Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Stereotypes
1 2 3 4 5 6
shadow is edgy when in reality we all are on mushrooms
shadow is edgy when in reality we all are on mushrooms
g2TOb2t.png

°howdy pardner
Arcane

1) Arcane ISN'T PINK - its closer to purple darn it people - PURPLE!

Ahem anyway where was I?

Yeah arcane dragon stereotypes

1) We cause more explosions than other flights - proven FACT! Lightning might have some booming thunder and Fire might have the odd volcano; but only arcane dragons sit at a desk mixing things until something goes boom!

2) We like shinythings! Another proven fact! That most of the shiny things get studied and taken apart and might explode (exploding shiny things are the best of things!).

3) We are not full of unicorns and glitter! That's anti-arcanist propaganda put about by the Pinkists*!

4) ** Arcane dragons can often end up rambling about specific details and facts and information and theories and stuff. This rambling might end up involving piecharts, bargraphs, spreadsheets and pies.

*I really really REALLY wanted to put Pinkertons in reference to the self same named group from America as a pun, but it wouldn't work here cause we have a dragon called Pinkerton and it might make me seem more daft than rambling!**
Arcane

1) Arcane ISN'T PINK - its closer to purple darn it people - PURPLE!

Ahem anyway where was I?

Yeah arcane dragon stereotypes

1) We cause more explosions than other flights - proven FACT! Lightning might have some booming thunder and Fire might have the odd volcano; but only arcane dragons sit at a desk mixing things until something goes boom!

2) We like shinythings! Another proven fact! That most of the shiny things get studied and taken apart and might explode (exploding shiny things are the best of things!).

3) We are not full of unicorns and glitter! That's anti-arcanist propaganda put about by the Pinkists*!

4) ** Arcane dragons can often end up rambling about specific details and facts and information and theories and stuff. This rambling might end up involving piecharts, bargraphs, spreadsheets and pies.

*I really really REALLY wanted to put Pinkertons in reference to the self same named group from America as a pun, but it wouldn't work here cause we have a dragon called Pinkerton and it might make me seem more daft than rambling!**
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
[quote name="Aruguu" date="2018-08-27 13:31:13" ] Light is full of greedy dom-pushers who put a bunch of silks and flowerfalls on everything. /s [/quote] yea u right im a greedy dom pusher saving up for flowerfalls and silks
Aruguu wrote on 2018-08-27 13:31:13:
Light is full of greedy dom-pushers who put a bunch of silks and flowerfalls on everything. /s

yea u right
im a greedy dom pusher saving up for flowerfalls and silks
[quote name="Cutiepaws" date="2018-08-27 12:33:35" ] my flight stereotypes: Plague is scary [/quote] Only 3 of my dragons fit the plague stereotypes I guess the stereotype of plague is that we all have those maroon/brown/black/green coloured dragons. Most of my lair is a colourful mess. Also that we're super competitive about dom, a lot of people are but a lot of us also don't mind! My stereotype about ice flight is that every single person there is just there for the eyes and has a very profitable hatchery because of it
Cutiepaws wrote on 2018-08-27 12:33:35:
my
flight
stereotypes:
Plague is scary

Only 3 of my dragons fit the plague stereotypes

I guess the stereotype of plague is that we all have those maroon/brown/black/green coloured dragons. Most of my lair is a colourful mess. Also that we're super competitive about dom, a lot of people are but a lot of us also don't mind!

My stereotype about ice flight is that every single person there is just there for the eyes and has a very profitable hatchery because of it
Heart.gif
plague is just med students and people who want to be med students
no
[quote name="Zhukov" date="2018-08-27 13:20:53" ] [quote name="Briton" date="2018-08-27 12:52:44" ] Shadow is ultra edgy. (Although I personally think that Shadow is just as sparkly unicorns as Arcane, just purple unicorns instead of pink. We should call each other cousin flights, seriously.) [/quote] [color=indigo] @Briton I love this idea. We are the dark sky, and Arcane is the stars that light it up. Arcane is also a little edgy (who knows what kind of eldritch magic y'all are cooking up over there) and Shadow is also a little silly (woo, pranks!) so we have lots in common. Arcane is definitely my second favourite flight. [/quote] @Zhukov It's funny that you mention us getting up to eldrich horror things as there's a thread in flight about what we'd like to see as Arcane's second breed if we get one. Eldrich horror dragons with tentacles did get mentioned. Now I'm going to have to change my OTP from SpadeDad x HotDad to SpaceDad x DroolMama because it's just way more perfect in every way.
Zhukov wrote on 2018-08-27 13:20:53:
Briton wrote on 2018-08-27 12:52:44:

Shadow is ultra edgy. (Although I personally think that Shadow is just as sparkly unicorns as Arcane, just purple unicorns instead of pink. We should call each other cousin flights, seriously.)

@Briton I love this idea. We are the dark sky, and Arcane is the stars that light it up. Arcane is also a little edgy (who knows what kind of eldritch magic y'all are cooking up over there) and Shadow is also a little silly (woo, pranks!) so we have lots in common. Arcane is definitely my second favourite flight.

@Zhukov It's funny that you mention us getting up to eldrich horror things as there's a thread in flight about what we'd like to see as Arcane's second breed if we get one. Eldrich horror dragons with tentacles did get mentioned.

Now I'm going to have to change my OTP from SpadeDad x HotDad to SpaceDad x DroolMama because it's just way more perfect in every way.
qDavPTk.png
Nature:
Laid-back hippies who want to see the cool bug/flower/etc you found! Also brutally aware and accepting of nature's merciless...uh...nature.
Nature:
Laid-back hippies who want to see the cool bug/flower/etc you found! Also brutally aware and accepting of nature's merciless...uh...nature.
earth has a bunch of nice old people
^can confirm

dirt
^can also confirm
earth has a bunch of nice old people
^can confirm

dirt
^can also confirm
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
Iceflight is full of puns and kinkyness.
Iceflight is full of puns and kinkyness.
Pressiboo #157888

8+ fr time
[quote name="nihilloligasan" date="2018-08-27 14:17:33" ] plague is just med students and people who want to be med students [/quote] This is true
nihilloligasan wrote on 2018-08-27 14:17:33:
This is true
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
1 2 3 4 5 6