Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your Dragon Lairs/Clan Names???
1 2 3 4 5
Mine is "The Snowfall Retreat"
There isn't really anything special about how I came up with it though. I just wanted my dragons to live in a relaxing/fun place and it's located in the southern icefield so...hence the name snowfall.

(I guess I can also say that part of my inspiration for it being a retreat is thanks to a call of duty game I play that has a retreat as a map option.)
Mine is "The Snowfall Retreat"
There isn't really anything special about how I came up with it though. I just wanted my dragons to live in a relaxing/fun place and it's located in the southern icefield so...hence the name snowfall.

(I guess I can also say that part of my inspiration for it being a retreat is thanks to a call of duty game I play that has a retreat as a map option.)
Crystal Caverns
Crystal Caverns
JQCpKiY.giftumblr_p428paQOgy1x5ha76o3_r1_400.png0Srkgnv.gif

oJznFHE.pngw1D3UIp.png0hyMzkb.pngA5GvKXK.png
I literally got Melohn out of a name generator. Arenji was someone coming up with the name for RNG. Our clan symbol is based off of the daredevil eye cover, because our first leader wore it to hide her deity-given eyes, the plague redness.
I literally got Melohn out of a name generator. Arenji was someone coming up with the name for RNG. Our clan symbol is based off of the daredevil eye cover, because our first leader wore it to hide her deity-given eyes, the plague redness.
KG62W6om.jpg Among Us Adopt
(Im)Perfect Plushies Adopt
Desmond's Drawings (100g)
Dragons with Art
Naomi/666 Veilspuns
Mine is called the Clan of Falling Embers.
Mine is called the Clan of Falling Embers.
PQznZys.png
Wanderin.

Still a subject of regular debate between members whether it's supposed to be "Wandering" or "Wander-In".
Wanderin.

Still a subject of regular debate between members whether it's supposed to be "Wandering" or "Wander-In".
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
Clan Moss Beard.

The centre point to the clan's lands is a gnarly old oak tree dripping in moss, and I wanted a name to reflect that. ~I made a thread in the Nature forums and someone suggested looking up the Latin names of types of moss. While doing so, I found out that 'beard moss' is a thing. And so, Moss Beard it is.

Also a nice reference to Glademama's magnificent beard.
Clan Moss Beard.

The centre point to the clan's lands is a gnarly old oak tree dripping in moss, and I wanted a name to reflect that. ~I made a thread in the Nature forums and someone suggested looking up the Latin names of types of moss. While doing so, I found out that 'beard moss' is a thing. And so, Moss Beard it is.

Also a nice reference to Glademama's magnificent beard.
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
My clan name is Pleroma, which is Greek, and can translate to "crammed full," which is appropriate ;v;
My clan name is Pleroma, which is Greek, and can translate to "crammed full," which is appropriate ;v;
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

My clan name is Brightspark, mainly because they make fireworks.
My clan name is Brightspark, mainly because they make fireworks.
wCtmyuR.png Avatar Dragon | Molten Lava Subspecies

“Life is like a piano; the white keys represent happiness and the black show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.” - Ehssan
RClY3u4.gif GwKdven.png
@Vampurr I'm having troubles trying to come up with my clans name too!

My clans placeholder name is 'Parithiun' but I dunno if it sticks, (which is precisely why it is a placeholder name). I was thinking of calling it Thornfell like my username, but the basis of it is "Thorn" (aka Thistle, the flower of Scotland, and I am half Scottish) and "Fell" (Aka a hill or stretch of high moorland, or in this case a mountain). My clans Kingdom is definitely not a mountain. It's where my progenitor Tyhunaka looked over the (unbuilt, at the time) Kingdom atop of a prickly mountain. It's sorta a twist of Summerfall which is what I originally wanted. So yea, I dunno what the heck to name my clan.
@Vampurr I'm having troubles trying to come up with my clans name too!

My clans placeholder name is 'Parithiun' but I dunno if it sticks, (which is precisely why it is a placeholder name). I was thinking of calling it Thornfell like my username, but the basis of it is "Thorn" (aka Thistle, the flower of Scotland, and I am half Scottish) and "Fell" (Aka a hill or stretch of high moorland, or in this case a mountain). My clans Kingdom is definitely not a mountain. It's where my progenitor Tyhunaka looked over the (unbuilt, at the time) Kingdom atop of a prickly mountain. It's sorta a twist of Summerfall which is what I originally wanted. So yea, I dunno what the heck to name my clan.
pixil-frame-067.png2sdjCmT.pngpixil-frame-068.pngQq78qBr.png
@Thornfell

Ooo! That's a nice placeholder name though! I could maybe see Thornfell working as well. Both are really unique! I love how you broke down Thornfell too! The inspiration for it is so interesting!!!

I'm gonna use Dusty Ferns for right now, though I'm not entirely sure if I'll end up keeping it. It's kinda silly but I'm gonna use it for right now.
@Thornfell

Ooo! That's a nice placeholder name though! I could maybe see Thornfell working as well. Both are really unique! I love how you broke down Thornfell too! The inspiration for it is so interesting!!!

I'm gonna use Dusty Ferns for right now, though I'm not entirely sure if I'll end up keeping it. It's kinda silly but I'm gonna use it for right now.
pF2R4fXm.pngtumblr_static_16xs8up0p8iockogwk0k0k8oc.png qesQFkT.gif
1 2 3 4 5