Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Am i the only one who hates full skins?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
If a dragon has genes and good colors, then I don't like using a full-body skin on them because as others have said, that defeats the purpose of them having good genes and colors. Skincents and apparel are better. (The exception to this is for a special occasion like Halloween or April Fool's where I could see a nicely-gened dragon wearing a full-body skin as a form of costume.)

If they are an oldie or sentimental-reason-dragon with bad colors and I don't feel like dumping a whole lot of gems into scattering them, then they can have a full-body skin. An example of this is my custom progen - he has Violet as his primary. When I signed up I had no idea about the accent color in Violet and I'm not really a fan of it in most cases and definitely not with his other colors. (I would have picked another shade on the purple spectrum, like Nightshade, if I could do it over again.) I have enough projects going that he's not going to get a scatter anytime this year. I did find a full-body skin for him that I like, and fits his role in the clan to boot, and as far as I'm concerned he can keep it and I'll keep my gems. :P
If a dragon has genes and good colors, then I don't like using a full-body skin on them because as others have said, that defeats the purpose of them having good genes and colors. Skincents and apparel are better. (The exception to this is for a special occasion like Halloween or April Fool's where I could see a nicely-gened dragon wearing a full-body skin as a form of costume.)

If they are an oldie or sentimental-reason-dragon with bad colors and I don't feel like dumping a whole lot of gems into scattering them, then they can have a full-body skin. An example of this is my custom progen - he has Violet as his primary. When I signed up I had no idea about the accent color in Violet and I'm not really a fan of it in most cases and definitely not with his other colors. (I would have picked another shade on the purple spectrum, like Nightshade, if I could do it over again.) I have enough projects going that he's not going to get a scatter anytime this year. I did find a full-body skin for him that I like, and fits his role in the clan to boot, and as far as I'm concerned he can keep it and I'll keep my gems. :P
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="arcaneidolriots" date=2018-01-19 21:53:24] Skins are very useful for dragons who are valuable or sentimental in some way to their owner but the dragon has awful or mismatching genes/colours [/quote] Agree. In most cases I have a dragon because it looks good, and as a very active project breeder that look often took a [i]heck[/i] of a lot of work. Covering it up with a skin feels like a waste of a lair slot. I understand making an exception - my joining ID dragon wound up looking fantastic with a full skin, and with all his unnamed offspring, awful colours and mismatching genes I was incredibly unwilling to spend the cash on scatters and scrolls. There are a lot of brilliant skin artists who produce amazing work. The quality of what's available often blows my mind but as yet I still haven't found anything which I love enough to dedicate a lair slot and the gem investment for
arcaneidolriots wrote on 2018-01-19:
Skins are very useful for dragons who are valuable or sentimental in some way to their owner but the dragon has awful or mismatching genes/colours

Agree. In most cases I have a dragon because it looks good, and as a very active project breeder that look often took a heck of a lot of work. Covering it up with a skin feels like a waste of a lair slot.

I understand making an exception - my joining ID dragon wound up looking fantastic with a full skin, and with all his unnamed offspring, awful colours and mismatching genes I was incredibly unwilling to spend the cash on scatters and scrolls.

There are a lot of brilliant skin artists who produce amazing work. The quality of what's available often blows my mind but as yet I still haven't found anything which I love enough to dedicate a lair slot and the gem investment for
VF45sGS.png
I like both. Skins have a lot of potential to be amazing and extravagant just like accents. :3c
I like both. Skins have a lot of potential to be amazing and extravagant just like accents. :3c
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
I rarely use them- I have a few breeding project dragons with them, and one of my coli fighters started with unfortunate colors and I scattered them to worse- luckily I love that skin no matter who is wearing it. :)

But for the most part since I’m buying and breeding pretty dragons I have trouble covering them up!
I rarely use them- I have a few breeding project dragons with them, and one of my coli fighters started with unfortunate colors and I scattered them to worse- luckily I love that skin no matter who is wearing it. :)

But for the most part since I’m buying and breeding pretty dragons I have trouble covering them up!
idzY2uK.png
Skins have always seemed pretty pointless to me and about the most direct way to leech away all individuality from a dragon.

The only situation I could see in maaaaybe using one is if in the case of a very ugly or boring G1 or low digit dragon you haven't had a chance to gene or scatterscroll yet, or maybe if you don't have a coli pair yet and get a hideous leveled dragon cheap.
Skins have always seemed pretty pointless to me and about the most direct way to leech away all individuality from a dragon.

The only situation I could see in maaaaybe using one is if in the case of a very ugly or boring G1 or low digit dragon you haven't had a chance to gene or scatterscroll yet, or maybe if you don't have a coli pair yet and get a hideous leveled dragon cheap.
I don't like full skins either. But I use them occasionally if they're really pretty and I don't yet have the genes I want for a certain dragon.

So for me, they're a temporary solution to an ugly dragon!
I don't like full skins either. But I use them occasionally if they're really pretty and I don't yet have the genes I want for a certain dragon.

So for me, they're a temporary solution to an ugly dragon!
hc7MLaK.png
I don't hate them, but I also rarely use them. I much prefer accents.
I don't hate them, but I also rarely use them. I much prefer accents.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
I actually really love full body skins! I have quite a few dragons wearing them. Like some people here have mentioned though, I wouldn't chuck a skin onto a dragon who already looks pretty or whose genes/colors I went through a lot of effort to obtain. I have a lot of oldies with not-so-great colors who I'm not planning to gene/scatter, so I put skins on them to make them pretty. I also have some special ID dragons (palindrome/special dates) that I've put skins on for the same reason. In the case of some fandragons, they wear skins because some skins are more reminiscent of a character than any gene/color combo on site. also I just think some skins are super neat looking: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37536699] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/375367/37536699_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19266320] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192664/19266320_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38377184] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/383772/38377184_350.png[/img] [/url] ^^^these three are my fave full skin wearers
I actually really love full body skins! I have quite a few dragons wearing them. Like some people here have mentioned though, I wouldn't chuck a skin onto a dragon who already looks pretty or whose genes/colors I went through a lot of effort to obtain.

I have a lot of oldies with not-so-great colors who I'm not planning to gene/scatter, so I put skins on them to make them pretty. I also have some special ID dragons (palindrome/special dates) that I've put skins on for the same reason. In the case of some fandragons, they wear skins because some skins are more reminiscent of a character than any gene/color combo on site.

also I just think some skins are super neat looking:

37536699_350.png

19266320_350.png

38377184_350.png

^^^these three are my fave full skin wearers
40146_v.gif - Call me Sol

- She/Her

- +0 FR time
I prefer accents and skincents, but I am 100% in support of full coverage skins too. I use about 30 of them.
I prefer accents and skincents, but I am 100% in support of full coverage skins too. I use about 30 of them.
They are only useful if say, you have a project dragon with bad colors/genes you either need to fix or breed out in the next generation, and you can't stand looking at them as they are in your lair. The full skin helps hide what you dislike about them until their stay in your lair is up.

Like for instance I personally dislike Capsule tert, and if I had a dragon that was temporarily staying in my lair with that gene, I'd throw a full-body skin on it for the duration of its stay.
They are only useful if say, you have a project dragon with bad colors/genes you either need to fix or breed out in the next generation, and you can't stand looking at them as they are in your lair. The full skin helps hide what you dislike about them until their stay in your lair is up.

Like for instance I personally dislike Capsule tert, and if I had a dragon that was temporarily staying in my lair with that gene, I'd throw a full-body skin on it for the duration of its stay.
84si1j.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7