Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Buddies Main Hub V1.0
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[quote name="@Nomo2001" date="2018-04-02 11:54:17" ] @/catgame21234 I made a thing: [img]https://i.imgur.com/FjotYAY.gif[/img] [/quote] … … … … … I want you to understand that I had this music playing when I was looking at this [s]monstrosity[/s] perfect little creation. [url]https://youtu.be/wbgInLJ81eY?t=115[/url] >stares at it longer …oh my god the version counter. I love it I'll put it on the front page. [size=1]God i feel like I'm back useing my windows XP looking at that thing[/size]
@Nomo2001 wrote on 2018-04-02 11:54:17:
@/catgame21234 I made a thing:
FjotYAY.gif

I want you to understand that I had this music playing when I was looking at this monstrosity perfect little creation.

https://youtu.be/wbgInLJ81eY?t=115

>stares at it longer

…oh my god the version counter. I love it I'll put it on the front page.

God i feel like I'm back useing my windows XP looking at that thing
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!)

Please remove this ping list so that you don't ping +100 users. my internet keeps me from editing posts fast enough and properly
@ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @PoorLifeChoices, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @ColoradoBlues @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @Katsuokai @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @Kristan @Inkapede @KitApparently @girlgirlDragon @JonTargaryen @CassieRose @Chimaerix @Comic1Sans @CrazyRedFire @QuetzalQueen @FlamingSwallow @ookamisoulreaper @HyperionForge @Starglade @Galaxiel @biochemist @P4810 @CrAZDragon @Skyfire7 @AnacondaMiracle @Kerriganne @Cumulus @Aaliyahgemini664
@Smirch @Nomo2001 @RecursionErr0r @Scorporius @Kapara @GuidanceOfficer @Espeon5712 @Druddigon @Thace @MrFrenchFrybrows @RicochetRomance @FluffyTundras @CloverGaming @argylion @starryfruit @Eiira @NovaAurora @dinosaur42 @TimeStandStill @browncoatparadox @TropicalDiamonds @Cytus @RattleSnakes @SariStar @Kirrandria @clw23 @Hinumi @ThornOfStorm130 @FireStarter007 @SnoringHyena @mnkn10 @Dragonartist24 @Mikann @Namira @Nomo2001 @Cringeworthi @Drakenhart @PastCat @ArtsyDragon7 @Mediumdee @Stanari
@MidnightWatcher @Xalkile @SilverCentaur @Hashira @Temporaryreality @dragonhorselover @IronPen @Dreamcoyote @gbot13 @GrumpyCatlover
@Sassibirb @AlphaP456 @Araucaria @Bufftuffandfluff
@Kamme @TheGodOfStories @Gravebloom @nebulavery @Drakzaen @TheClassCalico @SalmonnFishie @Lunakitty @Jeevas

*fan art gallery / banners / buttons has been added
Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!)

Please remove this ping list so that you don't ping +100 users. my internet keeps me from editing posts fast enough and properly
@ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @PoorLifeChoices, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @ColoradoBlues @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @Katsuokai @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @Kristan @Inkapede @KitApparently @girlgirlDragon @JonTargaryen @CassieRose @Chimaerix @Comic1Sans @CrazyRedFire @QuetzalQueen @FlamingSwallow @ookamisoulreaper @HyperionForge @Starglade @Galaxiel @biochemist @P4810 @CrAZDragon @Skyfire7 @AnacondaMiracle @Kerriganne @Cumulus @Aaliyahgemini664
@Smirch @Nomo2001 @RecursionErr0r @Scorporius @Kapara @GuidanceOfficer @Espeon5712 @Druddigon @Thace @MrFrenchFrybrows @RicochetRomance @FluffyTundras @CloverGaming @argylion @starryfruit @Eiira @NovaAurora @dinosaur42 @TimeStandStill @browncoatparadox @TropicalDiamonds @Cytus @RattleSnakes @SariStar @Kirrandria @clw23 @Hinumi @ThornOfStorm130 @FireStarter007 @SnoringHyena @mnkn10 @Dragonartist24 @Mikann @Namira @Nomo2001 @Cringeworthi @Drakenhart @PastCat @ArtsyDragon7 @Mediumdee @Stanari
@MidnightWatcher @Xalkile @SilverCentaur @Hashira @Temporaryreality @dragonhorselover @IronPen @Dreamcoyote @gbot13 @GrumpyCatlover
@Sassibirb @AlphaP456 @Araucaria @Bufftuffandfluff
@Kamme @TheGodOfStories @Gravebloom @nebulavery @Drakzaen @TheClassCalico @SalmonnFishie @Lunakitty @Jeevas

*fan art gallery / banners / buttons has been added
@catgame21234
Hmmm, suggestions for categories. Maybe an 'everything' or like a general one, a 'jokes' or a less serious one for goofy stuff like the god jokes, a 'personal' one for individual dragons' or clans' lore, a 'world' lore for stuff like the elements expansion lore, and then a 'science' one for more numbers crunching lore?

