Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | if you could redesign dragon poses
1 2 3 4 5
More dynamic male snappers. Change the angle of the chin. Still large but doesn't make them godawful anymore. Female snaps are my fav breed. I wish I could say the same about males. [img]https://i.imgur.com/WvSWlOs.png[/img]
More dynamic male snappers. Change the angle of the chin. Still large but doesn't make them godawful anymore. Female snaps are my fav breed. I wish I could say the same about males.

WvSWlOs.png
iK0jgh4.png
[s]all y'all complaining about the female imp pose can fight me[/s] I'd give the female tundra a more dynamic/lifelike pose and, well, a mane. I know the lack of mane is supposed to set them apart from males, but their naked buzzard necks look awful and their blank creepy expression doesn't help kjdhf. :'T Male pearlcatchers - fix the ginormous back wing and scrunched-up spine; maybe make them sitting in a similar way to a traditional foo dog: [img]https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/guardian-lion-foo-fu-dog-260nw-283250363.jpg[/img] Female faes - their current pose is pretty awkward with them being like 90% wing, and with the way their neck is twisted I find the details of their face usually get drowned out in how busy the area is- you've got neck, head, chest, and arm apparel all competing for space in an area 1/3rd the size of a single wing. A profile shot similar to the males would fix this.
all y'all complaining about the female imp pose can fight me

I'd give the female tundra a more dynamic/lifelike pose and, well, a mane. I know the lack of mane is supposed to set them apart from males, but their naked buzzard necks look awful and their blank creepy expression doesn't help kjdhf. :'T

Male pearlcatchers - fix the ginormous back wing and scrunched-up spine; maybe make them sitting in a similar way to a traditional foo dog:
guardian-lion-foo-fu-dog-260nw-283250363.jpg

Female faes - their current pose is pretty awkward with them being like 90% wing, and with the way their neck is twisted I find the details of their face usually get drowned out in how busy the area is- you've got neck, head, chest, and arm apparel all competing for space in an area 1/3rd the size of a single wing. A profile shot similar to the males would fix this.
[quote name="Sailoroid" date="2018-08-06 01:24:16" ] which pose(s) would you change and how would you improve them? personally... I would change the male skydancer pose to be on par with the female one. so something as graceful, like a ballet pose? [/quote] Basically this. I'm not wild about male Imperial poses either, but at least they look regal. Male Skydancers look like they're the reference sheet, not the finished project. It's why I have no male skydancers. Even when it would fit a character really well. I love the female skydancer pose. Just...wish the male pose was as good.
Sailoroid wrote on 2018-08-06 01:24:16:
which pose(s) would you change and how would you improve them?

personally... I would change the male skydancer pose to be on par with the female one. so something as graceful, like a ballet pose?

Basically this. I'm not wild about male Imperial poses either, but at least they look regal. Male Skydancers look like they're the reference sheet, not the finished project.

It's why I have no male skydancers. Even when it would fit a character really well. I love the female skydancer pose. Just...wish the male pose was as good.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
I would change the male mirror pose to be...more dynamic and interesting. I would also change the female Imperial so it isn't as confusing and hard to dress. Male Guardians could also use a more dynamic pose.

I personally like the male Skydancer pose as it is; it's basic, yes, but it looks good.
I would change the male mirror pose to be...more dynamic and interesting. I would also change the female Imperial so it isn't as confusing and hard to dress. Male Guardians could also use a more dynamic pose.

I personally like the male Skydancer pose as it is; it's basic, yes, but it looks good.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
i agree with p much everything everyone else is saying but also i kinda like the male pearlcatcher pose but i wish its left front leg was down and the right front leg up instead because im sure pearlcatchers balance great and maybe that pc is in the middle of a step or something but it looks like its gonna fall over i think i would change something about the female spiral pose so it isnt so similar to the male one? like maybe facing the other way or standing or something? it looks like its awkwardly floating but i dont really see spirals being able to hover that easily for some reason maybe the female wildclaw in a fiercer stance? i always imagine them with their tails up in the air kinda like a scorpion to give a more threatening look when they are preparing to attack or trying to intimidate [quote name="Meese" date="2018-08-06 10:41:03" ] More dynamic male snappers. Change the angle of the chin. Still large but doesn't make them godawful anymore. Female snaps are my fav breed. I wish I could say the same about males. [img]https://i.imgur.com/WvSWlOs.png[/img] [/quote] i really like this male snapper pose, they still have the big and clunky quality but they dont look all silly and goofy anymore and the chin looks so much better omg
i agree with p much everything everyone else is saying but also

