Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Clown: Why isn't it more popular?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[quote name="Rotring" date="2013-07-02 05:15:44" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=249571#249713"]Also, this is a very stupid question probably, but why is it called clown? It doesn't remind me of a clown at all, nor a clownfish.[/quote] I've wondered the same thing, it doesn't really seem to fit "clown." But maybe I'm missing something. Still, I think it's a nice looking gene, so good choice if you go with clown!
Also, this is a very stupid question probably, but why is it called clown?
It doesn't remind me of a clown at all, nor a clownfish.

I've wondered the same thing, it doesn't really seem to fit "clown." But maybe I'm missing something.

Still, I think it's a nice looking gene, so good choice if you go with clown!
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

Personally, I'm kind of 'meh' on clown, but it is pretty nice looking! I just don't like the stripes included with the spots, but I'd happily take it over iridescent as a primary. I really dislike iridescent.

And also the whole cheaper thing.
Personally, I'm kind of 'meh' on clown, but it is pretty nice looking! I just don't like the stripes included with the spots, but I'd happily take it over iridescent as a primary. I really dislike iridescent.

And also the whole cheaper thing.
tumblr_n7rzu5QTOk1tf36f3o1_400.png
Imo clown only really works well on certain colors. That spiral and legallytwisted's first Guardian look nice to me but the other two, not so much. It shows well on subtle colors, but on the more intense/dark ones it's just too busy. And it just looks weird to me on that male Tundra.

I've actually considered it as an option for my very plain random gen mate, but I think his color is just too dark for it to work well.
Imo clown only really works well on certain colors. That spiral and legallytwisted's first Guardian look nice to me but the other two, not so much. It shows well on subtle colors, but on the more intense/dark ones it's just too busy. And it just looks weird to me on that male Tundra.

I've actually considered it as an option for my very plain random gen mate, but I think his color is just too dark for it to work well.
Most genes work in the &#039;it depends on the color&#039; issue - like iridescent looks crap on monochromatic colors most times, but blues with iri? Amg <3

And ;u; the tundra was my favorite of my clown babies. Different strokes xD The female guardian is definitely my second fave though <3 The blue is a bit derp but it should look better on some of his babies.
Most genes work in the &#039;it depends on the color&#039; issue - like iridescent looks crap on monochromatic colors most times, but blues with iri? Amg <3

And ;u; the tundra was my favorite of my clown babies. Different strokes xD The female guardian is definitely my second fave though <3 The blue is a bit derp but it should look better on some of his babies.
ne9sr7tS_o.gif
I love clown >w<

I love clown >w<

It&#039;s just the way that it covers all of his back and is so intense and then it just kind of goes away and leaves the spots in the front. XD
It&#039;s just the way that it covers all of his back and is so intense and then it just kind of goes away and leaves the spots in the front. XD
I'm thinking about using clown on this guy: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58119] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/58119_350.png[/img] [/url] One, he's my favorite dragon. He's the first egg I found. Etc. Two, I think it looks amazing on steel male mirrors. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14994] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/14994_350.png[/img] [/url] (Hope you don't mine me posting your dragon, @Saiki.) But yeah, it's a lot cheaper to buy a baby than the gene, so I dunno. :(
I&#039;m thinking about using clown on this guy:

58119_350.png

One, he&#039;s my favorite dragon. He&#039;s the first egg I found. Etc.

Two, I think it looks amazing on steel male mirrors.

14994_350.png

(Hope you don&#039;t mine me posting your dragon, @Saiki.)

But yeah, it&#039;s a lot cheaper to buy a baby than the gene, so I dunno. :(
ice_rune_50x50.png
Lol A LOT cheaper to buy a baby than the gene...while everyone else has been buying breed changes I&#039;ve gened like...5 breeding pairs of starter breeds with both primary/secondary? And I regret nothing |D
Lol A LOT cheaper to buy a baby than the gene...while everyone else has been buying breed changes I&#039;ve gened like...5 breeding pairs of starter breeds with both primary/secondary? And I regret nothing |D
ne9sr7tS_o.gif
@legallytwisted Aaaah! these are the first guardian clowns I&#039;ve seen! They look great! I&#039;m considering power treasuring to get a Clown gene change for my Jesuret before the dominance runs out.
@legallytwisted Aaaah! these are the first guardian clowns I&#039;ve seen! They look great! I&#039;m considering power treasuring to get a Clown gene change for my Jesuret before the dominance runs out.
DeviantArt | Weasyl | Art Tumblr | Flight Rising Tumblr | DW | Toyhouse
@Armaina Ahahah really? Kemina, my first one, has had that gene for a little while now |D It certainly made her primary color a lot more exciting. I pretty much have every gene but tertiary ones spammed out on guardians |D Oh and freckle. Clown and tiger are my faves for them for sure though.
@Armaina Ahahah really? Kemina, my first one, has had that gene for a little while now |D It certainly made her primary color a lot more exciting. I pretty much have every gene but tertiary ones spammed out on guardians |D Oh and freckle. Clown and tiger are my faves for them for sure though.
ne9sr7tS_o.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15