Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eyes: To Clear Things Up
1 2 3 4
thank you for this. it's nice to see all the eye types/colors in one place.
while i personally am not bothered by the common eye change, i realize that for a lot of people it can change the way a dragon looks drastically.
thank you for this. it's nice to see all the eye types/colors in one place.
while i personally am not bothered by the common eye change, i realize that for a lot of people it can change the way a dragon looks drastically.
Tarnished Cerdae Necklace she/they
fr+1
@Lykos
part of me is tempted but i could never bring myself to sell them, i'll have to hoard them in case i have future dragons that just neeeed certain eyes.
@Lykos
part of me is tempted but i could never bring myself to sell them, i'll have to hoard them in case i have future dragons that just neeeed certain eyes.
VWPWMZp.png
Thank you so much for clarifying! I honestly love light's new colors way better than the old ones.
Thank you so much for clarifying! I honestly love light's new colors way better than the old ones.
WRodlih.png
Fall only comes once a year,
So make it count.
After all, what's to lose
Other than the leaves?
@multiplicity

I've never cared terribly much about eyes so, while it is a definite want, I can settle for the glowing eyes where I want actual eye change. Eyes aren't as big to me as colour and genes. Good colours? I'll take it. Good eyes? Meh, I can do without anything spectacular.
@multiplicity

I've never cared terribly much about eyes so, while it is a definite want, I can settle for the glowing eyes where I want actual eye change. Eyes aren't as big to me as colour and genes. Good colours? I'll take it. Good eyes? Meh, I can do without anything spectacular.
@Lykos
that makes sense. i don't like to dress my dragons though, so having that little extra customisation in the eyes is really cool for me.
@Lykos
that makes sense. i don't like to dress my dragons though, so having that little extra customisation in the eyes is really cool for me.
VWPWMZp.png
@multiplicity

That's understandable. I love making outfits for my completed projects, so I can deal without the eyes.
@multiplicity

That's understandable. I love making outfits for my completed projects, so I can deal without the eyes.
I didn't even notice the original eyes changed cause they're so small on adults. Thank you for this comparison!
I didn't even notice the original eyes changed cause they're so small on adults. Thank you for this comparison!
thanks for this! more eyes got affected than i figured, eeesh. the colors actually weren't standard across all breeds previously (some were more subtle differences than others, hardly noticeable, but still there), but i'm not sure if that's changed with the new set or not.

while i'm happy about the new eye styles, personally i'm bummed about the changes to the "originals" since one of my favorite dragons was affected. his eyes used to be pure white with a sharp pupil, but now they're all cloudy (even darker than previous typical Ice eyes) and there's no way to reverse it unless i want to go Multi-Gaze (which clashes with the rest of the eyes, incidentally) or pupil-less Primal/Glowing, which... no. none of them fit him at all. :/ the reversal of light and dark for Plague eyes is also a bother, it just looks so weird now. it really seems like that one in particular has to be an error, because none of the other flights have that same sort of reversed gradient.
thanks for this! more eyes got affected than i figured, eeesh. the colors actually weren't standard across all breeds previously (some were more subtle differences than others, hardly noticeable, but still there), but i'm not sure if that's changed with the new set or not.

while i'm happy about the new eye styles, personally i'm bummed about the changes to the "originals" since one of my favorite dragons was affected. his eyes used to be pure white with a sharp pupil, but now they're all cloudy (even darker than previous typical Ice eyes) and there's no way to reverse it unless i want to go Multi-Gaze (which clashes with the rest of the eyes, incidentally) or pupil-less Primal/Glowing, which... no. none of them fit him at all. :/ the reversal of light and dark for Plague eyes is also a bother, it just looks so weird now. it really seems like that one in particular has to be an error, because none of the other flights have that same sort of reversed gradient.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
Thank you for making this. My eyes are horrible and I couldn’t see the difference people were mentioning (except with ones really drastically different like Shadow). Personally I think the new colors are fine and it’ll take some getting used to but its definitely kinda annoying that the base colors changed without much warning. I felt the same when Maize was changed back with the color wheel expansion and my beautiful Maize crackle boy hasn’t looked the same since. He’s still one of my favs but it kinda stings a little to see how beautiful he used to be versus how he looks now.

I don’t expect the eye colors to ever go back but here’s to hoping they keep the scatterscrolls in some way or another.
Thank you for making this. My eyes are horrible and I couldn’t see the difference people were mentioning (except with ones really drastically different like Shadow). Personally I think the new colors are fine and it’ll take some getting used to but its definitely kinda annoying that the base colors changed without much warning. I felt the same when Maize was changed back with the color wheel expansion and my beautiful Maize crackle boy hasn’t looked the same since. He’s still one of my favs but it kinda stings a little to see how beautiful he used to be versus how he looks now.

I don’t expect the eye colors to ever go back but here’s to hoping they keep the scatterscrolls in some way or another.
FFNapYi.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.gifFFNapYi.png
I think it depends on the dragon breed and whether you're using the hatchling or adult art.

Shadow eyes on adult Coatl have definitely got darker (very noticeable on the males).
Light eyes have become darker slightly on female coatl and wind eyes darker on the males.

A lot of this is down to male coatl now having more of a pupil effect but it goes to show the overall effect of the changes can't be summed up by swatches alone.
I think it depends on the dragon breed and whether you're using the hatchling or adult art.

Shadow eyes on adult Coatl have definitely got darker (very noticeable on the males).
Light eyes have become darker slightly on female coatl and wind eyes darker on the males.

A lot of this is down to male coatl now having more of a pupil effect but it goes to show the overall effect of the changes can't be summed up by swatches alone.
1 2 3 4