Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | underwhelming
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Shougoney" date="2018-12-25 13:38:23" ] [quote name="Shougoney" date="2018-12-25 01:54:04" ] [b]To me it's just odd that many people are complaining and staff is not saying ANYTHING about it[/b] It'd be no effort to add a small paragraph saying whether the rates actually changed or not, and maybe giving a reason /cut [/quote] Uhm I'm neither new nor did I never pay attention, maybe you didn't read my full post but I mentioned the eye update too so I don't really get your point? Staff here is not transparent at all but I never said I'm surprised, just that it's odd- that's a difference. [/quote] My point is that even when a SIGNIFICANT portion of the user base made pages and pages of threads full of complaints and concerns, the staff barely addressed the issue, simply saying, "Right now nothings changing, we'll think about it." This issue is VERY small in comparison, this is basically the only thread I've seen with discussion on the drop rates, and you're upset that staff hasn't said anything? Staff is notorious for staying silent on issues, and not addressing threads in the suggestion/discussion forum, and you think them not addressing this one thread is [b]odd[/b], which is what I find interesting. This is par for the course for staff, regardless of whether you think there's an issue with drop rates this year. And please don't ping me. Thanks.
Shougoney wrote on 2018-12-25 13:38:23:
Shougoney wrote on 2018-12-25 01:54:04:
To me it's just odd that many people are complaining and staff is not saying ANYTHING about it
It'd be no effort to add a small paragraph saying whether the rates actually changed or not, and maybe giving a reason

/cut

Uhm I'm neither new nor did I never pay attention, maybe you didn't read my full post but I mentioned the eye update too so I don't really get your point?
Staff here is not transparent at all but I never said I'm surprised, just that it's odd- that's a difference.

My point is that even when a SIGNIFICANT portion of the user base made pages and pages of threads full of complaints and concerns, the staff barely addressed the issue, simply saying, "Right now nothings changing, we'll think about it."

This issue is VERY small in comparison, this is basically the only thread I've seen with discussion on the drop rates, and you're upset that staff hasn't said anything?

Staff is notorious for staying silent on issues, and not addressing threads in the suggestion/discussion forum, and you think them not addressing this one thread is odd, which is what I find interesting.

This is par for the course for staff, regardless of whether you think there's an issue with drop rates this year.

And please don't ping me. Thanks.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
[quote name="MulberryScroll" date="2018-12-24 16:11:24" ] Maybe if they separated the chests into categories, dunno, but the item pool has gotten a bit too big for one chest. At least there's no swarm of Smirch scrolls this year. [/quote] I was going to say this as well! I really wish they'd permanently retire some of the oldest items so that the item pool isn't so flooded (or put them into MP during event just to get them out of chest drops). It seems like this issue happened first with Swipp, and now NotN.
MulberryScroll wrote on 2018-12-24 16:11:24:
Maybe if they separated the chests into categories, dunno, but the item pool has gotten a bit too big for one chest. At least there's no swarm of Smirch scrolls this year.

