Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your best saving tips
1 2 3 4 5
Establish your goal and throw everything in you vault.

Buy little things once in a while so you're not tempted to dump everything into something else and regret it later.

I also find it easier to have money goals. Especially with very expensive items.

When saving up for the Light Sprite, and even now saving up for a Gilded Crown, I strive to have a certain amount a gems by the end of the week/month. You get a steady income and you'll feel proud of yourself for meeting your goal of the week.

I always dump gems in the vault when I hit 1kg on hand. Or 500k for treasure. Clean numbers with lots of zeros seem easier to keep track of, in my opinion.
Establish your goal and throw everything in you vault.

Buy little things once in a while so you're not tempted to dump everything into something else and regret it later.

I also find it easier to have money goals. Especially with very expensive items.

When saving up for the Light Sprite, and even now saving up for a Gilded Crown, I strive to have a certain amount a gems by the end of the week/month. You get a steady income and you'll feel proud of yourself for meeting your goal of the week.

I always dump gems in the vault when I hit 1kg on hand. Or 500k for treasure. Clean numbers with lots of zeros seem easier to keep track of, in my opinion.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
Anything over 100kt or 100g goes in the vault. I can't take it out except for investment opportunities. I currently have 10.4mil and 8.4kg (but I also spent 3kg on a bad investment that might end up costing me a few 100g, so be careful).
Anything over 100kt or 100g goes in the vault. I can't take it out except for investment opportunities. I currently have 10.4mil and 8.4kg (but I also spent 3kg on a bad investment that might end up costing me a few 100g, so be careful).
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

honestly, i just really love having a goal in mind and then seeing my money go up while i also get closer to achieving said goal? it's so satisfying. i don't even need to use the vault tbh
honestly, i just really love having a goal in mind and then seeing my money go up while i also get closer to achieving said goal? it's so satisfying. i don't even need to use the vault tbh
..................................... MUYNhfy.png
dEe2UrM.png

5hF3FGk.png
7Y0SkWr.png Np4NxIR.png
HZSRMw5.png
nL26Ewd.png
[quote name="PopatoPips" date="2018-11-14 08:30:47" ] Develop an insane complex that you should never spend money so it takes all the fun out of the game [/quote] Tried and true! Works like a charm. [size=2][size=2]sobs
PopatoPips wrote on 2018-11-14 08:30:47:
Develop an insane complex that you should never spend money so it takes all the fun out of the game

Tried and true! Works like a charm.

sobs
Clan Lore
1. Use the vault.
2. Never buy anything ever.
1. Use the vault.
2. Never buy anything ever.
HawkefrostFR.gif
Store a certain amount of money (say, 10kt and 10 gems) in your vault every day. It adds up.
Store a certain amount of money (say, 10kt and 10 gems) in your vault every day. It adds up.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
avoid the AH at all costs. can't spend it if you don't see what's for sale ;)
avoid the AH at all costs. can't spend it if you don't see what's for sale ;)
bouncy_fire_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0vp.gif

Kelly • she/her
When I want to save for something, I just... don't buy anything. Anything at all.

It would be nice to have some new genes for my dragons, and some of that cool new apparel, and those sprites that have dropped so far in price. But I can't, I'm saving. So I don't.

My only exception is ongoing breeding projects. When saving up I continue to work on projects, even if it means buying a new project parent or renting a nest. (Technically people will let you rent for free, but I'd feel terrible if I didn't tip them at all.) Though when I'm saving up I put a limit even on that. No super expensive ultra rare color 200K parent dragon, not even if it's the only one on the AH ever, in that case the project will just have to wait.

@AtomicSamurai

Oof, that sounds rough.
It's funny how that sort of thing can affect even dragon game spending habits, isn't it? I remember at one really low point in my life, when I had lost the ability to enjoy anything, I nearly sold one of my dragons. My literally irreplaceable, high sentimental value, fully stoned level 25 coli dragon. But since I was unable to enjoy anything at that moment, I couldn't manage to feel anything for the dragon. The only reason I didn't sell was because I didn't have the mental energy to go look up L25 prices.
I still look back at that moment with mild horror.

@Dalinar
Hey, there's a good reason to break the bank! As cheesy as it sounds, gifting is such a good feeling. Especially with how many users have trouble saving up, haha. Sometimes you can make someone's day by gifting them a 7K item.

When I want to save for something, I just... don't buy anything. Anything at all.

It would be nice to have some new genes for my dragons, and some of that cool new apparel, and those sprites that have dropped so far in price. But I can't, I'm saving. So I don't.

My only exception is ongoing breeding projects. When saving up I continue to work on projects, even if it means buying a new project parent or renting a nest. (Technically people will let you rent for free, but I'd feel terrible if I didn't tip them at all.) Though when I'm saving up I put a limit even on that. No super expensive ultra rare color 200K parent dragon, not even if it's the only one on the AH ever, in that case the project will just have to wait.

@AtomicSamurai

Oof, that sounds rough.
It's funny how that sort of thing can affect even dragon game spending habits, isn't it? I remember at one really low point in my life, when I had lost the ability to enjoy anything, I nearly sold one of my dragons. My literally irreplaceable, high sentimental value, fully stoned level 25 coli dragon. But since I was unable to enjoy anything at that moment, I couldn't manage to feel anything for the dragon. The only reason I didn't sell was because I didn't have the mental energy to go look up L25 prices.
I still look back at that moment with mild horror.

@Dalinar
Hey, there's a good reason to break the bank! As cheesy as it sounds, gifting is such a good feeling. Especially with how many users have trouble saving up, haha. Sometimes you can make someone's day by gifting them a 7K item.

The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
I make lists about the things I want to buy, like my goals, projects, and lair space. Then I try to set goals on how much money i should earn in a week. When I get 10kt or 10g, I shove them in my vault because I have no self control whatsoever
I make lists about the things I want to buy, like my goals, projects, and lair space. Then I try to set goals on how much money i should earn in a week. When I get 10kt or 10g, I shove them in my vault because I have no self control whatsoever
Badge-1.png
[quote name="HeavyRoads" date="2018-11-14 07:19:41" ] Spend it all and act like it’s just in your vault [/quote]
HeavyRoads wrote on 2018-11-14 07:19:41:
Spend it all and act like it’s just in your vault
1 2 3 4 5