I'm just sort of thinking out loud here, so feel free to use as much/ as little as you want. Just trying to think of ways to keep things organized
@catgame21234
Hmmm, suggestions for categories. Maybe an 'everything' or like a general one, a 'jokes' or a less serious one for goofy stuff like the god jokes, a 'personal' one for individual dragons' or clans' lore, a 'world' lore for stuff like the elements expansion lore, and then a 'science' one for more numbers crunching lore?

I'm just sort of thinking out loud here, so feel free to use as much/ as little as you want. Just trying to think of ways to keep things organized
G02aXYy.png
[quote name="@Sabriel415" date="2018-04-02 15:52:29" ] @/catgame21234 Hmmm, suggestions for categories. Maybe an 'everything' or like a [u]general one[/u], a '[u]jokes[/u]' or a less serious one for goofy stuff like the god jokes, a '[u]personal[/u]' one for individual dragons' or clans' lore, a '[u]world[/u]' lore for stuff like the elements expansion lore, and then a '[u]science[/u]' one for more numbers crunching lore? I'm just sort of thinking out loud here, so feel free to use as much/ as little as you want. Just trying to think of ways to keep things organized [/quote] But what if i run into the situation where I want to ping a post to someone calculating how many Bogsneaks it'd take to kill Stormcatcher because the OP had lore that said they wanted to make an army so they wanted to get an X amount of alliance clans and just did the math to prove just how many friends they needed and this was all motivated because of what Stormcatcher said in the thread Voices and they didn't like that he was siding with "the bad guys"? Because a situation [i]like this[/i] did happen. The differences in the ping lists are all subjective and I don't like that. I don't know when things are classified as "black" and "white". It's all grey to me, And i'd like some more help please to understand your view point.
@Sabriel415 wrote on 2018-04-02 15:52:29:
@/catgame21234

But what if i run into the situation where I want to ping a post to someone calculating how many Bogsneaks it'd take to kill Stormcatcher because the OP had lore that said they wanted to make an army so they wanted to get an X amount of alliance clans and just did the math to prove just how many friends they needed and this was all motivated because of what Stormcatcher said in the thread Voices and they didn't like that he was siding with "the bad guys"?

Because a situation like this did happen.

The differences in the ping lists are all subjective and I don't like that. I don't know when things are classified as "black" and "white". It's all grey to me, And i'd like some more help please to understand your view point.
In an instance like that, you just ping all the applicable ping lists. So in the situation you outlined, you would ping the general list, since they get everything, and then the numbers people, since that's a math question and you used a bunch of serious data points to answer it. You could ping the joke people if you wanted since the premise is kinda goofy, but I remember that post and it was pretty serious, so I don't think I would have. That's where the grey comes in: if the focus is primarily goofy or joking, then ping. If the focus is more serious, then don't ping that particular subset.

The beauty of self-assignable pings is that it allows people to decide how much they get pinged and what they get pinged for. For example, let's say you chose to go with this idea and a user signed up for a bunch of categories. If you ended up tagging things in a different way than what they were expecting (say, they thought that world would be stuff like "what is sornieth's core made of" when that would technically fall under numbers) they could just take that category off and it wouldn't be an issue. They get reduced pings, you don't have to worry about definitions. You just decide your own definitions and everybody else works around it. So I suppose the grey is all on your end? As long as you're consistent about your definitions, it should work fine I think.

Does that make more sense?
In an instance like that, you just ping all the applicable ping lists. So in the situation you outlined, you would ping the general list, since they get everything, and then the numbers people, since that's a math question and you used a bunch of serious data points to answer it. You could ping the joke people if you wanted since the premise is kinda goofy, but I remember that post and it was pretty serious, so I don't think I would have. That's where the grey comes in: if the focus is primarily goofy or joking, then ping. If the focus is more serious, then don't ping that particular subset.

The beauty of self-assignable pings is that it allows people to decide how much they get pinged and what they get pinged for. For example, let's say you chose to go with this idea and a user signed up for a bunch of categories. If you ended up tagging things in a different way than what they were expecting (say, they thought that world would be stuff like "what is sornieth's core made of" when that would technically fall under numbers) they could just take that category off and it wouldn't be an issue. They get reduced pings, you don't have to worry about definitions. You just decide your own definitions and everybody else works around it. So I suppose the grey is all on your end? As long as you're consistent about your definitions, it should work fine I think.

Does that make more sense?
G02aXYy.png
@Sabriel415

yes it does

but…
dealing with people whom are hopping back and forth between ping lists is agervating to say the least. There has't to be like a black and white in this somewhere which I can divide things up.