I was going to say this as well! I really wish they'd permanently retire some of the oldest items so that the item pool isn't so flooded (or put them into MP during event just to get them out of chest drops). It seems like this issue happened first with Swipp, and now NotN.
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
I feel ya! I was so excited because I wanted 2 noc scrolls and I figured I'd get em easily because last year I had like 5 stored. Today I had to grind for 8 hours for 5 chests containing nothing but familiars. I'm so done with this holiday I JUST WANT TWO NOC SCROLLS RNG PLS
I feel ya! I was so excited because I wanted 2 noc scrolls and I figured I'd get em easily because last year I had like 5 stored. Today I had to grind for 8 hours for 5 chests containing nothing but familiars. I'm so done with this holiday I JUST WANT TWO NOC SCROLLS RNG PLS
the thing that I’m having major trouble with is that I’m expected to put like 8 hours a day in order to get a decent amount of chests and eggs. I’ve grinded for around 4 hours or so and I haven only gotten like 25 chests and 0 eggs or other drops. While I understand that rare drops are rare, it’s really frustrating when you hear other people get a bunch of eggs and rare drops while you don’t get anything.
the thing that I’m having major trouble with is that I’m expected to put like 8 hours a day in order to get a decent amount of chests and eggs. I’ve grinded for around 4 hours or so and I haven only gotten like 25 chests and 0 eggs or other drops. While I understand that rare drops are rare, it’s really frustrating when you hear other people get a bunch of eggs and rare drops while you don’t get anything.
Bottled Embers Vial of Mysterious Toxin
heather | 16 | she-her | pisces
wishlist | about me | dragon projects
please read this before messaging me
Yeah I feel the drop rate is low too, last year I was able to get 100 eggs, but this year I don't think I could get half of that,
Yeah I feel the drop rate is low too, last year I was able to get 100 eggs, but this year I don't think I could get half of that,
GkKw54H.png
I agree the drop rate feels really low. I've had good luck in Sandswept Delta but even then I've given up on opening chests because all I'm getting is garbage that has no value anymore.
I agree the drop rate feels really low. I've had good luck in Sandswept Delta but even then I've given up on opening chests because all I'm getting is garbage that has no value anymore.
yfM68XN.gif
[quote name="Cataclasm" date="2018-12-24 18:22:46" ] It is honestly disheartening and a bit disturbing seeing so many people adamantly defending the staff, claiming that everything is amazing. Like, we're not saying the devs are horrible people here. We're just expressing our disappointment that a one time event which a lot of people REALLY look forward to, has been ruined. I've been stalking Maki's guide for a while. Most people said they got anywhere from 0 to 5 chests per 100 whole battles. If you think that's normal or good.... Then maybe rethink. That is absolutely ridiculous.... Myself, a few friends and a bunch of other people have been having "bad luck". But is it really our luck? Are we just a bunch of complainers for the lulz? Absolutely not. Literally everyone I've seen/spoken to has been very disappointed at this year's notn. last year was pretty good! I remember getting chests every other battle or so. And even though regular coli enemies did not drop trade items, I still had enough of those for a bit of trading, too. This year, the staff have decided to make it so that regular enemies drop trade items and chests too. So, as a result, the overall droprate has plummeted. Not everyone has the time to wait until swipp gives out the right trade. A lot of us just want to grind for a few hours and have something to show for it. Not grind for 5+ hours and only have 10 chests. Once again: It has been 5 years. The creators should have decided on how this event functions by now. Stable droprates are GOOD. Changing it on us every god damn year is NOT. [/quote] [color= #581845][font= calibri] Exactly what I mean
Cataclasm wrote on 2018-12-24 18:22:46:
It is honestly disheartening and a bit disturbing seeing so many people adamantly defending the staff, claiming that everything is amazing. Like, we're not saying the devs are horrible people here. We're just expressing our disappointment that a one time event which a lot of people REALLY look forward to, has been ruined.

I've been stalking Maki's guide for a while. Most people said they got anywhere from 0 to 5 chests per 100 whole battles. If you think that's normal or good.... Then maybe rethink. That is absolutely ridiculous.... Myself, a few friends and a bunch of other people have been having "bad luck". But is it really our luck? Are we just a bunch of complainers for the lulz? Absolutely not. Literally everyone I've seen/spoken to has been very disappointed at this year's notn.

last year was pretty good! I remember getting chests every other battle or so. And even though regular coli enemies did not drop trade items, I still had enough of those for a bit of trading, too.

This year, the staff have decided to make it so that regular enemies drop trade items and chests too. So, as a result, the overall droprate has plummeted. Not everyone has the time to wait until swipp gives out the right trade. A lot of us just want to grind for a few hours and have something to show for it. Not grind for 5+ hours and only have 10 chests.

Once again: It has been 5 years. The creators should have decided on how this event functions by now. Stable droprates are GOOD. Changing it on us every god damn year is NOT.