i kinda like the male pearlcatcher pose but i wish its left front leg was down and the right front leg up instead because im sure pearlcatchers balance great and maybe that pc is in the middle of a step or something but it looks like its gonna fall over

i think i would change something about the female spiral pose so it isnt so similar to the male one? like maybe facing the other way or standing or something? it looks like its awkwardly floating but i dont really see spirals being able to hover that easily for some reason

maybe the female wildclaw in a fiercer stance? i always imagine them with their tails up in the air kinda like a scorpion to give a more threatening look when they are preparing to attack or trying to intimidate
Meese wrote on 2018-08-06 10:41:03:
More dynamic male snappers. Change the angle of the chin. Still large but doesn't make them godawful anymore. Female snaps are my fav breed. I wish I could say the same about males.

WvSWlOs.png
i really like this male snapper pose, they still have the big and clunky quality but they dont look all silly and goofy anymore and the chin looks so much better omg
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
Female imps. Pretty much any ithee pose would be better
Female imps. Pretty much any ithee pose would be better
OVI5Wp2.gif
[quote name="Meese" date="2018-08-06 10:41:03" ] More dynamic male snappers. Change the angle of the chin. Still large but doesn't make them godawful anymore. Female snaps are my fav breed. I wish I could say the same about males. [img]https://i.imgur.com/WvSWlOs.png[/img] [/quote] [color=#b71f14] This, I honestly love big clunky dragons and I want to love snappers but I can't becuase their pose is so awkward I was going to post a sketch I made as well but there's already a better one here so I'm not going to But yeah, theres a few issues with the angles on snipp snapps I also think I'd change the pose art for male ridgebacks, ignoring that I don't really like their nose they look like they're about to topple over [/color]
Meese wrote on 2018-08-06 10:41:03:

WvSWlOs.png

This,
I honestly love big clunky dragons and I want to love snappers but I can't becuase their pose is so awkward

I was going to post a sketch I made as well but there's already a better one here so I'm not going to
But yeah, theres a few issues with the angles on snipp snapps

I also think I'd change the pose art for male ridgebacks, ignoring that I don't really like their nose they look like they're about to topple over

IMG-7121.png

They/Them || || Digital Artist
FR+8/GMT
[quote name="sleeplessfaun" date="2018-08-06 02:32:21" ] I'd change female imp poses to look similar to the old Swiftwing art. Still flying, but facing forward more so they'd be easier to dress and not look so awkward. As for male Guardians, I'd just like to flip their images in the coli and make it so they're not stepping on their own tails. [/quote] I love female fae poses (and hate the males), but perhaps make the neck a little more obvious. Something like this maybe? http://prntscr.com/kfgm5r I would really adore this pose: SHows off that neck without making it look awkward and the pose feels natural. We also rarely ever see a folded wing!
sleeplessfaun wrote on 2018-08-06 02:32:21:
I'd change female imp poses to look similar to the old Swiftwing art. Still flying, but facing forward more so they'd be easier to dress and not look so awkward.

As for male Guardians, I'd just like to flip their images in the coli and make it so they're not stepping on their own tails.

I love female fae poses (and hate the males), but perhaps make the neck a little more obvious. Something like this maybe?
http://prntscr.com/kfgm5r

I would really adore this pose: SHows off that neck without making it look awkward and the pose feels natural. We also rarely ever see a folded wing!
2e8yyk_by_theelfdruid-dchl0pk.gift03oxll_by_theelfdruid-dchl10y.jpg2e8z55_by_theelfdruid-dchl0ph.gif
Male SD, female tundra, female WC
Male SD, female tundra, female WC
tumblr_ozc9mxtgb51udi2fqo2_r1_500.png

Art by draconoblade
Female Imps... They just look so bad now, anything would be better. I'd also like it if male noctournes looked more like females
Female Imps... They just look so bad now, anything would be better. I'd also like it if male noctournes looked more like females
95154e6f88761c97ae7010a4917ba626.gif
1 2 3 4 5