Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | username changes..
1 2 3
those of you who've done it:

- If you've had your old one for a long time, did you ever feel like you wouldn't recognize yourself after the change?
- How did you decide what to change it to?
- What was your old one? (just curious)

I feel like the letters in the word "Aquatic" just don't fit together anymore, and I want to change it but idk to what..
I really want something aesthetically pleasing to me (xia, kio, kai, xiq, pretty much anything super short (3-4 letters) and lowercase with x, i, o, z, or k that's already taken :p) but at the same time i want a wOrD

hfjkskxkskdndkj

edit: I've found like 7 inactive accounts with usernames I really want
People are just messing with me now D:<
edit 2: hey wait @ixa isn't taken :pensive:
edit 3: I did it and I'm giving up on pinglists
those of you who've done it:

- If you've had your old one for a long time, did you ever feel like you wouldn't recognize yourself after the change?

I feel like the letters in the word "Aquatic" just don't fit together anymore, and I want to change it but idk to what..
I really want something aesthetically pleasing to me (xia, kio, kai, xiq, pretty much anything super short (3-4 letters) and lowercase with x, i, o, z, or k that's already taken :p) but at the same time i want a wOrD

hfjkskxkskdndkj

edit: I've found like 7 inactive accounts with usernames I really want
People are just messing with me now D:<
edit 2: hey wait @ixa isn't taken :pensive:
edit 3: I did it and I'm giving up on pinglists
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
maybe do something like aquatix?
maybe do something like aquatix?
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
- I had my old one for... a while. Iirc I changed it in October, so about 7 months in. I thought, "Hey, this seems cool, wonder where this will go!" I still recognized myself after the change and knew I would when I did it.
- My favorite word was (and still is) eef. So I based something off of that. BAM - eefles.
- My old one was iiDandiPlayz

I also suggest xylophone. Honestly it's a short word (9 letters) and it's got x and o in it.
- I had my old one for... a while. Iirc I changed it in October, so about 7 months in. I thought, "Hey, this seems cool, wonder where this will go!" I still recognized myself after the change and knew I would when I did it.
- My favorite word was (and still is) eef. So I based something off of that. BAM - eefles.
- My old one was iiDandiPlayz

I also suggest xylophone. Honestly it's a short word (9 letters) and it's got x and o in it.

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's
I'm still reeling from not being silverwolv anymore but I got mine from sticking together the Latin names of two genera of kites: Elanus and Gampsonyx.
I'm still reeling from not being silverwolv anymore but I got mine from sticking together the Latin names of two genera of kites: Elanus and Gampsonyx.
unknown.png

That's...exactly what happened LOL. I mean, not like in a bad way. But I've never used the UN "Rowdy" before so sometimes I would see a past post by Rowdy and be like "who the frick is tha- oh that's me. Right." I've grown used to the name now though, and I didn't regret it even when I was having those little mini identity crises lol.

Ummm one of my dragons was named Rowdy & I think I was just going through various descriptive words I like and seeing if they were taken? Then this one wasn't, so here we are.

Katastrophie :)
I've used variations of 'Katastrophe' since way back in ye olde Runescape days, but it's become quite a popular name now (there are even several users on FR with variations of it) and I wanted something more unique. I've been changing all of my UNs on forums and games away from 'katastrophe/ie'.

That's...exactly what happened LOL. I mean, not like in a bad way. But I've never used the UN "Rowdy" before so sometimes I would see a past post by Rowdy and be like "who the frick is tha- oh that's me. Right." I've grown used to the name now though, and I didn't regret it even when I was having those little mini identity crises lol.

Ummm one of my dragons was named Rowdy & I think I was just going through various descriptive words I like and seeing if they were taken? Then this one wasn't, so here we are.

Katastrophie :)
I've used variations of 'Katastrophe' since way back in ye olde Runescape days, but it's become quite a popular name now (there are even several users on FR with variations of it) and I wanted something more unique. I've been changing all of my UNs on forums and games away from 'katastrophe/ie'.
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
I was HalfMoonTheWolf for about a year and a half, maybe more, until I "grew out" of the username. See, it was my go-to for many years, but after so long I didn't feel like I was HalfMoonTheWolf anymore.

