Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RIP Vials of Scattersight
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Since staff had no intentions of making scattersights a permanent addition, I think the best course of action would have been to extend their availability -- a week would have been sufficient, maybe two. Three days was far too short and stressful for people who most likely had other things to do with their weekends.

Even for those who didn't, spending that time engaging in repetitive grinding for a very slim chance at getting a particular set of eyes probably wasn't what they'd envisioned, but it was all the time they'd been given. That isn't the way the site's fifth anniversary should have been celebrated.
Since staff had no intentions of making scattersights a permanent addition, I think the best course of action would have been to extend their availability -- a week would have been sufficient, maybe two. Three days was far too short and stressful for people who most likely had other things to do with their weekends.

Even for those who didn't, spending that time engaging in repetitive grinding for a very slim chance at getting a particular set of eyes probably wasn't what they'd envisioned, but it was all the time they'd been given. That isn't the way the site's fifth anniversary should have been celebrated.
aSAtN3z.png xxx
Quit reading my signature, nerd.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/him

Previously Neuromancer

Wishlist
QUOTE:

" i hope they get replaced with normal vials once they retire, ones that act like gene scrolls and not scatterscrolls
it really seemed like a way to introduce the eye types rather than The Item to apply natural eye types, especially with how low the chances are for things like multigaze and primal eyes."

"Good idea, terrible execution."
QUOTE:

" i hope they get replaced with normal vials once they retire, ones that act like gene scrolls and not scatterscrolls
it really seemed like a way to introduce the eye types rather than The Item to apply natural eye types, especially with how low the chances are for things like multigaze and primal eyes."

"Good idea, terrible execution."
Never do this again, please. Better have no anniversary update other than a "cool it's been X years!" than whatever this was.

Good idea, terrible excecution, silence from staff was very bad - still is actually.
Never do this again, please. Better have no anniversary update other than a "cool it's been X years!" than whatever this was.

Good idea, terrible excecution, silence from staff was very bad - still is actually.
QYzhmAi.png
this could all be fixed by not having the scatters retire.
this could all be fixed by not having the scatters retire.
hoMNYDJ.png
only thought here is

f
only thought here is

f
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
No communication, no sign that the staff even listened to us.

They changed everyone's eye color without warning, made the only "fix" available for three days when not everyone would be able to grind, AND gave it a percentage rarity so people would get Uncommon multiple times, because it's a 50% chance to roll it, even if you already had them.

A playerbase of thousands was supposed to, in three days, get enough vials for not only their dragons, but EVERYONE'S dragons, forever. That's currently millions of dragons, and, eventually, that could number BILLIONS.

If they wound up NOT retiring the scattersights? That's great, everyone could get the dragons they wanted. But now?

No, this is the final straw. I'm literally quitting over this "event."

It's been fun. But this past weekened wasn't. Bye everyone.
No communication, no sign that the staff even listened to us.

They changed everyone's eye color without warning, made the only "fix" available for three days when not everyone would be able to grind, AND gave it a percentage rarity so people would get Uncommon multiple times, because it's a 50% chance to roll it, even if you already had them.

A playerbase of thousands was supposed to, in three days, get enough vials for not only their dragons, but EVERYONE'S dragons, forever. That's currently millions of dragons, and, eventually, that could number BILLIONS.

If they wound up NOT retiring the scattersights? That's great, everyone could get the dragons they wanted. But now?

No, this is the final straw. I'm literally quitting over this "event."

It's been fun. But this past weekened wasn't. Bye everyone.
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
My biggest frustration with the event is that I had to use my vials to try to restore my existing dragons to an eye colour closer to their original eyes.

With the original eyes changing, some of my dragons suffered and instead of using vials to get cool, new eyes, I had to use them to try to return my favourites to how they looked before (while still being off).

