Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why brew material is so cheap?
1 2 3
that and newbies were able to join ranging from a week to one day before the AH update. though the low prices does annoy me a tiny bit since if I were to sell my mats it would be way too low of a profit.

is it bad that I want to buy the material until I have returned them to the normal prices...
because honestly
a few minutes ago I saw some goo up for 10t
that and newbies were able to join ranging from a week to one day before the AH update. though the low prices does annoy me a tiny bit since if I were to sell my mats it would be way too low of a profit.

is it bad that I want to buy the material until I have returned them to the normal prices...
because honestly
a few minutes ago I saw some goo up for 10t
iZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.png
I know, it's depressing because I've lost my main source of income. :(
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date=2017-03-23 07:48:51] I know, it's depressing because I've lost my main source of income. :( [/quote] Same here. It's gonna be a lot harder making money reselling on the AH starting now..
ImpossibleJedi4 wrote on 2017-03-23:
Same here. It's gonna be a lot harder making money reselling on the AH starting now..
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
[quote name="Vendrus" date=2017-03-23 02:14:11] Imo it's to do with the 'Sort by Unit Price' option. The same has happened with food. People can now easily see which are the actual cheapest prices and are therefore both buying and listing more competitively. [/quote] ^^^thiiiiiiisssssssss^^^ and it's exactly what I predicted would happen with the new AH functionality, too. it's gonna take a while for the prices to settle down to a new normal, but I'd bet gems to treasure that the new normal will end up being lower than it was pre-change.
Vendrus wrote on 2017-03-23:
Imo it's to do with the 'Sort by Unit Price' option. The same has happened with food.
People can now easily see which are the actual cheapest prices and are therefore both buying and listing more competitively.

^^^thiiiiiiisssssssss^^^

and it's exactly what I predicted would happen with the new AH functionality, too. it's gonna take a while for the prices to settle down to a new normal, but I'd bet gems to treasure that the new normal will end up being lower than it was pre-change.
LOVE IS INEFFICIENT. GET BACK TO WORK.
[quote name="Lara8" date=2017-03-22 20:34:59] @Moorising [quote]Prices are a little wacky in apparel right now, too. I think it is because of the AH changes. All items had to be relisted and whoever got there kind of "set" the price range. I deal a lot in apparel, since I can't Coli at work, and it has been spotty trying to buy and sell at the old, remembered prices. I suspect that in a month or two, the FR economy will get back to what it was.... (fingers crossed)[/quote] One-click relisting is probably going to have some impact too, and it'll be interesting to see in which direction. On the one hand, there will probably be a greater 'pool' of items for sale at any one time, since it takes so little effort to leave an item on the AH near-constantly (even if you opt for one-day auctions to minimize fees); on the other, there's less incentive to cut the price of an item that doesn't sell. [/quote] I don't know... I don't think most sniper and re-sellers will use the relist option that much for their auctions because if you want to sell things fast you have to be the cheapest and hopefully still make a profit and since buyers can come along at anytime, you have to check the auction prices for apparel items you are putting up for auction. If you just relist something you can't check that yours is the cheapest first. Still, I could see people relisting a lot for like dragons/skins/food stacks etc...
Lara8 wrote on 2017-03-22:
@Moorising
Quote:
Prices are a little wacky in apparel right now, too. I think it is because of the AH changes. All items had to be relisted and whoever got there kind of "set" the price range. I deal a lot in apparel, since I can't Coli at work, and it has been spotty trying to buy and sell at the old, remembered prices. I suspect that in a month or two, the FR economy will get back to what it was.... (fingers crossed)

One-click relisting is probably going to have some impact too, and it'll be interesting to see in which direction. On the one hand, there will probably be a greater 'pool' of items for sale at any one time, since it takes so little effort to leave an item on the AH near-constantly (even if you opt for one-day auctions to minimize fees); on the other, there's less incentive to cut the price of an item that doesn't sell.

I don't know... I don't think most sniper and re-sellers will use the relist option that much for their auctions because if you want to sell things fast you have to be the cheapest and hopefully still make a profit and since buyers can come along at anytime, you have to check the auction prices for apparel items you are putting up for auction. If you just relist something you can't check that yours is the cheapest first. Still, I could see people relisting a lot for like dragons/skins/food stacks etc...
XriSV9h.gif
I do also wonder how much people are using the in-flight sales option....I haven't yet for materials or apparel...I probably will for dragons/Dom pushes....but I would think realm-wide auctions give the seller the best chance of a sale....

Has anyone heard of a reason to use in-flight sales other than for dragons?
I do also wonder how much people are using the in-flight sales option....I haven't yet for materials or apparel...I probably will for dragons/Dom pushes....but I would think realm-wide auctions give the seller the best chance of a sale....

PyeohlG.png
[quote name="@Moorising" date=2017-03-23 13:46:03] I do also wonder how much people are using the in-flight sales option....I haven't yet for materials or apparel...I probably will for dragons/Dom pushes....but I would think realm-wide auctions give the seller the best chance of a sale.... Has anyone heard of a reason to use in-flight sales other than for dragons? [/quote] To sell flight themed skins To sell flight themed apparel/familiars at a discount? Discount for fellow members? That's all I got. No one uses the ice one really, less than a page of familiars pretty much
@Moorising wrote on 2017-03-23:

To sell flight themed skins
To sell flight themed apparel/familiars at a discount?
Discount for fellow members?
That's all I got. No one uses the ice one really, less than a page of familiars pretty much
thanks, @UniqueZephlyn I get the flight-themed items idea...(don't know why I didn't think of that!)
thanks, @UniqueZephlyn I get the flight-themed items idea...(don't know why I didn't think of that!)
PyeohlG.png
@moorising

I sold things at restock cost for my flight. Mostly Archer Quivers
@moorising

I sold things at restock cost for my flight. Mostly Archer Quivers
@Sopheroo I just looked at the Light Sales for Apparel and it seems to be the same...hot ticket items at a good price.

(and OMG, your lair is aMAZing!...impressed and envious!)
@Sopheroo I just looked at the Light Sales for Apparel and it seems to be the same...hot ticket items at a good price.

(and OMG, your lair is aMAZing!...impressed and envious!)
PyeohlG.png
1 2 3