It took a while to get used to my new name, but now I can't imagine being anything else! I've been Museless for almost a year now, and I'm very happy about it!

@Elanyx You're silverwolv?? I'd wondered where you'd gone off too...
I was HalfMoonTheWolf for about a year and a half, maybe more, until I "grew out" of the username. See, it was my go-to for many years, but after so long I didn't feel like I was HalfMoonTheWolf anymore.

It took a while to get used to my new name, but now I can't imagine being anything else! I've been Museless for almost a year now, and I'm very happy about it!

@Elanyx You're silverwolv?? I'd wondered where you'd gone off too...
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
Changed mine within the first year, was a WoW deathknight of mine, Ebonspite. Was thinking of word names and was like 'You know what is a good word, and also the pretty Metal Endboss of Soul Blazer?' [url=https://www.terraearth.com/wp-terraearth/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/deathtoll21-300x211.gif]Deathtoll the King of Evil[/url]. Who a greedy king made a deal with, a piece of gold for every living creature in the world. Seemed really fitting for buying up those dragons for Dom on the Auction House. [emoji=guardian winking]
Changed mine within the first year, was a WoW deathknight of mine, Ebonspite.

Was thinking of word names and was like 'You know what is a good word, and also the pretty Metal Endboss of Soul Blazer?'

Deathtoll the King of Evil.
Who a greedy king made a deal with, a piece of gold for every living creature in the world.

Seemed really fitting for buying up those dragons for Dom on the Auction House.
XTgWYyz.pnggPpaGUw.png
My old nickname was AlienNotHuman. I regretted that name the second I clicked ok. I ended up changing it to Superunknown a few weeks back, because it is an album from Soundgarden I really like!
My old nickname was AlienNotHuman. I regretted that name the second I clicked ok. I ended up changing it to Superunknown a few weeks back, because it is an album from Soundgarden I really like!
BILLIONS OF BLUE BLISTERING BARNACLES

K20cO1K.png
NEW: Pride Birdies!
For the first 5 years of flight rising I was Taarnfalk. After my hunter in World of Warcraft, Tårnfalk. I quit Wow but kept the name. The two aa instead of the Danish letter å bugged me though.

So for a while I was ThePlaguedRose. But I don't want my clan to have any alligance towards any of the flights so I recently switched to TheExplorer. Not fancy but I like it's neutrality. Plus my lore fits decent with the name.

It does feel foreign. I still see myself as Tårnfalk but I can't have the name because fr does not allow Danish letters. And I have not played Wow in 4 years so prob best to try and move on.
For the first 5 years of flight rising I was Taarnfalk. After my hunter in World of Warcraft, Tårnfalk. I quit Wow but kept the name. The two aa instead of the Danish letter å bugged me though.

So for a while I was ThePlaguedRose. But I don't want my clan to have any alligance towards any of the flights so I recently switched to TheExplorer. Not fancy but I like it's neutrality. Plus my lore fits decent with the name.

It does feel foreign. I still see myself as Tårnfalk but I can't have the name because fr does not allow Danish letters. And I have not played Wow in 4 years so prob best to try and move on.
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
- I did have a little bit of time being confused after I changed my name, but that’s just ‘cause I changed my username and avatar derg all at once. I was confuzzled why this person I didn’t recognize was posting the same things I was, at the same time! I’m not very bright at times. It was only a few posts until I got used to it.

- I was getting tired of my old one, it sounded very childish. I decided, since I’m a big fan of snakes, I’d change it to some species of snake. I decided on SandBoa becuase I love those chunky noodles.

- My old UN was SmolSnek. Looking back on it, I’m not sure why I kept it for so long, but I’m glad I changed it.

- I did have a little bit of time being confused after I changed my name, but that’s just ‘cause I changed my username and avatar derg all at once. I was confuzzled why this person I didn’t recognize was posting the same things I was, at the same time! I’m not very bright at times. It was only a few posts until I got used to it.

- I was getting tired of my old one, it sounded very childish. I decided, since I’m a big fan of snakes, I’d change it to some species of snake. I decided on SandBoa becuase I love those chunky noodles.

- My old UN was SmolSnek. Looking back on it, I’m not sure why I kept it for so long, but I’m glad I changed it.

l9szmFh.jpg
1 2 3