Exactly what I mean
Bottled Embers Vial of Mysterious Toxin
heather | 16 | she-her | pisces
wishlist | about me | dragon projects
please read this before messaging me
Y'know, I don't remember an abundance of chests in the first few years, but I definitely feel like there are less nowadays. Keep in mind that in the early days, it was between getting an egg or an abundance of buttrocks essentially. I didn't mind personally, but it didn't sit well with everyone. Now that there's always something worth a few gems in each chest, the drop rate was tweaked to compensate.

I feel the support group vibe, but I can at least share what I've been doing. The past few years, I only went to grind in two hour Swipp shifts. The hours when he had chests available is when I'd grind in the corresponding venue. That way, if I were to come out with 0 chests via grinding(hasn't happened to me yet), I'd still get a few from Swipp. Trading with past NotN items also helps make up the difference. The past 2-3 years, I managed to come out with 500+ chests by the end of it, partially due to this method. IDk I'm competitive and I think I only come back to FR for this event along with Wish Rising.

That being said, I feel not wanting to spend every waking hour trying to grind. Hell, I've had a bunch of time on my side ever since the first one launched, but it's far from the same for everyone. While the drop rate may or may not shift every year, so do the avenues people take up to compensate in the forums and such. Every year, there's a new way to get chests and stuff. For some people, it'd be worth modifying, but I'm aware it can't work out perfectly for everyone.

IDK what to say, I found this thread through the screed on pg 7 but I hardly agree with it so I wanted to say things with another screed lol lol anyway Swipp has 3 chest deals up rn so gotta split but yeah feels bad man.
Y'know, I don't remember an abundance of chests in the first few years, but I definitely feel like there are less nowadays. Keep in mind that in the early days, it was between getting an egg or an abundance of buttrocks essentially. I didn't mind personally, but it didn't sit well with everyone. Now that there's always something worth a few gems in each chest, the drop rate was tweaked to compensate.

I feel the support group vibe, but I can at least share what I've been doing. The past few years, I only went to grind in two hour Swipp shifts. The hours when he had chests available is when I'd grind in the corresponding venue. That way, if I were to come out with 0 chests via grinding(hasn't happened to me yet), I'd still get a few from Swipp. Trading with past NotN items also helps make up the difference. The past 2-3 years, I managed to come out with 500+ chests by the end of it, partially due to this method. IDk I'm competitive and I think I only come back to FR for this event along with Wish Rising.

That being said, I feel not wanting to spend every waking hour trying to grind. Hell, I've had a bunch of time on my side ever since the first one launched, but it's far from the same for everyone. While the drop rate may or may not shift every year, so do the avenues people take up to compensate in the forums and such. Every year, there's a new way to get chests and stuff. For some people, it'd be worth modifying, but I'm aware it can't work out perfectly for everyone.

IDK what to say, I found this thread through the screed on pg 7 but I hardly agree with it so I wanted to say things with another screed lol lol anyway Swipp has 3 chest deals up rn so gotta split but yeah feels bad man.
Honestly I kinda wish staff would give currency instead of materials for swipp, so we can trade directly for what we want, and keep chests extra rare and really just iwht stuff like the eggs and rare scrolls
Honestly I kinda wish staff would give currency instead of materials for swipp, so we can trade directly for what we want, and keep chests extra rare and really just iwht stuff like the eggs and rare scrolls
lightningshieldr.png MocgjKP.gif beastclanshieldl.png
i feel it being lower too and i couldn't tell if it was just me or if i just couldn't remember exactly how it was which is no wonder since the droprate keeps changing and now it feels... not as rewarding? it's probably just me but i like to get a lot of chests even if there's not always an egg or a noc scroll in them, at least it keeps the excitement train moving (and you can hoardsell what you don't need if you're lazy). now it just kind of slows to a halt waiting for another chest.. actually, not even another chest, another egg
i feel it being lower too and i couldn't tell if it was just me or if i just couldn't remember exactly how it was which is no wonder since the droprate keeps changing and now it feels... not as rewarding? it's probably just me but i like to get a lot of chests even if there's not always an egg or a noc scroll in them, at least it keeps the excitement train moving (and you can hoardsell what you don't need if you're lazy). now it just kind of slows to a halt waiting for another chest.. actually, not even another chest, another egg
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9