Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Improvement to Captchas?
1 2 3 4 5 6
the only problem I have with captchas is that on mobile I'll click on a dragon and sometimes it doesn't work. it'll get to the point where I can't solve anymore and I have to wait to get back in to the coliseum, and it's really annoying.
the only problem I have with captchas is that on mobile I'll click on a dragon and sometimes it doesn't work. it'll get to the point where I can't solve anymore and I have to wait to get back in to the coliseum, and it's really annoying.
wC5zS4I.png ocka -- an idiot
@Morigan @Graymare

Since both of you say that the captchas aren't functioning properly for you, could you provide a video or gif or something for proof? I've seen that complaint around a lot, but I've yet to see anyone actually come forward with evidence.

It's always functioned just fine for me, but I'm more than willing to eat my words if you can show otherwise.
@Morigan @Graymare

Since both of you say that the captchas aren't functioning properly for you, could you provide a video or gif or something for proof? I've seen that complaint around a lot, but I've yet to see anyone actually come forward with evidence.

It's always functioned just fine for me, but I'm more than willing to eat my words if you can show otherwise.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
I don't have the ability to capture video, but I can assure you that it's happened probably ~20 times at least, that I *know* I've clicked on a dragon, and the screen loads a different set instead of proceeding. Usually when I'm not being careful enough to click on the middle of the dragon, hence why I suspect it's probably a hitbox issue.

Same thing happens in video games, because the invisible hit box doesn't match the on screen graphic size or location exactly.

Edit: You can easily test this yourself - just click on the extremities of the dragon picture.
I don't have the ability to capture video, but I can assure you that it's happened probably ~20 times at least, that I *know* I've clicked on a dragon, and the screen loads a different set instead of proceeding. Usually when I'm not being careful enough to click on the middle of the dragon, hence why I suspect it's probably a hitbox issue.

Same thing happens in video games, because the invisible hit box doesn't match the on screen graphic size or location exactly.

Edit: You can easily test this yourself - just click on the extremities of the dragon picture.
I think a bold or glowing outline around captcha clickables would make them easier to see, but I don't know what others would think of this idea.
I think a bold or glowing outline around captcha clickables would make them easier to see, but I don't know what others would think of this idea.
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
[quote name="EPICdragon99" date="2019-02-23 13:40:17" ] I think a bold or glowing outline around captcha clickables would make them easier to see, but I don't know what others would think of this idea. [/quote] Would not just help humans. Would help bots to the point that having a captcha would be useless
EPICdragon99 wrote on 2019-02-23 13:40:17:
Would not just help humans. Would help bots to the point that having a captcha would be useless
@Graymare Alright, thanks for replying. As I stated earlier though, it hasn't been a problem for me, so I hope you can forgive my suspicion.

I guess I'll just wait and see if anyone comes forward with something concrete to prove the hitboxes are off.
@Graymare Alright, thanks for replying. As I stated earlier though, it hasn't been a problem for me, so I hope you can forgive my suspicion.

I guess I'll just wait and see if anyone comes forward with something concrete to prove the hitboxes are off.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
@Nyllei You can test it yourself. Click on the extremities of the dragon picture instead of the middle, and sometimes it will fail.

The stance of 'it's not a problem for me, so it doesn't exist' isn't very nice. If someone tells you something is a problem for them, it most likely is, even if your experience differs. We're not all the same.
@Nyllei You can test it yourself. Click on the extremities of the dragon picture instead of the middle, and sometimes it will fail.

The stance of 'it's not a problem for me, so it doesn't exist' isn't very nice. If someone tells you something is a problem for them, it most likely is, even if your experience differs. We're not all the same.
[quote name="Morigan" date="2019-02-23 01:30:05" ] Well, the first step would be making the captcha actually recognise a correct answer 100% of the time. I see the dragon, click the dragon, and sometimes it still gives me a new captcha. Is that just me or...? [/quote] Definitely not just you. It's super frustrating when it happens multiple times in a row.
Morigan wrote on 2019-02-23 01:30:05:
Well, the first step would be making the captcha actually recognise a correct answer 100% of the time. I see the dragon, click the dragon, and sometimes it still gives me a new captcha. Is that just me or...?

