Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | G&G Training - Discussion Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6
I don't mind helping either, I like working from screenshots onsite too.
I don't mind helping either, I like working from screenshots onsite too.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
So I've set up a WIP thread to start working on. I might be pulled away here in a bit but I've at least got like... a thread to edit I guess.

If anyone has any layout ideas or anything feel free to let me know!

As of right now the only graphics I have and will probably be pulling from, are FR's actual G&G graphics - ala this thread. But again, ideas are welcome!
So I've set up a WIP thread to start working on. I might be pulled away here in a bit but I've at least got like... a thread to edit I guess.

If anyone has any layout ideas or anything feel free to let me know!

As of right now the only graphics I have and will probably be pulling from, are FR's actual G&G graphics - ala this thread. But again, ideas are welcome!
IT7iTv8.png
@Lara8 @Cataclasm @Jussie I need some formatting help. The wip thread is linked in the post above But I need advice on how to sort the 'methods'. Should I sort them by guide or by trainer? So like the mock-up I've got in the hard section currently or should I list available trainers instead of methods? So instead of the Wip mock-up it looks more like: [rule] [center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/glimmer_and_gloom/button-level-hard.png[/img][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/icon_treasure_gone.png[/img] = Basics[color=transparent].....[/color] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] = Fast[color=transparent].....[/color] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/icon_treasure_dis.png[/img] = Fastest[/center] [center][size=5][u][b]Trainers:[/b][/u][/size][/center] [u][b]Cataclasm[/b][/u] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2497014/1#post_34604059][u]Paladingineer's Money Making Guide[/u] [/url][img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/icon_treasure_dis.png[/img] [u][b]Lara8[/b][/u] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115/1#post_34094312][u]Chatoyant's All Solutions Guide[/u][/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2519467/2#post_35150607][u]Simplified[/u][/url] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] [rule] Personally, I think I'm leaning more towards the trainer way of organizing then the guide way since it's a bit easier but I figured I'd ask! Get more eyes on the layout so I'm not driving myself into a wall or something
@Lara8 @Cataclasm @Jussie

I need some formatting help. The wip thread is linked in the post above

But I need advice on how to sort the 'methods'. Should I sort them by guide or by trainer?

So like the mock-up I've got in the hard section currently or should I list available trainers instead of methods?

So instead of the Wip mock-up it looks more like:

button-level-hard.png
icon_treasure_gone.png = Basics..... icon_treasure.png = Fast..... icon_treasure_dis.png = Fastest
Trainers:

Cataclasm
Paladingineer's Money Making Guide icon_treasure_dis.png

Lara8
Chatoyant's All Solutions Guide - Simplified icon_treasure.png

Personally, I think I'm leaning more towards the trainer way of organizing then the guide way since it's a bit easier but I figured I'd ask! Get more eyes on the layout so I'm not driving myself into a wall or something

IT7iTv8.png
[quote name="Cataclasm" date="2018-11-21 03:48:03" ] I swear by paladingineer's guide that has solutions for hard and very hard mode. [/quote] [quote name="AlphaSobek" date="2018-11-21 04:26:42" ] I actually use another one of Paladin's guides. Although it's no the hard mode they have, it was an older one with the same idea. Before I used that one though I used the very hard mode one that they talk about - So I can def see those two being big [/quote] Oh gosh ya'll talking about me. Honestly I'd be willing to teach people except that I'm lazy and that's why I wrote a guide. So I could just point to it instead of having to explain over and over lol. But if in the course of teaching people you find any weak points in my guide, let me know and I'll see about correcting them.
Cataclasm wrote on 2018-11-21 03:48:03:
I swear by paladingineer's guide that has solutions for hard and very hard mode.
AlphaSobek wrote on 2018-11-21 04:26:42:
I actually use another one of Paladin's guides. Although it's no the hard mode they have, it was an older one with the same idea. Before I used that one though I used the very hard mode one that they talk about - So I can def see those two being big

Oh gosh ya'll talking about me.

