Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breeding a pure random colored dragon
1 2
i wanna make a breeding pair that's essentially just like hatching an unhatched egg, 100% random from all of the color wheel. is this possible, and can it be done? if not, will it ever be able to be done??
i wanna make a breeding pair that's essentially just like hatching an unhatched egg, 100% random from all of the color wheel. is this possible, and can it be done? if not, will it ever be able to be done??
TBD
@DemonKid It's not possible because the colors make the shortest path around the color wheel, meaning you can't have all the colors. [img]https://i.imgur.com/JDAC2St.jpg[/img] Now, you could have something pretty close that's a large range of colors on all three possibilities, but it won't be able to include [i]all[/i] the colors ^^ I do think it would be really awesome if we could though!
@DemonKid
It's not possible because the colors make the shortest path around the color wheel, meaning you can't have all the colors.

JDAC2St.jpg

Now, you could have something pretty close that's a large range of colors on all three possibilities, but it won't be able to include all the colors ^^

I do think it would be really awesome if we could though!
2lhDoir.png..... .....WMCEgD8.pnguBQemcM.png
dangit, i love the mystery of an unhatched egg...but i hatch a good one i cant breed it, aka it'll just be for show. which sucks.
dangit, i love the mystery of an unhatched egg...but i hatch a good one i cant breed it, aka it'll just be for show. which sucks.
TBD
@DemonKid you could do a breeding trio that covers the entire range.
@DemonKid you could do a breeding trio that covers the entire range.

@Ecci

bead-divider-big-100x12.png

YPz1UST.png
Tn9tG7j.png
15585.png light_3.png

Gen 1 lair
YA2CvXh.png

The Ecci are scholars who study artefacts found in the ruins.
RRcPYe6.png
Currently seeking allies!
@Ecci

....oh wise one. please tell me how o3o ....
@Ecci

....oh wise one. please tell me how o3o ....
TBD
If there's a way to do this, it sounds great.

It would probably be three dragons with colors that span a large range for tertiary, secondary and primary.
If there's a way to do this, it sounds great.

It would probably be three dragons with colors that span a large range for tertiary, secondary and primary.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
You can do it in 2 pairs, can't you?

Edit: nvm i can't read
You can do it in 2 pairs, can't you?

Edit: nvm i can't read
left star border ARCY • SHE/HER • FRT+3
avatar dragon | projects | wishlist | skin shop
right star border nonAp0O.png
@DemonKid
LapisDragon17718 is correct! So I'll use white as the example, it's also easiest to do this with triples, 'cause then you only have one colour to worry about.

eg.

Get a triple white dragon (for simplicity, we'll say it's female), then just get a triple honeydew and a triple radioactive male. breed the female alternatively with the males, and bam! her babies could be any colour.

If you wanted the breeding cooldowns to work out well, you could go with a plentiful breed female (guardian, tundra, mirror, fae) which have 15day cooldowns, and a limited breed for each of the males (noc or imp) which have 30day cooldowns.
@DemonKid
LapisDragon17718 is correct! So I'll use white as the example, it's also easiest to do this with triples, 'cause then you only have one colour to worry about.

eg.

Get a triple white dragon (for simplicity, we'll say it's female), then just get a triple honeydew and a triple radioactive male. breed the female alternatively with the males, and bam! her babies could be any colour.

If you wanted the breeding cooldowns to work out well, you could go with a plentiful breed female (guardian, tundra, mirror, fae) which have 15day cooldowns, and a limited breed for each of the males (noc or imp) which have 30day cooldowns.

@Ecci

bead-divider-big-100x12.png

YPz1UST.png
Tn9tG7j.png
15585.png light_3.png

Gen 1 lair
YA2CvXh.png

The Ecci are scholars who study artefacts found in the ruins.
RRcPYe6.png
Currently seeking allies!
....Dang o3o
....Dang o3o
TBD
[quote name="Ecci" date=2017-11-08 13:47:16] @/DemonKid LapisDragon17718 is correct! So I'll use white as the example, it's also easiest to do this with triples, 'cause then you only have one colour to worry about. eg. Get a triple white dragon (for simplicity, we'll say it's female), then just get a triple honeydew and a triple radioactive male. breed the female alternatively with the males, and bam! her babies could be any colour. If you wanted the breeding cooldowns to work out well, you could go with a plentiful breed female (guardian, tundra, mirror, fae) which have 15day cooldowns, and a limited breed for each of the males (noc or imp) which have 30day cooldowns. [/quote] Alternatively, you could buy a mantis dragon, a pearl dragon and a maize dragon, if you want what's considers the start, finish and middle of the wheel
Ecci wrote on 2017-11-08:
@/DemonKid

eg.

Alternatively, you could buy a mantis dragon, a pearl dragon and a maize dragon, if you want what's considers the start, finish and middle of the wheel
Please ping me when you reply to my
posts or I probably won't see it.
I don't really sub to my topics, so
Unless I specify, ping me
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gif tumblr_n4rnlnlsOx1sl6hkto5_250.gif
1 2