Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mating Dances
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Personally I think faes go for whoever can catch the most bugs in an area. Shows that they can feed 'em
Personally I think faes go for whoever can catch the most bugs in an area. Shows that they can feed 'em
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
But what about non-same species matings?
And spirals
Spirals do that snake thing I bet on like Hermes' staff or whatever

And then they can't figure out how to get unstuck

And fae Imperial matings
and going off the post above me and the crest thing, just imagine this tiny little fae flaring it's fins while trying to feed someone like 4 time it's size even though they ear the same amount
But what about non-same species matings?
And spirals
Spirals do that snake thing I bet on like Hermes' staff or whatever

And then they can't figure out how to get unstuck

And fae Imperial matings
and going off the post above me and the crest thing, just imagine this tiny little fae flaring it's fins while trying to feed someone like 4 time it's size even though they ear the same amount
2e8yyk_by_theelfdruid-dchl0pk.gift03oxll_by_theelfdruid-dchl10y.jpg2e8z55_by_theelfdruid-dchl0ph.gif
[quote name="Knickknacks" date=2017-08-06 12:12:13] [quote name="DarknessReborn" date=2017-08-06 12:10:44] I can imagine nocturnes trying to do what other breeds do and messing up badly [/quote] An image of a Nocturne taping sticks onto his head and sidling up to Imperial girls just popped into my head. I love it. [/quote] Or even a Noctrune trying to do it: the Spiral way.
Knickknacks wrote on 2017-08-06:
DarknessReborn wrote on 2017-08-06:
I can imagine nocturnes trying to do what other breeds do and messing up badly
An image of a Nocturne taping sticks onto his head and sidling up to Imperial girls just popped into my head. I love it.
Or even a Noctrune trying to do it: the Spiral way.
KvxzF3W.pngJcdyE1n.png opcExsG.png
BsnXCRp.png
0XHtpWy.png
J7D1quC.png

WKtl2lb.png
FObX7rS_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelFObX7rS_d.png
[quote name="IronPen" date=2017-08-06 17:32:07] Skydancers do the [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAwcoFoAk_k]death spiral[/url] [/quote] That is the most beautiful and terrifying mating ritual I have ever seen. It must be one hell of a trust test. To be honest, I feel like Spirals would do that more than Skydancers. Maybe close Spiral mates might try to do this in the Twisting Crescendo as a statement.
IronPen wrote on 2017-08-06:
Skydancers do the death spiral
That is the most beautiful and terrifying mating ritual I have ever seen.
It must be one hell of a trust test.

To be honest, I feel like Spirals would do that more than Skydancers. Maybe close Spiral mates might try to do this in the Twisting Crescendo as a statement.
xTLBQuX.png
[quote name="Dovedragon" date=2017-08-06 11:54:27] I think Imperials show off their horns like bucks trying to win over a deer Maybe Skydancers/Coatls do this: [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/NfzOqaLHp7j44/giphy.gif[/img] [/quote] Definitely imperial. Actually. Antlers only come in if someone else tries to hit on their gurl/boi. (Females have them too)
Dovedragon wrote on 2017-08-06:
I think Imperials show off their horns like bucks trying to win over a deer
Maybe Skydancers/Coatls do this:

giphy.gif
Definitely imperial. Actually. Antlers only come in if someone else tries to hit on their gurl/boi. (Females have them too)
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
[quote name="SariStar" date=2017-08-06 15:50:14] [quote name="Nightingale333" date=2017-08-06 14:40:42] On the topic of Nocs failing miserably at mimicking other breeds... Just imagine them taping sticks to their heads and attacking each other like Ridgebacks. [/quote] Headcanon accepted. [/quote] Ditto
SariStar wrote on 2017-08-06:
Nightingale333 wrote on 2017-08-06:
On the topic of Nocs failing miserably at mimicking other breeds... Just imagine them taping sticks to their heads and attacking each other like Ridgebacks.

Headcanon accepted.

Ditto
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
Maybe Snappers do something like make snapping noises by opening and closing their jaws really fast.

Maybe Snappers do something like make snapping noises by opening and closing their jaws really fast.

Drag cave egg pics are broke o.o
[quote name="AllasBarron" date=2017-08-06 16:48:06] I feel like a bunch of male mirrors would just fight each other and the last one left standing would get to mate... They'd win over a female by showing off how strong and enduring they are. [/quote] So the females just sit there and let the guys fight over them eh? But what there's several girls and one guy? Then the girls fight over him.
AllasBarron wrote on 2017-08-06:
I feel like a bunch of male mirrors would just fight each other and the last one left standing would get to mate... They'd win over a female by showing off how strong and enduring they are.
So the females just sit there and let the guys fight over them eh?
But what there's several girls and one guy? Then the girls fight over him.

sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
Mirrors fight to prove who’s the strongest and whoever wins gets the girls
Mirrors fight to prove who’s the strongest and whoever wins gets the girls
BgbDlSq.pngxdlZbIe.pngLNpDIgR.pngXEhg7ep.pngXJ1cOO9.png9zNASIn.pngcV4Vp9J.pngmasBbAt.pngSzqNIOp.png
[quote name="Nicolas" date=2017-08-06 15:50:36] [quote name="PlagueMaw" date=2017-08-06 15:46:28] Since pearlcatchers are supposedly a touch vain and showoffs, would they do something like bower birds and build decorative nonsense to boast with? [/quote] [ [i]monotone pearlcatcher voice[/i] ] becky, lemme smash [/quote] heck this *insert decoration name here*
Nicolas wrote on 2017-08-06:
PlagueMaw wrote on 2017-08-06:
Since pearlcatchers are supposedly a touch vain and showoffs, would they do something like bower birds and build decorative nonsense to boast with?
[ monotone pearlcatcher voice ] becky, lemme smash
heck this *insert decoration name here*
he/theyautistic

(i'll edit my signature soon, i promise.)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7