Now they’re retired and I still have dragons to fix but I don’t want to use all of them before they’re gone forever. I love the idea of different eyes but I wish the whole event hadn’t happened :/
My biggest frustration with the event is that I had to use my vials to try to restore my existing dragons to an eye colour closer to their original eyes.

With the original eyes changing, some of my dragons suffered and instead of using vials to get cool, new eyes, I had to use them to try to return my favourites to how they looked before (while still being off).

Now they’re retired and I still have dragons to fix but I don’t want to use all of them before they’re gone forever. I love the idea of different eyes but I wish the whole event hadn’t happened :/
liviussig_zpsyf7tnb2u.png
*deep breath*

The only thing I am truly, unmistakably upset about, is the staff's silence.

Communication has ALWAYS been a strong point of Flight rising, from the very beginning. I heard about kickstarter, then there was the start of it, the DAYS of downtime at the beginning, the delays on things... The staff has always communicated. Always. Even if it was a simple tweet or something like that, or something that wasn't entirely relevant to an event...

Now, I am biased. I strive myself to be kind always, to have a consistency of kindness in everything that I post. And Flight Rising has been consistently user friendly over the last five years, until this.

I am disappointed. I love this site. And obviously I always have. And I still do, despite this! The longer they wait to communicate, the longer we are left wondering, the longer the uncertainty rises...

My anxiety is notoriously off the charts, however. So we can just chalk it up to that. That's cool with me because I know that all I have to say is an opinion and it is not fact and I am okay if no one else agrees with me.

Thank you for letting us share our feelings, however... I know that getting this chance to speak up my final say on the matter has helped me incredulously. ♥

And on the off chance the staff does read this... Thank you for everything you do, even on the sidelines and behind the curtains. I know you put forth a lot of effort into this update and managing a website like Flight Rising; I can't begin to imagine the stress it puts on you on here and in real life. I simply ask you continue to communicate, to emulate the customer service that you have given in the past.
*deep breath*

The only thing I am truly, unmistakably upset about, is the staff's silence.

Communication has ALWAYS been a strong point of Flight rising, from the very beginning. I heard about kickstarter, then there was the start of it, the DAYS of downtime at the beginning, the delays on things... The staff has always communicated. Always. Even if it was a simple tweet or something like that, or something that wasn't entirely relevant to an event...

Now, I am biased. I strive myself to be kind always, to have a consistency of kindness in everything that I post. And Flight Rising has been consistently user friendly over the last five years, until this.

I am disappointed. I love this site. And obviously I always have. And I still do, despite this! The longer they wait to communicate, the longer we are left wondering, the longer the uncertainty rises...

My anxiety is notoriously off the charts, however. So we can just chalk it up to that. That's cool with me because I know that all I have to say is an opinion and it is not fact and I am okay if no one else agrees with me.

Thank you for letting us share our feelings, however... I know that getting this chance to speak up my final say on the matter has helped me incredulously. ♥

And on the off chance the staff does read this... Thank you for everything you do, even on the sidelines and behind the curtains. I know you put forth a lot of effort into this update and managing a website like Flight Rising; I can't begin to imagine the stress it puts on you on here and in real life. I simply ask you continue to communicate, to emulate the customer service that you have given in the past.
o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
Staff ignored us, completely. It's almost like they don't care anymore. I don't want to spend any more money on gems from now on.
Staff ignored us, completely. It's almost like they don't care anymore. I don't want to spend any more money on gems from now on.
tumblr_ozc9mxtgb51udi2fqo2_r1_500.png

Art by draconoblade
[quote name="Ashrahn" date="2018-06-10 21:11:45" ] Good idea, terrible execution. [/quote] As someone who attempted to roll [i]Rare eyes[/i] on a dragon and got nothing but [i]Unusual[/i] on him, this. This in [b]spades.[/b]
Ashrahn wrote on 2018-06-10 21:11:45:
Good idea, terrible execution.

As someone who attempted to roll Rare eyes on a dragon and got nothing but Unusual on him, this. This in spades.
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11