Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | To all those saying this NOTN is great..
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16
My summing up (so far). Low drop rate coupled with too much old stuff in the chests = disappointment.
My summing up (so far). Low drop rate coupled with too much old stuff in the chests = disappointment.
April showers bring forth May flowers
I agree that the drop rates of the chests do seem lower. But that in itself I don't think is a bad thing. The decreased rate coupled with the quality of the items in the chests is causing the frustration. If they were to remove old familiars and apparel and improve the overall quality/recency of items in the chests, I wouldn't have a problem.
I agree that the drop rates of the chests do seem lower. But that in itself I don't think is a bad thing. The decreased rate coupled with the quality of the items in the chests is causing the frustration. If they were to remove old familiars and apparel and improve the overall quality/recency of items in the chests, I wouldn't have a problem.
its been almost 8 years in dragon heck, help.

Hiring Melters: here

Hiring Coli Grinders: here
I THINK that... when you are very upset about your personal experience and you know you are very upset about your personal experience, opening a thread with a title that directly invites in people who had the opposite personal experience, might not be a very good idea?
I THINK that... when you are very upset about your personal experience and you know you are very upset about your personal experience, opening a thread with a title that directly invites in people who had the opposite personal experience, might not be a very good idea?
sig_02_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xs.png
sig_04_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xq.pngsig_05_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y8.pngsig_06_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y6.png
sig_07_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y3.pngsig_08_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xz.pngsig_09_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xx.png
sig_10_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xw.png
I haven't been keeping an accurate tally of chests I've gotten so far since I've just been grinding coli in the background while grinding another game, but I did notice a drop in chests after the first day.

I don't know if it would fix anything but I think increasing the # of things given per chest might help and each "slot" picks from a different pool of stuff. So for example, slot #1 pulls from the familiars only, slot #2 pulls from apparel, slot #3 pulls from vista etc. Depending on how rare staff want things they can clump eggs, genes, scrolls, and such to one slot or multiple. All those things could be assigned to something like slot #4 where you would always get something from the 'rare' pool with the thing having the highest chance being whatever the staff want. I don't know, you could make the easiest thing to get from the rare slot a noc egg while if you get lucky it would be a breed change scroll or gene scroll.

I think as they increase the pool you'd need to increase what users get and start sectioning them into different pools. Having a guaranteed 'rare' alongside an increased number of item slots might help lessen the pressure personally. I don't know how feasible such a thing would or if I even explained it that well but I think as someone who is new to the event getting only one item from a bloated pool of everything after grinding for a while is the most disheartening thing.
I haven't been keeping an accurate tally of chests I've gotten so far since I've just been grinding coli in the background while grinding another game, but I did notice a drop in chests after the first day.

I don't know if it would fix anything but I think increasing the # of things given per chest might help and each "slot" picks from a different pool of stuff. So for example, slot #1 pulls from the familiars only, slot #2 pulls from apparel, slot #3 pulls from vista etc. Depending on how rare staff want things they can clump eggs, genes, scrolls, and such to one slot or multiple. All those things could be assigned to something like slot #4 where you would always get something from the 'rare' pool with the thing having the highest chance being whatever the staff want. I don't know, you could make the easiest thing to get from the rare slot a noc egg while if you get lucky it would be a breed change scroll or gene scroll.

I think as they increase the pool you'd need to increase what users get and start sectioning them into different pools. Having a guaranteed 'rare' alongside an increased number of item slots might help lessen the pressure personally. I don't know how feasible such a thing would or if I even explained it that well but I think as someone who is new to the event getting only one item from a bloated pool of everything after grinding for a while is the most disheartening thing.
DistinctPiercingBillygoat-small.gif tenor.gif
tbh im mostly neutral but the drop rates do seem a bit;; lower

the orange jester apparel is just really ugly and i wish theyd retire it because in a whole year of being on this site ive never seen one (1) player saying they like it;; and opening like, even 5 chests only to find those old + ugly apparel is upsetting

this is my main complain! dont put old apparel in chests;;

i think that apparel thing is what makes us think the drop rates are lower. i dont think they really are, but. yeah. : ' )
tbh im mostly neutral but the drop rates do seem a bit;; lower

the orange jester apparel is just really ugly and i wish theyd retire it because in a whole year of being on this site ive never seen one (1) player saying they like it;; and opening like, even 5 chests only to find those old + ugly apparel is upsetting

this is my main complain! dont put old apparel in chests;;

