who use them and suddenly discover that they love the coliseum and are going to spend enough time there to affect drop pricing, but most people won’t change their playing habits significantly for more than a couple of weeks.
Matchmaker wrote on 2019-05-20 10:23:55:

A barrier that I believe that just as large, or moreso, is simply the time investment inherent in the coliseum. You first have to spend time leveling your team (or spend time making money to pay someone else to level them for you) before you can grind effectively, and then even after they're level 25, you still only get as much out of the Coliseum as the time you put into it. How many more people, really, are going to become dedicated, consistent grinders who pour hours in regularly, vs how many people will train dragons for the occasional push or grind occasionally for a festival, or when they need a bit more food?

This - I think this will actually effect festival drops the most, because casual players will still grind a bit for a festival, but for players who are willing to spend the amount of time it takes to be a “dedicated consistent grinder” eliminate stones were never really out of reach (2 elimates was 2 weeks of maxing out the fairgrounds), or a couple of really good drops while you were grinding your team to 25 (with or without an eliminate).

So there might be a few people who use them and suddenly discover that they love the coliseum and are going to spend enough time there to affect drop pricing, but most people won’t change their playing habits significantly for more than a couple of weeks.
tumblr_pbaz511ASZ1u1dtk6o1_500.jpg
It was the first thing I thought about when I saw the announcement.

I do agree with ThisAllegra though, it may really help a few casual players who are online this week with getting into coli and helping the exaltation issue as well as lowering the price of Eliminate with such an increase in supply, but not all people without Eliminates are suddenly going to love coli or become a super grinder or exalter.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with the Eliminate economy over time.
It was the first thing I thought about when I saw the announcement.

I do agree with ThisAllegra though, it may really help a few casual players who are online this week with getting into coli and helping the exaltation issue as well as lowering the price of Eliminate with such an increase in supply, but not all people without Eliminates are suddenly going to love coli or become a super grinder or exalter.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with the Eliminate economy over time.
5zYeaji.png OfDGPyR.gif
The only thing I regret is not selling the few in my vault beforehand.
It's fine though, I'm happy everyone can now have eliminate on two of their dragons.
The only thing I regret is not selling the few in my vault beforehand.
It's fine though, I'm happy everyone can now have eliminate on two of their dragons.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

It's really disconcerting to see so many players think this will cause a permanent change to the price of Eliminate. Does nobody remember when every account got 3 tinctures of dissolution for the coli update?

As far as the long-term effects I'd love to see a poll now and 3 months from now on coli usage for players who didn't have Eliminate before who are keeping theirs to use instead of selling.
It's really disconcerting to see so many players think this will cause a permanent change to the price of Eliminate. Does nobody remember when every account got 3 tinctures of dissolution for the coli update?

As far as the long-term effects I'd love to see a poll now and 3 months from now on coli usage for players who didn't have Eliminate before who are keeping theirs to use instead of selling.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12