Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | dont you jsut hate when you put a dragon
1 2 3 4
I don't hate it. But I can definitely see how it can it can annoy some people, haha.

I don't hate it. But I can definitely see how it can it can annoy some people, haha.

I don't mind it, but if it bugs you i'd try to advertise via dragon sales forums, rather than selling on the auction house.
I don't mind it, but if it bugs you i'd try to advertise via dragon sales forums, rather than selling on the auction house.
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="JonTargaryen" date=2017-12-12 17:04:04] I have actually heard from a couple people that there have been folks that have gone on some of these threads to get a free dragon and sold or exalted it the very next day. I get it that people change their minds about things but this looks more like someone taking advantage and scoring a free fodder (or flip) dragon, which is crappy and rude because that's not what those threads are for. [/quote] Aw shucks, that IS really rude. I've generally had some pretty good luck on those threads, but yeah, there's always going to be that ONE person who feels the need to ruin things. Still though, there's a higher chance of finding a home there than selling during a dom battle. But you can't always be too certain.
JonTargaryen wrote on 2017-12-12:

I have actually heard from a couple people that there have been folks that have gone on some of these threads to get a free dragon and sold or exalted it the very next day. I get it that people change their minds about things but this looks more like someone taking advantage and scoring a free fodder (or flip) dragon, which is crappy and rude because that's not what those threads are for.

Aw shucks, that IS really rude. I've generally had some pretty good luck on those threads, but yeah, there's always going to be that ONE person who feels the need to ruin things.

Still though, there's a higher chance of finding a home there than selling during a dom battle. But you can't always be too certain.
eg1jZa2.png
[quote name="Pumpakin" date=2017-12-12 14:50:39] i want pixel non existing dragons to have a nice owner and happy life :,( [/quote] Give them pixel non existing owners and happy lives in a god's sanctuary :D I've never had that problem since the day I started exalting my own dragons. When I have a dragon that I actually love and want to give it a "happy life", I exalt it with honors (lvl 15+, a little personal ritual, mention in other dragon's lore, etc) and write lore about them working as priests, guards, soldiers, researchers, or whatever his flight might need. But in case of pretty fodder, I prefer to see them flipped, since it's another chance for the dragon to find a new owner since the previous one didn't check the fodder price... and flipped again, and again, and again... every flip is a chance for it to find a perma owner if not exalted. So in summary, I can't be salty about dragon flipping x'D
Pumpakin wrote on 2017-12-12:
i want pixel non existing dragons to have a nice owner and happy life :,(

Give them pixel non existing owners and happy lives in a god's sanctuary :D I've never had that problem since the day I started exalting my own dragons. When I have a dragon that I actually love and want to give it a "happy life", I exalt it with honors (lvl 15+, a little personal ritual, mention in other dragon's lore, etc) and write lore about them working as priests, guards, soldiers, researchers, or whatever his flight might need.

But in case of pretty fodder, I prefer to see them flipped, since it's another chance for the dragon to find a new owner since the previous one didn't check the fodder price... and flipped again, and again, and again... every flip is a chance for it to find a perma owner if not exalted.

So in summary, I can't be salty about dragon flipping x'D
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

Got my money so i'm happy.
GL selling it for more. I've prob been trying to sell it for months now ;P

SO yeah. Not really xD
Got my money so i'm happy.
GL selling it for more. I've prob been trying to sell it for months now ;P

SO yeah. Not really xD
TOW2n3q.png
@Pumpakin Hang in there. It may not happen all the time, but some dragons really do find good homes. :)
@Pumpakin Hang in there. It may not happen all the time, but some dragons really do find good homes. :)
I'm one of the people it does bother (I've mentioned it in my profile for a while)... but it's a personal opinion and I think it's fine for others to feel differently. Personal dislike for selling a dragon for a price that's like 80g and then seeing it listed for 300g. Some folks make their cash out of doing this, it must be profitable overall even if they aren't able to sell all of the dragons they buy. As long as they don't claim that they bred the dragon / list it under their hatchery name behaving as if they hatched its specific genes/colours... etc.
I'm one of the people it does bother (I've mentioned it in my profile for a while)... but it's a personal opinion and I think it's fine for others to feel differently. Personal dislike for selling a dragon for a price that's like 80g and then seeing it listed for 300g. Some folks make their cash out of doing this, it must be profitable overall even if they aren't able to sell all of the dragons they buy. As long as they don't claim that they bred the dragon / list it under their hatchery name behaving as if they hatched its specific genes/colours... etc.
Well, it sucks because it means I lost on profit (could have sold for a higher price)! But nothing else beyond that haha. Whenever I see a dragon got bought up fast (that I didn't purposefully sell for the lowest price), I know I fudged up, usually because I forgot to check for exalt bonuses or age. But that's MY mistake.