Honestly I'd be willing to teach people except that I'm lazy and that's why I wrote a guide. So I could just point to it instead of having to explain over and over lol. But if in the course of teaching people you find any weak points in my guide, let me know and I'll see about correcting them.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
@AlphaSobek

If nothing else, they should probably be sorted by mode; I personally prefer Hard because not having to refer back to a sheet makes it faster for me, but some swear by Hard Mode (or even Special and refreshing until you get the easy configuration) to get the most treasure per solve.
@AlphaSobek

If nothing else, they should probably be sorted by mode; I personally prefer Hard because not having to refer back to a sheet makes it faster for me, but some swear by Hard Mode (or even Special and refreshing until you get the easy configuration) to get the most treasure per solve.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
this is a super cool idea atcually
id imagine therell be a bit of trouble with timezones and work/school times and such. so having available times(based on fr time) for each trainer would be quite useful
this is a super cool idea atcually
id imagine therell be a bit of trouble with timezones and work/school times and such. so having available times(based on fr time) for each trainer would be quite useful
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
@alphasobek hey there, sorry i disappeared. i'm going through a rough patch emotionally so it's not easy for me to focus and maintain good enough social engagement at the moment. so i'm afraid i wont be much help with the thread itself, but my offer to teach still stands. again, i am really sorry for this :/ depressive episodes are very unpredictable.

@alphasobek hey there, sorry i disappeared. i'm going through a rough patch emotionally so it's not easy for me to focus and maintain good enough social engagement at the moment. so i'm afraid i wont be much help with the thread itself, but my offer to teach still stands. again, i am really sorry for this :/ depressive episodes are very unpredictable.

WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
@Cataclasm

Nah, don't worry about it friend, take yer time and do what you gotta.

I'll make what I can and if it needs to change along the way or get reorganized later then it can always be done.

I'll keep ye down as a teacher when I get back to editing but if anything changes just let me know! I certainly don't wanna aggravate things for ya.

@218715

I'm still working on the set up but i might include a video tutorial section for those that are adverse to trainers. If I do include that section in the thread then I'll see about including yours!

Also, I guess, if anyone else has video tutorials that they would like included I could always keep a list in this thread for whenever I actually get back to editing the main thread.
@Cataclasm

Nah, don't worry about it friend, take yer time and do what you gotta.

I'll make what I can and if it needs to change along the way or get reorganized later then it can always be done.

I'll keep ye down as a teacher when I get back to editing but if anything changes just let me know! I certainly don't wanna aggravate things for ya.

@218715

I'm still working on the set up but i might include a video tutorial section for those that are adverse to trainers. If I do include that section in the thread then I'll see about including yours!

Also, I guess, if anyone else has video tutorials that they would like included I could always keep a list in this thread for whenever I actually get back to editing the main thread.
IT7iTv8.png
i gave up trying to explain G&G to anyone anymore
i took like 5 hours explaining it to this one person and in the end they dont even play fr anymore

i dont like getting frustrated :| nobody does, but good luck to those who do care enough to teach others how to play
i gave up trying to explain G&G to anyone anymore
i took like 5 hours explaining it to this one person and in the end they dont even play fr anymore

i dont like getting frustrated :| nobody does, but good luck to those who do care enough to teach others how to play
anniversary_separator.png
@Lara8

I have them sorted by mode (easy, medium, hard, etc) but I'm more confused as to how to organize it in each mode.

Like should I organize by method, guide, trainers, etc. I've got the hard mode with a mock up in the WIP and another example in that post. But I'm not sure really how to organize who teaches what. (Edit: Changed the mock-up in the wip to the one posted earlier. It's easier then posting all of the different guides so we'll go with that one for now but if you've got any ideas let me know!)

Just list all the trainers for each mode without labeling what mode they're teaching or organize by what guides we're using, list trainers along with their preferred guides?

There's just so many different ways to play the game I'm unsure how to set up who teaches what beyond mode type
@Lara8

I have them sorted by mode (easy, medium, hard, etc) but I'm more confused as to how to organize it in each mode.

Like should I organize by method, guide, trainers, etc. I've got the hard mode with a mock up in the WIP and another example in that post. But I'm not sure really how to organize who teaches what. (Edit: Changed the mock-up in the wip to the one posted earlier. It's easier then posting all of the different guides so we'll go with that one for now but if you've got any ideas let me know!)

Just list all the trainers for each mode without labeling what mode they're teaching or organize by what guides we're using, list trainers along with their preferred guides?

There's just so many different ways to play the game I'm unsure how to set up who teaches what beyond mode type
IT7iTv8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6