Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A huge old festival apparel flux...
I have no idea what's going on, one day the Metallurgists Forgetools were 8k (at least) gems on AH, and the Eroded Crystalhide were 800 gems (at least), now for some reason the Forgetools have dropped in value by 3k gems and the Eroded Crystalhide has exploded into 2.5k-3.5k gems.

Why must this happennn. I don't even want to buy the Crystalhide anymore because it's going to rise and fall like steady breathing ;_;
I have no idea what's going on, one day the Metallurgists Forgetools were 8k (at least) gems on AH, and the Eroded Crystalhide were 800 gems (at least), now for some reason the Forgetools have dropped in value by 3k gems and the Eroded Crystalhide has exploded into 2.5k-3.5k gems.

Why must this happennn. I don't even want to buy the Crystalhide anymore because it's going to rise and fall like steady breathing ;_;
Aww...maybe Roundsey? Some users still think that if/when Roundsey starts to give these things away, it will make the items drop in value. The same thing happened with KS fams, but those prices are balancing out now that we know for sure that the retired stuff Roundsey gives away won’t affect the market of retired items.

At least...that’s my guess. It’s most likely wrong.
Aww...maybe Roundsey? Some users still think that if/when Roundsey starts to give these things away, it will make the items drop in value. The same thing happened with KS fams, but those prices are balancing out now that we know for sure that the retired stuff Roundsey gives away won’t affect the market of retired items.

At least...that’s my guess. It’s most likely wrong.
swip.png - hi! i'm cassie.
- my pronouns are she/her.
- my timezone is fr+3.
Yeah they started dropping in price a long time ago, I remember 2 years ago I got mine for 6k and I checked at the beginning of this year and they were around 3
T was happening before Roundsey so I wouldn't say that!
Yeah they started dropping in price a long time ago, I remember 2 years ago I got mine for 6k and I checked at the beginning of this year and they were around 3
T was happening before Roundsey so I wouldn't say that!
5p1NDy8.png
cries[/s] still not enough for forgetools

One day maybe? One day.
cries[/s] still not enough for forgetools

One day maybe? One day.
2lhDoir.png..... .....WMCEgD8.pnguBQemcM.png
First year stuff has always fluxed rather severely.

Here’s a spreadsheet of retired items from back in 2015, (gem ratio was 550-650:1, ah how nice that’d be again).

Most notable to me was the armband prices, where they were almost all around 1kg each they’ve now dropped hard. So much so that i just picked up a half dozen or so at ~300g each.

A bit painful to remember buying something at a ‘steal’ of 1200g and now be buying one for a quarter of the price.

The thing is, stuff like the armbands don’t have a lot of value as apparel: if you want to show off Flight pride there’s a lot more noticeable ways of doing so. So they’re mostly just tokens for the collectors’ market. And the demand (which has always been somewhat low) took a significant hit when they announced that retired items are no longer hard limited.

So if you’re a collector with a dozen of these sitting in your vault accruing value and the market starts to dive, it makes sense to want to liquidate and get an assured value out while you can.

But a market flood preceding a perceived value loss due to Roundsey injecting more items on the market suppressed prices far more than what happens from Roundsey alone.

Economics is driven by supply and demand, and while the changes aren’t influencing either much, the emotions tied to it can have a far bigger impact.
First year stuff has always fluxed rather severely.

Here’s a spreadsheet of retired items from back in 2015, (gem ratio was 550-650:1, ah how nice that’d be again).

Most notable to me was the armband prices, where they were almost all around 1kg each they’ve now dropped hard. So much so that i just picked up a half dozen or so at ~300g each.

A bit painful to remember buying something at a ‘steal’ of 1200g and now be buying one for a quarter of the price.

The thing is, stuff like the armbands don’t have a lot of value as apparel: if you want to show off Flight pride there’s a lot more noticeable ways of doing so. So they’re mostly just tokens for the collectors’ market. And the demand (which has always been somewhat low) took a significant hit when they announced that retired items are no longer hard limited.

So if you’re a collector with a dozen of these sitting in your vault accruing value and the market starts to dive, it makes sense to want to liquidate and get an assured value out while you can.

But a market flood preceding a perceived value loss due to Roundsey injecting more items on the market suppressed prices far more than what happens from Roundsey alone.

Economics is driven by supply and demand, and while the changes aren’t influencing either much, the emotions tied to it can have a far bigger impact.
Wishlist collecting All the things!. Oh dear... Total quest on track!

Always looking for holiday toned UMAs.