Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Improvement to Captchas?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Reducing the frequency and making them at least the full size of the coli screen would help a lot.
Reducing the frequency and making them at least the full size of the coli screen would help a lot.
wq9PoXA.png
I'd honestly like the captcha 'bonuses' (wouldn't even call them that tbh) to actually be useful?

The only bonus that really helps is the EXP boost. Anything else is just too small and trivial to be useful right now. They just don't make a difference as far as my experience goes?

I just really don't remember any cases where my lv25 dragons have been aided by things that would seem useful, like +5% STR, or VIT, or QCK. Maybe they help when you're training a team from scratch? Dunno. But considering how the boon only lasts one battle, they should have a bit more impact no matter what level the dragons. That'd make people actually look forward to captcha.
I'd honestly like the captcha 'bonuses' (wouldn't even call them that tbh) to actually be useful?

The only bonus that really helps is the EXP boost. Anything else is just too small and trivial to be useful right now. They just don't make a difference as far as my experience goes?

I just really don't remember any cases where my lv25 dragons have been aided by things that would seem useful, like +5% STR, or VIT, or QCK. Maybe they help when you're training a team from scratch? Dunno. But considering how the boon only lasts one battle, they should have a bit more impact no matter what level the dragons. That'd make people actually look forward to captcha.
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
[quote name="Gouldiae" date="2019-02-23 14:09:03" ] The only bonus that really helps is the EXP boost. Anything else is just too small and trivial to be useful right now. They just don't make a difference as far as my experience goes? [/quote] The EXP boost isn't useful everywhere - I grind in Volcanic Vents for exclusive drops, so 5% of 0 is still 0
Gouldiae wrote on 2019-02-23 14:09:03:

The EXP boost isn't useful everywhere - I grind in Volcanic Vents for exclusive drops, so 5% of 0 is still 0
[quote name="Dagomor" date="2019-02-23 14:08:25" ] @AlphaSobek @Graymare @Nyllei Yeah, I'm in the "want some proof" camp about misclicks [/quote] First of all, it's intermittent. Even when trying, I can't always get it to fail by clicking the edges. Just because you flip a coin once and it lands on heads, have you proved a coin flip will always land on heads? Also, looks like you're using the small sized CAPTCHA. Maybe it only affects the zoomed in one. Maybe it's dependent on browser. Maybe it's a combination of factors. Maybe it's something else entirely. The point is, just because it's not a problem for [i]you[/i], doesn't mean it isn't a problem for [i]others[/i]. Be glad you're not affected.
Dagomor wrote on 2019-02-23 14:08:25:
@AlphaSobek @Graymare @Nyllei

Yeah, I'm in the "want some proof" camp about misclicks

First of all, it's intermittent. Even when trying, I can't always get it to fail by clicking the edges. Just because you flip a coin once and it lands on heads, have you proved a coin flip will always land on heads?

Also, looks like you're using the small sized CAPTCHA. Maybe it only affects the zoomed in one. Maybe it's dependent on browser. Maybe it's a combination of factors. Maybe it's something else entirely. The point is, just because it's not a problem for you, doesn't mean it isn't a problem for others. Be glad you're not affected.
@Graymare I never said it wasn't a problem for you. I was trying to say that since I haven't seen it myself, I was wondering if one of you two could show me, since clearly you two, and many others, according to AlphaSobek, have seen it. Since you've taken that as me being hostile, it's clear that I failed at that and I'm sorry.

I doubt that you're lying, because you don't have a reason too (why would you). But neither I, nor you, can prove that you aren't, either. If I said, "Clearly, since I never had a problem with this, no one else had one either and they're all stupid people who can't see," I would be in the wrong. However, I asked you if you could show me otherwise. I specifically said that I would be happy to eat my words if given concrete evidence otherwise.

But you haven't done that, and I have yet to come across a captcha that does not register my clicks in the way it should.
@Graymare I never said it wasn't a problem for you. I was trying to say that since I haven't seen it myself, I was wondering if one of you two could show me, since clearly you two, and many others, according to AlphaSobek, have seen it. Since you've taken that as me being hostile, it's clear that I failed at that and I'm sorry.