i think that apparel thing is what makes us think the drop rates are lower. i dont think they really are, but. yeah. : ' )
Y5ILoot.png
I still think NOTN is fun and I'm having a great time! Everyone has a different experience. I find the lower chest rate to be more fair, tbh. I'm still getting a bunch from gathering every day too.
I still think NOTN is fun and I'm having a great time! Everyone has a different experience. I find the lower chest rate to be more fair, tbh. I'm still getting a bunch from gathering every day too.
imageedit_7_8440965932.png
✧✧✧ AXES - THEY - 21 ✧✧✧
•••
MY HATCHERY
imageedit_6_5428970908.png
[quote name="ShadewingRising" date="2018-12-25 19:06:42" ] Honestly Smirch should just be taken out of chests entirely. Its value is crazy low, and I’ve been getting it so often that I want to hurl my iPad across the room ): [/quote] This would honestly make me sad. I like Smirch and from the chests I have opened (about 50 or so I think in total?) I only got one Smirch. [i]one[/i], but I've had like 8 eggs. #MoreLoveForSmirch On a side note, I think back in 2015 you could actually get Noc eggs to drop in the coli along with the chests and I am pretty sure that re-implementing that would satisfy those who want more eggs (anyone remember noc eggs going down to 99g each?? Yeah fam that was fun as heck, terrible for the G1 market but shh. I loved opening SO MANY fodders xD) Drop rates are also technically lower because of the large amount of items that we can find. (Which, to me, collecting 5 NotN familiars, have absolutely no problem with. Maybe next year there'll be something new I wanna collect) All in all, I can't complain about NotN this year really, this year I've decided to sell my chests to buy vials of scattersight for a dragon I'm trying to get MG for so I get almost none of the fun parts of opening chests. The only thing that's a bit sad is how my RNG seem to fluctuate quite highly and I can go an hour with like 10-15 chests and then another hour with like 5. But hey, that's RNG for ya :p
ShadewingRising wrote on 2018-12-25 19:06:42:
Honestly Smirch should just be taken out of chests entirely. Its value is crazy low, and I’ve been getting it so often that I want to hurl my iPad across the room ):

This would honestly make me sad. I like Smirch and from the chests I have opened (about 50 or so I think in total?) I only got one Smirch. one, but I've had like 8 eggs. #MoreLoveForSmirch

On a side note, I think back in 2015 you could actually get Noc eggs to drop in the coli along with the chests and I am pretty sure that re-implementing that would satisfy those who want more eggs (anyone remember noc eggs going down to 99g each?? Yeah fam that was fun as heck, terrible for the G1 market but shh. I loved opening SO MANY fodders xD)

Drop rates are also technically lower because of the large amount of items that we can find.
(Which, to me, collecting 5 NotN familiars, have absolutely no problem with. Maybe next year there'll be something new I wanna collect)

