Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dead eggs??
1 2 3 4 5
I remember in the beginning, of endless screaming, trying to incubate before rollover with all the downtime, practically pounding on the keyboard and mouse for just that single vital click to restore harmony.

I can proudly say I never once had an egg rot thanks to my crazy hell bent determination at any hour
I remember in the beginning, of endless screaming, trying to incubate before rollover with all the downtime, practically pounding on the keyboard and mouse for just that single vital click to restore harmony.

I can proudly say I never once had an egg rot thanks to my crazy hell bent determination at any hour
unROMY8.png
The poor shadow eggs look liked someone sucked the life out of them 3:
The poor shadow eggs look liked someone sucked the life out of them 3:
I had a few rot, due to downtime. I just wasn't online when the downtime ended, and poof, all dead. It was sad.
I had a few rot, due to downtime. I just wasn't online when the downtime ended, and poof, all dead. It was sad.
66MHIIb.png
@paleontologies Yeah, the egg rot mechanic was eliminated quite early on. This was before my time, but I think it also partly had to do with the massive amounts of downtime and lag the site had in the first few months, so players sometimes couldn't log on to incubate their eggs for days at a time.

The Water nest art was revamped a while after that, I remember seeing announcements about it during my first year on the site.
@paleontologies Yeah, the egg rot mechanic was eliminated quite early on. This was before my time, but I think it also partly had to do with the massive amounts of downtime and lag the site had in the first few months, so players sometimes couldn't log on to incubate their eggs for days at a time.

The Water nest art was revamped a while after that, I remember seeing announcements about it during my first year on the site.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Awaken to your Fate ~~~~~~~~~~~
The shadow ones are SO creepy omg
The shadow ones are SO creepy omg
Azo3Ye1.png

I wish I was around when this was a thing. I love this concept to be honest, and it gives motivation to return here every day.

I wish I was around when this was a thing. I love this concept to be honest, and it gives motivation to return here every day.
The staff found it was unfair for players who did not have the availability to log on every day (especially with the down times they used to have)

If people still like the idea of this mechanic they can always play with a bit of the Nuzlocke rules I have seen and flip a coin for each egg your dragons lay to see if that hatchling survives -shrug-

I personally like how it is now so I can just let my dragons sit on nests for forever if I need them to be able to hatch a nest and be rtb and use a boon for special days.
The staff found it was unfair for players who did not have the availability to log on every day (especially with the down times they used to have)

If people still like the idea of this mechanic they can always play with a bit of the Nuzlocke rules I have seen and flip a coin for each egg your dragons lay to see if that hatchling survives -shrug-

I personally like how it is now so I can just let my dragons sit on nests for forever if I need them to be able to hatch a nest and be rtb and use a boon for special days.
They/Them FR+2
But what would happen if all the eggs rotted when you hatched them?
But what would happen if all the eggs rotted when you hatched them?
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
call me taro
he/him and pi/pika | fr time | art shop
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
@paleontologies

Whoa, this code will be great to use if I ever need to explain new nests where some hatchlings are exalted while others are not. Or if I forget to take a screenshot of a nest, I can just replicate it with this code!
@paleontologies

Whoa, this code will be great to use if I ever need to explain new nests where some hatchlings are exalted while others are not. Or if I forget to take a screenshot of a nest, I can just replicate it with this code!
tastefulmarketing.gif
The light egg overheated. Kaboom
The light egg overheated. Kaboom
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
1 2 3 4 5