And sometimes it's like 'lol good luck' after someone flips a dragon and resells at a high price...and it's for a dragon I had to slash the price on because it just wasn't selling

Well, it sucks because it means I lost on profit (could have sold for a higher price)! But nothing else beyond that haha. Whenever I see a dragon got bought up fast (that I didn't purposefully sell for the lowest price), I know I fudged up, usually because I forgot to check for exalt bonuses or age. But that's MY mistake.

And sometimes it's like 'lol good luck' after someone flips a dragon and resells at a high price...and it's for a dragon I had to slash the price on because it just wasn't selling

tastefulmarketing.gif
doesn't bother me at all. i have all of 5 empty lair spaces. i don't have the room or patience to wait for higher priced dragons to sell. i sell ALL hatchlings, no matter what they look like for fodder prices. If someone wants to make a profit off that. go for it.
doesn't bother me at all. i have all of 5 empty lair spaces. i don't have the room or patience to wait for higher priced dragons to sell. i sell ALL hatchlings, no matter what they look like for fodder prices. If someone wants to make a profit off that. go for it.
1586705.png2133444.png2075872.png1997799.png2128387.png
[quote name="Hokayse" date=2017-12-12 20:13:23] [quote name="Pumpakin" date=2017-12-12 14:50:39] i want pixel non existing dragons to have a nice owner and happy life :,( [/quote] Give them pixel non existing owners and happy lives in a god's sanctuary :D I've never had that problem since the day I started exalting my own dragons. When I have a dragon that I actually love and want to give it a "happy life", I exalt it with honors (lvl 15+, a little personal ritual, mention in other dragon's lore, etc) and write lore about them working as priests, guards, soldiers, researchers, or whatever his flight might need. [/quote] I actually have pictures of dragons I've exalted, all dressed up (before I took their accents/apparel items off), in the bios of other dragons they're related to or connected to in some way, and a little blurb about them and why they left Emerald City (where my clan lives). For example, my current avi and his partner have a bunch of kids (and grand-kids) and only some of them are still around in the lair - those who aren't around anymore get the honorable mention because their parents are VERY VERY proud of them for going off to serve Stormcatcher (or this week, Earthshaker). So for people who are afraid to exalt, this is an option you can do - right-click and save a picture of the dragon, upload it to a free hosting site like Imgur, insert in another dragon's bio with a link to the exalted dragon.
Hokayse wrote on 2017-12-12:
Pumpakin wrote on 2017-12-12:
i want pixel non existing dragons to have a nice owner and happy life :,(

Give them pixel non existing owners and happy lives in a god's sanctuary :D I've never had that problem since the day I started exalting my own dragons. When I have a dragon that I actually love and want to give it a "happy life", I exalt it with honors (lvl 15+, a little personal ritual, mention in other dragon's lore, etc) and write lore about them working as priests, guards, soldiers, researchers, or whatever his flight might need.

I actually have pictures of dragons I've exalted, all dressed up (before I took their accents/apparel items off), in the bios of other dragons they're related to or connected to in some way, and a little blurb about them and why they left Emerald City (where my clan lives). For example, my current avi and his partner have a bunch of kids (and grand-kids) and only some of them are still around in the lair - those who aren't around anymore get the honorable mention because their parents are VERY VERY proud of them for going off to serve Stormcatcher (or this week, Earthshaker).

So for people who are afraid to exalt, this is an option you can do - right-click and save a picture of the dragon, upload it to a free hosting site like Imgur, insert in another dragon's bio with a link to the exalted dragon.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
1 2 3 4