I doubt that you're lying, because you don't have a reason too (why would you). But neither I, nor you, can prove that you aren't, either. If I said, "Clearly, since I never had a problem with this, no one else had one either and they're all stupid people who can't see," I would be in the wrong. However, I asked you if you could show me otherwise. I specifically said that I would be happy to eat my words if given concrete evidence otherwise.

But you haven't done that, and I have yet to come across a captcha that does not register my clicks in the way it should.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
@Graymare But that's the thing, I'm not making the claim [emoji=coatl deadpan]. I can't find problems with the click boxes. I've tried this lots of times. If there is a problem with the click boxes, evidence should be able to be gathered. It would be a demonstrable property. Aside: I [i]have[/i] tried it with the enlarged size. Clicking the holes and edges and what not. I didn't find any issues with that size either. Another aside: the few times I didn't succeed when I thought I clicked the dragon when I was taking short clips and reviewing them? I missed the dragon; it was as simple as that. Didn't click on it by any sane definition. I'm not doing it again because it is boring, and the clips are deleted, but I welcome anyone to try.
@Graymare

But that's the thing, I'm not making the claim . I can't find problems with the click boxes. I've tried this lots of times. If there is a problem with the click boxes, evidence should be able to be gathered. It would be a demonstrable property.

Aside: I have tried it with the enlarged size. Clicking the holes and edges and what not. I didn't find any issues with that size either.

Another aside: the few times I didn't succeed when I thought I clicked the dragon when I was taking short clips and reviewing them? I missed the dragon; it was as simple as that. Didn't click on it by any sane definition. I'm not doing it again because it is boring, and the clips are deleted, but I welcome anyone to try.
And I wish I could show you your desired evidence, but I can't, unless a screenshot would do which hardly seems useful as you'd have to still take my word for it that 'clicking here in this picture didn't work'.

And I have sat down and deliberately triggered the CAPTCHA and then carefully chosen a spot on, but at the edge of, a dragon picture and had it fail. No possibility that it was just oversight, as I spent at least ten seconds looking at the dragon image and choosing a bit of wing or foot to click on.
And I wish I could show you your desired evidence, but I can't, unless a screenshot would do which hardly seems useful as you'd have to still take my word for it that 'clicking here in this picture didn't work'.

And I have sat down and deliberately triggered the CAPTCHA and then carefully chosen a spot on, but at the edge of, a dragon picture and had it fail. No possibility that it was just oversight, as I spent at least ten seconds looking at the dragon image and choosing a bit of wing or foot to click on.
I'm colourblind, and this captchas are nearly impossible. They make the Coli such a hassle to use I avoid it except during festivals. It would be so much better if the dragon had thicker lines, or if the puzzle itself was black-and-white. I know I'm not the only colourblind person who struggles with these!
I'm colourblind, and this captchas are nearly impossible. They make the Coli such a hassle to use I avoid it except during festivals. It would be so much better if the dragon had thicker lines, or if the puzzle itself was black-and-white. I know I'm not the only colourblind person who struggles with these!
6ntc1cC.jpg
My only complaint is that many, many times I will click the dragon and it doesn't register so I have to do another one. I don't know if the clickboxes are really finicky or what, but I'm baffled every time it happens, like I clicked it!

I can imagine that some of them are VERY difficult for people with color blindness or other sight impairments. I have ok vision and sometimes the dragon is next to invisible to me.
My only complaint is that many, many times I will click the dragon and it doesn't register so I have to do another one. I don't know if the clickboxes are really finicky or what, but I'm baffled every time it happens, like I clicked it!

I can imagine that some of them are VERY difficult for people with color blindness or other sight impairments. I have ok vision and sometimes the dragon is next to invisible to me.
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
@ProbablySkeletor So what would you suggest as an alternative, or improvement that would work for you?
@ProbablySkeletor So what would you suggest as an alternative, or improvement that would work for you?
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
1 2 3 4 5 6