Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | hiding multigaze and primal??
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I don't want FR to censor their art - I want a cheap scroll to be able to remove multigaze, facet, or primal in certain cases.
I don't want FR to censor their art - I want a cheap scroll to be able to remove multigaze, facet, or primal in certain cases.
[quote name="mamamouse" date="2018-06-13 09:42:27" ] I don't want FR to censor their art - I want a cheap scroll to be able to remove multigaze, facet, or primal in certain cases. [/quote] This is what is already being done, and I think anything else (a larger tag or block system for other users dragons) would be too much work for very little payoff, and it is not resonable to have a large petition or push for.
mamamouse wrote on 2018-06-13 09:42:27:
This is what is already being done, and I think anything else (a larger tag or block system for other users dragons) would be too much work for very little payoff, and it is not resonable to have a large petition or push for.
I hope you're having a great day•buy the pretty dragon
@Novoluvaga

I don't think calling people "snowflakes" is useful and really, it is quite rude. Whether trypophobia is considered "real" by the medical community is also a terrible point to try and make here. It is being studied and people who experience it are suffering. There is a whole host of mental illnesses or brain disorders which were not considered "real" by the medical community and are now in the DSM-5.

Trypophobia: The Fear Of Holes Driven By The Internet – And Mathematics
http://www.iflscience.com/brain/trypophobia-fear-holes-driven-internet-and-mathematics/

An exploration of trypophobia
http://repository.essex.ac.uk/16352/
@Novoluvaga

I don't think calling people "snowflakes" is useful and really, it is quite rude. Whether trypophobia is considered "real" by the medical community is also a terrible point to try and make here. It is being studied and people who experience it are suffering. There is a whole host of mental illnesses or brain disorders which were not considered "real" by the medical community and are now in the DSM-5.

Trypophobia: The Fear Of Holes Driven By The Internet – And Mathematics
http://www.iflscience.com/brain/trypophobia-fear-holes-driven-internet-and-mathematics/

An exploration of trypophobia
http://repository.essex.ac.uk/16352/
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
This thread isn't going anywhere and I'm not gonna bother with any more arguing but i am running a poll for science here so yeah
This thread isn't going anywhere and I'm not gonna bother with any more arguing but i am running a poll for science here so yeah
lightning_small.pngplague_small.png
| remember that there is metal in your blood and lightning in your heart |
| they/them | certified dweeb | +3 fr time |
I see a lot of people are mentioning toggles in this thread and I just thought I would add a comment stating that toggles are actually fairly difficult and time-consuming to code. It is unlikely that a toggle will be added due to this fact.

This being said, I agree that people should learn to manage their own phobias but it is extremely insensitive to call someone a "snowflake" due to something they have no control over. Respect is a necessary part of internet communication and you do not get your point across by insulting someone.

I believe that we should just wait to see what the admins come up with regarding this. They have already stated that an item will be put in place to revert to the common eyes. For now, anyone who suffers from phobias related to the new eyes should find a temporary way to avoid it and then express your concerns once the update goes more in depth.
I see a lot of people are mentioning toggles in this thread and I just thought I would add a comment stating that toggles are actually fairly difficult and time-consuming to code. It is unlikely that a toggle will be added due to this fact.

This being said, I agree that people should learn to manage their own phobias but it is extremely insensitive to call someone a "snowflake" due to something they have no control over. Respect is a necessary part of internet communication and you do not get your point across by insulting someone.

I believe that we should just wait to see what the admins come up with regarding this. They have already stated that an item will be put in place to revert to the common eyes. For now, anyone who suffers from phobias related to the new eyes should find a temporary way to avoid it and then express your concerns once the update goes more in depth.
Fen | They/them
[quote name="NatureDad" date="2018-06-13 11:26:49" ] I see a lot of people are mentioning toggles in this thread and I just thought I would add a comment stating that toggles are actually fairly difficult and time-consuming to code. It is unlikely that a toggle will be added due to this fact. [/quote] This. It’s not that I “want to hurt people” but, logisticly,...
NatureDad wrote on 2018-06-13 11:26:49:
This. It’s not that I “want to hurt people” but, logisticly,...
I hope you're having a great day•buy the pretty dragon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10