Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How much would my art sell for?
1 2 3 4
$10 at least for the first three.
$10 at least for the first three.
Shattered Glass
|[skins]les chats'
|[$]art shop
|aesthetic™ busts
|100 eggs quest
@Grow
Hey bro! Your art is way too good to be going for 600g! That's only six dollars!

Your fully scenic painting (BG +s subject, etc.) could easily go for like $40-50 (4000-5000g), at least in my opinion.

The worst thing you can do as an artist is underprice your work. It makes it a lot tougher to draw when you're aware of how little you're making for all the time you put in.
You could check out my pricing if you wanna see how I price my artwork? It's a rather unused thread, but I do believe my prices are fair. <3 I have a link down in my forum sig.

Good luck on your light sprite journey!
@Grow
Hey bro! Your art is way too good to be going for 600g! That's only six dollars!

Your fully scenic painting (BG +s subject, etc.) could easily go for like $40-50 (4000-5000g), at least in my opinion.

The worst thing you can do as an artist is underprice your work. It makes it a lot tougher to draw when you're aware of how little you're making for all the time you put in.
You could check out my pricing if you wanna see how I price my artwork? It's a rather unused thread, but I do believe my prices are fair. <3 I have a link down in my forum sig.

Good luck on your light sprite journey!
Gh7Hkjd.png
Easily 2kg+ per piece. And that's very cheap for art of that caliber.
Easily 2kg+ per piece. And that's very cheap for art of that caliber.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@Oblivii

Ahh yes but when I price at such prices I don't get any sales.(Like on DA hey it's just $12!)

But I thought I could get some more publicity here to earn some $$ hahah:3

Thanks so much! I'm actually not working for a light sprite, but to have a light sprite's worth of cash.
@Oblivii

Ahh yes but when I price at such prices I don't get any sales.(Like on DA hey it's just $12!)

But I thought I could get some more publicity here to earn some $$ hahah:3

Thanks so much! I'm actually not working for a light sprite, but to have a light sprite's worth of cash.
I take about 4 hours on average, 8 hours for the larger ones.
Sometimes I just take 2 hours, depending how I'm feeling that day!
I take about 4 hours on average, 8 hours for the larger ones.
Sometimes I just take 2 hours, depending how I'm feeling that day!
@Grow

I understand that, happens to me too. But dA isn't really the best place to sell anyways, most people try not to spend money there. If looking for a nice selling platform, I would really recommend Amino!

I advertise my commissions there when they're open, and as high as my prices may be, I almost always find interest immediately.

The best advice I've received as a freelance artist is to never charge under minimum wage. If you're making money from your work, consider it a job.

Because for someone who works that long on each piece, please consider charging more! $12 for 4-8 hours of work is only about $3 or $1.50 an hour, well under minimum wage. :'c

Definitely only charge more if you're comfortable! I'd hate to push you into something like that. But I really really do recommend it, you deserve more <:
@Grow

I understand that, happens to me too. But dA isn't really the best place to sell anyways, most people try not to spend money there. If looking for a nice selling platform, I would really recommend Amino!

I advertise my commissions there when they're open, and as high as my prices may be, I almost always find interest immediately.

The best advice I've received as a freelance artist is to never charge under minimum wage. If you're making money from your work, consider it a job.

Because for someone who works that long on each piece, please consider charging more! $12 for 4-8 hours of work is only about $3 or $1.50 an hour, well under minimum wage. :'c

Definitely only charge more if you're comfortable! I'd hate to push you into something like that. But I really really do recommend it, you deserve more <:
Gh7Hkjd.png
@Oblivii
Ahh thank you:)
I may now consider $20.
@Oblivii
Ahh thank you:)
I may now consider $20.
OOOOH MORE TALENT

a lot
OOOOH MORE TALENT

a lot
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
@Oblivii
So...you're selling adopts for 2.50 each?
@Oblivii
So...you're selling adopts for 2.50 each?
@Grow

Yes, adopts are probably the one thing I don't follow my own advice for, if I'm honest. I want them to be available to most people, unlike my other art!

However, most of them only take maximum of 30-45 minutes, unless I need to draw apparel <':

I closed them recently though to focus on other art!
@Grow

Yes, adopts are probably the one thing I don't follow my own advice for, if I'm honest. I want them to be available to most people, unlike my other art!

However, most of them only take maximum of 30-45 minutes, unless I need to draw apparel <':

I closed them recently though to focus on other art!
Gh7Hkjd.png
1 2 3 4