Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your Dragon Lairs/Clan Names???
1 2 3 4 5
@Helbram
Aww, yours definitely sounds super lovely! It sounds so pretty too and even a wonderful place to live!

@Helbram
Aww, yours definitely sounds super lovely! It sounds so pretty too and even a wonderful place to live!

pF2R4fXm.pngtumblr_static_16xs8up0p8iockogwk0k0k8oc.png qesQFkT.gif
Gleaming Grove for my regular clan, mostly because they live in a grove itself and....someone recommended that name to me.

Then Nightshade Collective for the baddies. I needed a scary-sounding Nature name, somone recommended Nightshade as a poisonous plant, and I added collective to the end of it. Sounds just intimidating enough to work, honestly.
Gleaming Grove for my regular clan, mostly because they live in a grove itself and....someone recommended that name to me.

Then Nightshade Collective for the baddies. I needed a scary-sounding Nature name, somone recommended Nightshade as a poisonous plant, and I added collective to the end of it. Sounds just intimidating enough to work, honestly.
6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
@Vampurr

Thanks! I did think about keeping it but I am not quite sure. I did think of putting the Kingdom atop a mountain just so I could not be bothered with the name and call it "Thornfell" but I am not quite sure (either). And yea, here was a lot of thought about it and I actually had the name before I had the lore, but I came up with the name a vision just sort of came to me!

I like the name! I may use a name sort of similar, though I always like to use made up names hence the name Parithiun. I haven't put much thought to the name of the kingdom lately so I need to start thinking about that again. It seems I am much better at naming dragons than a place/area.
@Vampurr

Thanks! I did think about keeping it but I am not quite sure. I did think of putting the Kingdom atop a mountain just so I could not be bothered with the name and call it "Thornfell" but I am not quite sure (either). And yea, here was a lot of thought about it and I actually had the name before I had the lore, but I came up with the name a vision just sort of came to me!

I like the name! I may use a name sort of similar, though I always like to use made up names hence the name Parithiun. I haven't put much thought to the name of the kingdom lately so I need to start thinking about that again. It seems I am much better at naming dragons than a place/area.
pixil-frame-067.png2sdjCmT.pngpixil-frame-068.pngQq78qBr.png
My clan is named Noxhaven!
I used my vast knowledge (read: Google Translate) to know that Nox is Night in Latin, and then "haven" because it's basically a sanctuary. A sanctuary for criminals and outcasts, that is.
My clan is named Noxhaven!
I used my vast knowledge (read: Google Translate) to know that Nox is Night in Latin, and then "haven" because it's basically a sanctuary. A sanctuary for criminals and outcasts, that is.
wORSkxL.png
TheStarfall Clan?

I don't really give my clan an actual name :/
TheStarfall Clan?

I don't really give my clan an actual name :/
Keenwave, because keen means sharp, biting, penetrating and it also means the sound of crying or a funeral dirge, which legends of the clan say the area of the Tsunami Flats where my clan got its start sounds like at night. A dragon's melancholy cry.

Considering my clan is perpetually engaged in a civil war, Battleguard versus Black Sentinels, it means different things to both sides. The Battleguard would tell you it stands for sharp claws and sharper minds.

The Black Sentinels would tell you it's the sound of wailing caused by their havoc.
Keenwave, because keen means sharp, biting, penetrating and it also means the sound of crying or a funeral dirge, which legends of the clan say the area of the Tsunami Flats where my clan got its start sounds like at night. A dragon's melancholy cry.

Considering my clan is perpetually engaged in a civil war, Battleguard versus Black Sentinels, it means different things to both sides. The Battleguard would tell you it stands for sharp claws and sharper minds.

The Black Sentinels would tell you it's the sound of wailing caused by their havoc.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
Niflheim Trading Company.

They are a team of hardworking merchants who sail all around Sornieth selling and buying goods! They also run a small shop where the less seaworthy dragons work.
Niflheim Trading Company.

They are a team of hardworking merchants who sail all around Sornieth selling and buying goods! They also run a small shop where the less seaworthy dragons work.
she/he/they | fr + 3
The Astral Haven - a clan founded by a Mirror who preferred not to fight and a Fae prone to vocal emotionality. They are known for two things - taking in waifs and strays no one wants and breeding bright winged beauties everyone wants.
The Astral Haven - a clan founded by a Mirror who preferred not to fight and a Fae prone to vocal emotionality. They are known for two things - taking in waifs and strays no one wants and breeding bright winged beauties everyone wants.
My clan's name is "The Paladins' Circle of the Windswept Plateau" (often shortened to the Paladins' Circle)

I started in Light, which is where the paladin part came from, and circle implied a sense of closeness and community.

When I moved to Wind, I added "of the Windswept Plateau" but hardly ever use that part except for in formal references.

My clan also lives on a repurposed warship that is called the Sundog. It's part of a category of huge dragon-carrying transport ships known as Dreadknights. Though not as many of them are in use as warships in this current time due to improved peaceful relations with other flights.
My clan's name is "The Paladins' Circle of the Windswept Plateau" (often shortened to the Paladins' Circle)

I started in Light, which is where the paladin part came from, and circle implied a sense of closeness and community.

When I moved to Wind, I added "of the Windswept Plateau" but hardly ever use that part except for in formal references.

My clan also lives on a repurposed warship that is called the Sundog. It's part of a category of huge dragon-carrying transport ships known as Dreadknights. Though not as many of them are in use as warships in this current time due to improved peaceful relations with other flights.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
it's just referred to as a nameless clan.

skdljglkj ok fr though, my clan isn't actually supposed to be a clan - the idea is that there originally was a clan that lived in the same area (i never came up with a name for that one either) and then a good chunk of the dragons vanished, leaving too few dragons to be called a clan. so it's basically a group of dragons living in an abandoned lair, and some of them can't/don't want to leave for...reasons
and then the cultists come in but yknow, that's not relevant rn
it's just referred to as a nameless clan.

skdljglkj ok fr though, my clan isn't actually supposed to be a clan - the idea is that there originally was a clan that lived in the same area (i never came up with a name for that one either) and then a good chunk of the dragons vanished, leaving too few dragons to be called a clan. so it's basically a group of dragons living in an abandoned lair, and some of them can't/don't want to leave for...reasons
and then the cultists come in but yknow, that's not relevant rn
globules.png
1 2 3 4 5