Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | exalting [necro, please don't post!]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16
I'm an exalting lair mainly because I don't like how cluttered lairs can get. I always constantly preen my dragons and such, so if i buy an expensive dragon but decide I no longer want it... I just exalt it... >> Much easier than going through the process of reselling imo.
I'm an exalting lair mainly because I don't like how cluttered lairs can get. I always constantly preen my dragons and such, so if i buy an expensive dragon but decide I no longer want it... I just exalt it... >> Much easier than going through the process of reselling imo.
cg9IgXW.png ......
the name's sage! | i promise i'm not scary
25 • he / him • neutral good
*Throws glitter*
M o n e y i s b e a u t y m y d e a r
*Throws glitter*
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
[quote name="@Monkorpio" date="2018-05-01 16:41:48" ] I always get disappointed when I auction off the hatchling of two of my favorite dergs because it doesn't quite fit my style, and it ends up in an exalting lair. I want the babs I don't have room for to end up being someone else's fancy, and not just sitting on an exaltation pillar for all of eternity. [/quote] Believe me, I understand wanting that. Having a dragon you bred become someone's perma is wonderful - first, it's hard not to be a little sentimental about hoping 'your' babies get good homes; and second, it's an ego boost when someone else likes a hatchling you're proud of. But given the reality of limited lairspace and everyone having their own particular tastes, I find it's better to get in the headspace of [b]not[/b] expecting to sell perma-dragons - that way, when it does happen, it's a happy surprise, and you're not disappointed the rest of the time. Others in this thread have gone into the profit and dom benefits of exalting, and yes - this site really doesn't offer any more efficient way to afford being able to keep and spoil the dragons that [b]you[/b] want.
@Monkorpio wrote on 2018-05-01 16:41:48:
I always get disappointed when I auction off the hatchling of two of my favorite dergs because it doesn't quite fit my style, and it ends up in an exalting lair. I want the babs I don't have room for to end up being someone else's fancy, and not just sitting on an exaltation pillar for all of eternity.

Believe me, I understand wanting that. Having a dragon you bred become someone's perma is wonderful - first, it's hard not to be a little sentimental about hoping 'your' babies get good homes; and second, it's an ego boost when someone else likes a hatchling you're proud of.

But given the reality of limited lairspace and everyone having their own particular tastes, I find it's better to get in the headspace of not expecting to sell perma-dragons - that way, when it does happen, it's a happy surprise, and you're not disappointed the rest of the time.

Others in this thread have gone into the profit and dom benefits of exalting, and yes - this site really doesn't offer any more efficient way to afford being able to keep and spoil the dragons that you want.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
when i first started i didnt really understand the thrall of exalting, but expected that to happen to any hatchies i sold so i always sold 'em for cheap cash so i could get at least something.

Now however, i've recently gotten into the training and exalting business myself and oh jeez ive never felt richer! sure, im still probably in the peasant lv of treasure but its more than i've ever had at once~
can almost afford an eliminate soon
when i first started i didnt really understand the thrall of exalting, but expected that to happen to any hatchies i sold so i always sold 'em for cheap cash so i could get at least something.

Now however, i've recently gotten into the training and exalting business myself and oh jeez ive never felt richer! sure, im still probably in the peasant lv of treasure but its more than i've ever had at once~
can almost afford an eliminate soon
WhatIsAMan.gif
[quote name="Cruelty" date="2018-05-01 19:49:08" ] *Throws glitter* . M o n e y i s b e a u t y m y d e a r [/quote] Pretty much this. Also memes, dom, and simply clearing up space. I used to be against exalting myself, but now I don't really mind. My mindset is still "all dragons are beautiful", but I don't mind sending them off to serve.
Cruelty wrote on 2018-05-01 19:49:08:
*Throws glitter*
Pretty much this. Also memes, dom, and simply clearing up space.

I used to be against exalting myself, but now I don't really mind. My mindset is still "all dragons are beautiful", but I don't mind sending them off to serve.
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
hella cash
hella cash
visit my favorites!

Leszyslz // Junkpile // Wolfsbane // Ruckus // Rowan

she/her. hoards tarantulas and rabbits in-game! ask me about anything dinosaur, cow, or rabbit related :)
I love the money that I get off of exalting. I also love the feeling of clearing out a lair after I've been hoarding exalt fodder for a good conquest push to turn a profit.