All in all, I can't complain about NotN this year really, this year I've decided to sell my chests to buy vials of scattersight for a dragon I'm trying to get MG for so I get almost none of the fun parts of opening chests.
The only thing that's a bit sad is how my RNG seem to fluctuate quite highly and I can go an hour with like 10-15 chests and then another hour with like 5. But hey, that's RNG for ya :p
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
I am sorry that you have had such a hard time I understand in some ways. With the change of all mobs can drop NotN items the first few days it seems that they lowered the amount of NotN mobs you get from an area. This in turn lowers the actual drop rate of chest. However I tested yesterday spending an hour in either woodland path, scorched forest, and Sandswept Delta switching each hour for about 10 hours. Found that they gave a range of 10-18 chest an hour. This is the same rate as it was past years. I did see more NotN mobs than I did the first couple days so they might have adjusted the rate of NotN mobs without saying anything. Could give my test a try and see what your data gives.
As for the chest the drop rate seems to be the same as in the past, most people just don’t know what those numbers are and think things are so much higher. Here is some data from the past year:
Vista:4.69%
Apparel:25.30%
Familiar(2015):8.45%
Familiar(2016):22.73%
Familiar(2017):22.19%
Egg:8.85%
Nocturne Breed Change Scroll:0.58%
Smirch Tert Gene Scroll:7.22%
I have opened over a thousand chest each year(over 7000 the first year). I can tell you for certain it can change each hundred how often something pops up, but when you put it all together the drop rate is the same. Especially for noc scrolls. They are very low and can go over 200 chest before saw one. It’s hard with a smaller set to see especially when others are boasting how it only took 2 chest to get a scroll, but your goal of 100 chest a day is viable. 200 eggs not so much. Opened 888 chest in one sitting last year and only got 85 eggs from it. But that matches the drop rate, if looking for that many you would have to open over 2000 chest. It was the same for the other years, once they changed to no food/trinket items in the first year. It’s just how the numbers are. I understand the frustration I really do, my goal is so far out of reach unless I can start selling things. Was frustrated that it took 28 chest the first day to get my first egg, but knowing the stats I know that it happens. RNG can be cruel, I got 0 chest from the 30 gathering turns still sad about it, but pick yourself up and try again. Persistence and realistic goals are key. Try for the impossible, but allow yourself to be ok if the impossible doesn’t fully pan out.
I am sorry that you have had such a hard time I understand in some ways. With the change of all mobs can drop NotN items the first few days it seems that they lowered the amount of NotN mobs you get from an area. This in turn lowers the actual drop rate of chest. However I tested yesterday spending an hour in either woodland path, scorched forest, and Sandswept Delta switching each hour for about 10 hours. Found that they gave a range of 10-18 chest an hour. This is the same rate as it was past years. I did see more NotN mobs than I did the first couple days so they might have adjusted the rate of NotN mobs without saying anything. Could give my test a try and see what your data gives.
As for the chest the drop rate seems to be the same as in the past, most people just don’t know what those numbers are and think things are so much higher. Here is some data from the past year:
Vista:4.69%
Apparel:25.30%
Familiar(2015):8.45%
Familiar(2016):22.73%
Familiar(2017):22.19%
Egg:8.85%
Nocturne Breed Change Scroll:0.58%
Smirch Tert Gene Scroll:7.22%
I have opened over a thousand chest each year(over 7000 the first year). I can tell you for certain it can change each hundred how often something pops up, but when you put it all together the drop rate is the same. Especially for noc scrolls. They are very low and can go over 200 chest before saw one. It’s hard with a smaller set to see especially when others are boasting how it only took 2 chest to get a scroll, but your goal of 100 chest a day is viable. 200 eggs not so much. Opened 888 chest in one sitting last year and only got 85 eggs from it. But that matches the drop rate, if looking for that many you would have to open over 2000 chest. It was the same for the other years, once they changed to no food/trinket items in the first year. It’s just how the numbers are. I understand the frustration I really do, my goal is so far out of reach unless I can start selling things. Was frustrated that it took 28 chest the first day to get my first egg, but knowing the stats I know that it happens. RNG can be cruel, I got 0 chest from the 30 gathering turns still sad about it, but pick yourself up and try again. Persistence and realistic goals are key. Try for the impossible, but allow yourself to be ok if the impossible doesn’t fully pan out.
4Zlz1vc.pngrsz-lorwolf-button.png
How often were y'all expecting to get nocturne eggs and scrolls? Were you expecting a drop rate of 25% or higher? The pool of items keeps getting larger, which is going to reduce your odds of getting rare drops to begin with. I'd think that fact shouldn't need to be explained anymore, but apparently not.

Honestly, I've got 1 egg so far out of probably approximately 40 chests. I've got a bunch of the new familiars, some of the ones I missed last year and some apparel too. I'm happy with my experience so far. But this is a RNG based event. There are going to be some people who get lucky and some who aren't. You're all probably going to get some duplicates.

But I encourage you all to try to stay positive!
How often were y'all expecting to get nocturne eggs and scrolls? Were you expecting a drop rate of 25% or higher? The pool of items keeps getting larger, which is going to reduce your odds of getting rare drops to begin with. I'd think that fact shouldn't need to be explained anymore, but apparently not.

Honestly, I've got 1 egg so far out of probably approximately 40 chests. I've got a bunch of the new familiars, some of the ones I missed last year and some apparel too. I'm happy with my experience so far. But this is a RNG based event. There are going to be some people who get lucky and some who aren't. You're all probably going to get some duplicates.

But I encourage you all to try to stay positive!
The truth is that a lot of it is RNG, though. I got my first Noc scroll this year and I've been here since the first one in 2014. I've been on hiatus for at least one of those, but, at face value, it's taken me years to get a scroll out of a chest. It's kinda sucky, but that's just RNG.

It's also important to remember that we've got a while until the event is over. Your luck might be bad now, but later in the event, it very well might pick up :)
The truth is that a lot of it is RNG, though. I got my first Noc scroll this year and I've been here since the first one in 2014. I've been on hiatus for at least one of those, but, at face value, it's taken me years to get a scroll out of a chest. It's kinda sucky, but that's just RNG.

It's also important to remember that we've got a while until the event is over. Your luck might be bad now, but later in the event, it very well might pick up :)
extra-candles-left.png
Apotheos
FR+8
She/Her
I have too many projects send help
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16