We have atlest 1 black area right now
The general

…and we technically have another white
the BotE which has two members
but that's a temp thing and its rare to get such a topic as that.

if there was just…one other sub category it would all file away quite neatly.
One other group that was really black and white.
I can't think of "that one" though.

@Sabriel415

yes it does

but…
dealing with people whom are hopping back and forth between ping lists is agervating to say the least. There has't to be like a black and white in this somewhere which I can divide things up.

We have atlest 1 black area right now
The general

…and we technically have another white
the BotE which has two members
but that's a temp thing and its rare to get such a topic as that.

if there was just…one other sub category it would all file away quite neatly.
One other group that was really black and white.
I can't think of "that one" though.

@catgame21234
Can you please remove me from the pinglist?
@catgame21234
Can you please remove me from the pinglist?
dlJsEIj.png

@Smirch @Nomo2001 @RecursionErr0r @Scorporius @Kapara @GuidanceOfficer @Espeon5712 @Druddigon @Thace @MrFrenchFrybrows @RicochetRomance @FluffyTundras @CloverGaming @argylion @starryfruit @Eiira @NovaAurora @dinosaur42 @TimeStandStill @browncoatparadox @TropicalDiamonds @Cytus @RattleSnakes @SariStar @Kirrandria @clw23 @Hinumi @ThornOfStorm130 @FireStarter007 @SnoringHyena @mnkn10 @Dragonartist24 @Mikann @Namira @Nomo2001 @Drakenhart @PastCat @ArtsyDragon7 @Mediumdee @Stanari @CosmicTrash @W1F1N1GHTM4R3
@MidnightWatcher @SilverCentaur @Hashira @Temporaryreality @dragonhorselover @IronPen @Dreamcoyote @gbot13 @GrumpyCatlover
@Sassibirb @AlphaP456 @Araucaria @Bufftuffandfluff @Ketzexi
@Kamme @TheGodOfStories @Gravebloom @nebulavery @Drakzaen @TheClassCalico @SalmonnFishie @Lunakitty @Jeevas @rluie
@Sparkbreeze @aly922 @buggy101

First post has been updated.

@Smirch @Nomo2001 @RecursionErr0r @Scorporius @Kapara @GuidanceOfficer @Espeon5712 @Druddigon @Thace @MrFrenchFrybrows @RicochetRomance @FluffyTundras @CloverGaming @argylion @starryfruit @Eiira @NovaAurora @dinosaur42 @TimeStandStill @browncoatparadox @TropicalDiamonds @Cytus @RattleSnakes @SariStar @Kirrandria @clw23 @Hinumi @ThornOfStorm130 @FireStarter007 @SnoringHyena @mnkn10 @Dragonartist24 @Mikann @Namira @Nomo2001 @Drakenhart @PastCat @ArtsyDragon7 @Mediumdee @Stanari @CosmicTrash @W1F1N1GHTM4R3
@MidnightWatcher @SilverCentaur @Hashira @Temporaryreality @dragonhorselover @IronPen @Dreamcoyote @gbot13 @GrumpyCatlover
@Sassibirb @AlphaP456 @Araucaria @Bufftuffandfluff @Ketzexi
@Kamme @TheGodOfStories @Gravebloom @nebulavery @Drakzaen @TheClassCalico @SalmonnFishie @Lunakitty @Jeevas @rluie
@Sparkbreeze @aly922 @buggy101

First post has been updated.
@catgame21234
If you do decide to add a self-editing pinglist, I'd be more than happy to maintain it for you.

And as for categories, I have some suggestions.
Math/numbers (already mentioned), a category for each element/breed/deity, jokes /memes (already mentioned), science/biology/geography, canon lore, noncanon lore.

Like I said, I'd be more than happy to set it up and maintain it for you. That way you don't have to worry about it.
@catgame21234
If you do decide to add a self-editing pinglist, I'd be more than happy to maintain it for you.

And as for categories, I have some suggestions.
Math/numbers (already mentioned), a category for each element/breed/deity, jokes /memes (already mentioned), science/biology/geography, canon lore, noncanon lore.

Like I said, I'd be more than happy to set it up and maintain it for you. That way you don't have to worry about it.
54903613_BfOznXPD7fp3QHV.gif qbj5aU6.gif ?PTfL=party_xy.png
@Deki
again with the self editing ping list its still something I would have to worry about because what if you get rid of it all?
so long as it's on the sight there shouldn't be an issue.
…and…i still don't like those catigories because those can easily overlap =/;;

I do feel like we can split it up but those have so much grey area that i don't need that. I just need one thats truly black and white, and i cant think of one.
@Deki
again with the self editing ping list its still something I would have to worry about because what if you get rid of it all?
so long as it's on the sight there shouldn't be an issue.
…and…i still don't like those catigories because those can easily overlap =/;;

I do feel like we can split it up but those have so much grey area that i don't need that. I just need one thats truly black and white, and i cant think of one.
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18