Definitely not just you. It's super frustrating when it happens multiple times in a row.
TyYgOYZ.png
In terms of clicking the captcha dragon and having it refresh...

The bug forum was absolutely full of people claiming the same thing. Still gets talked about on occasion now.

Same with the suggestion forum. While I suppose it's possible that in EVERY instance it's been a mistake on the users part. It seems a bit sketchy that so many people seem to be having this problem.

Usually reports tend to be mixed but it varies between people clicking the negative space in dragon images (the empty space between spiral loops, space between skydancers neck/wings, etc), clicking square in the middle of the dragon, clicking arms/legs/tail, etc.

It was also proposed that the problem WASN'T clicking the dragon but that instead, you got the capthca RIGHT it just decided to load another one right after. To clarify, the system did not wait for another battle but since the screen changed decided to insert another captcha here (since it's mostly random how many screen changes/battles pop up between each captcha - at least for me).

So basically instead of loading the next battle screen it loaded a new captcha. Since sometimes there's a captcha every two battles, 5 battles, 10 battles. I could see it easily deciding to toss up another one RIGHT after one. This would still be rare since they're not supposed to really do that, or the chances of multiple captchas so close together is supposed to be small. But with how frequently they can pop up I wouldn't be surprised. It also being random, as it seems, not everyone would have experienced it either.

So it could be both, it could be neither, but I think the captcha system needs an overhaul anyway.

When a good chunk of people say they can't even USE the coli anymore due to visibility issues and the coli is such a LARGE part of how you have to play this game, it seems sort of backwards to not do SOMETHING.
In terms of clicking the captcha dragon and having it refresh...

The bug forum was absolutely full of people claiming the same thing. Still gets talked about on occasion now.

Same with the suggestion forum. While I suppose it's possible that in EVERY instance it's been a mistake on the users part. It seems a bit sketchy that so many people seem to be having this problem.

Usually reports tend to be mixed but it varies between people clicking the negative space in dragon images (the empty space between spiral loops, space between skydancers neck/wings, etc), clicking square in the middle of the dragon, clicking arms/legs/tail, etc.

It was also proposed that the problem WASN'T clicking the dragon but that instead, you got the capthca RIGHT it just decided to load another one right after. To clarify, the system did not wait for another battle but since the screen changed decided to insert another captcha here (since it's mostly random how many screen changes/battles pop up between each captcha - at least for me).

So basically instead of loading the next battle screen it loaded a new captcha. Since sometimes there's a captcha every two battles, 5 battles, 10 battles. I could see it easily deciding to toss up another one RIGHT after one. This would still be rare since they're not supposed to really do that, or the chances of multiple captchas so close together is supposed to be small. But with how frequently they can pop up I wouldn't be surprised. It also being random, as it seems, not everyone would have experienced it either.

So it could be both, it could be neither, but I think the captcha system needs an overhaul anyway.

When a good chunk of people say they can't even USE the coli anymore due to visibility issues and the coli is such a LARGE part of how you have to play this game, it seems sort of backwards to not do SOMETHING.
IT7iTv8.png
@AlphaSobek @Graymare @Nyllei Yeah, I'm in the "want some proof" camp about misclicks because I can do things like this: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Yrc0qqk.png[/img] And to be clear, that click was accepted, and the coliseum proceeded to load my next battle immediately.
@AlphaSobek @Graymare @Nyllei

Yeah, I'm in the "want some proof" camp about misclicks because I can do things like this:
Yrc0qqk.png

And to be clear, that click was accepted, and the coliseum proceeded to load my next battle immediately.
1 2 3 4 5 6