Also, I like having a small lair. It allows me to spend more time on each individual dragon, which helps to make them feel a little more special to me. I can devote more resources to skins, leveling, and apparel.
I love the money that I get off of exalting. I also love the feeling of clearing out a lair after I've been hoarding exalt fodder for a good conquest push to turn a profit.

Also, I like having a small lair. It allows me to spend more time on each individual dragon, which helps to make them feel a little more special to me. I can devote more resources to skins, leveling, and apparel.
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
Because it's by far the fastest and most efficient way to make money. There are other ways, sure, but why wouldn't you exalt?

This always comes up and its always silly. Don't breed or sell if you don't want them to be exalted. Because I guarantee you, no matter what you price it, unless its an old (6 digits or less) dragon or a triple Gen1 or some special ID, it will eventually be exalted, and sometimes even then.

And for the record, I made about 8 mil wavecrest push, and that was when prices were high. 9-10k per dragon. Granted, I was in the coli most of the time I wasn't at work, but hey. I could have gone harder, but Camp Nano.
Because it's by far the fastest and most efficient way to make money. There are other ways, sure, but why wouldn't you exalt?

This always comes up and its always silly. Don't breed or sell if you don't want them to be exalted. Because I guarantee you, no matter what you price it, unless its an old (6 digits or less) dragon or a triple Gen1 or some special ID, it will eventually be exalted, and sometimes even then.

And for the record, I made about 8 mil wavecrest push, and that was when prices were high. 9-10k per dragon. Granted, I was in the coli most of the time I wasn't at work, but hey. I could have gone harder, but Camp Nano.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
[quote name="Foxwolf273" date="2018-05-01 18:40:29" ] (...) once belonged to someone else.(...) [/quote] And they were stacked like objects in a crowded lair, often starving to death, and later abandoned to their luck. (sad but true, that's what overpopulation does to people who doesn't coli and/or exalt) But they found a new lair, which offers far better conditions to live, also offers food, training and education, and the possibility to stay or go to do exaltation services for the gods. Of course most dragons choose to get cuddled by our beloved gods, rarely some will stay knowing that lair crowding is a reality. Always they'll finally Raise their Flight, and go to be honored as exalted ones, serving the gods. I feel more pity for the dragons which will never be called by the gods, those which we keep by our sole selfishness. Exaltation is the greatest Honor, and we take it off from our most beloved dragons... Like the story of the elder 5digits which only wanted to serve its god, and trained and studied its entire life to be worth of receiving the call of its god. But that elder's dreams would never come true, it would never be exalted. And has to see how younger and less prepared dragons are sent instead... (I love to write stories about exaltation x'D)
Foxwolf273 wrote on 2018-05-01 18:40:29:
(...) once belonged to someone else.(...)

And they were stacked like objects in a crowded lair, often starving to death, and later abandoned to their luck. (sad but true, that's what overpopulation does to people who doesn't coli and/or exalt)

But they found a new lair, which offers far better conditions to live, also offers food, training and education, and the possibility to stay or go to do exaltation services for the gods. Of course most dragons choose to get cuddled by our beloved gods, rarely some will stay knowing that lair crowding is a reality. Always they'll finally Raise their Flight, and go to be honored as exalted ones, serving the gods.

I feel more pity for the dragons which will never be called by the gods, those which we keep by our sole selfishness. Exaltation is the greatest Honor, and we take it off from our most beloved dragons...

Like the story of the elder 5digits which only wanted to serve its god, and trained and studied its entire life to be worth of receiving the call of its god. But that elder's dreams would never come true, it would never be exalted. And has to see how younger and less prepared dragons are sent instead...
(I love to write stories about exaltation x'D)

lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

Every time this comes up I question what the one complaining/asking would do if we really all had "no exalting" lairs. I mean they would drown in unwanted dragons and the "pushing onto new players" would be even more agressive than it is right now.
Every time this comes up I question what the one complaining/asking would do if we really all had "no exalting" lairs. I mean they would drown in unwanted dragons and the "pushing onto new players" would be even more agressive than it is right now.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16