Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Bonded Allies Discussion
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30 31
@eggod | @Sinmachine | @Stanzascale _________________ I was thinking we could use a knot design, then simplify it. The knots inside of the design itself could be medallions with the flight symbols! (( And the designs could connect them to show unity or a bond). To make it an even 12, there could also be a Beastclan medallion, since we're sympathizers. For example: [img]http://www.ancient-symbols.com/images/celtic-sailor-knot.jpg[/img] Take the knot above and add the medallions/symbols and: [img]http://orig06.deviantart.net/c84e/f/2016/142/1/f/flight_rising___bonders_knot_by_xxsnowyxxx-da3fm59.png[/img] (( I know, it's VERY crude. )) The idea is the medallions will take up the space inside of the knots/circles/squares, covering the detail work beneath but leaving the extensive work around it to unite them. The size of the knots in question could be changed to fit equal sized medallions, and the symbols could be placed in the order they came of. Such as Fire, Earth, Water, and Wind being the corners since they were the original foundation of the Flight Deities. (( It's also fair because it doesn't favor sides, the Beast clan symbol can be slipped into the last slot. )) - I DID make the knot edit I create this way; the deities are arranged in orders of appearance and relations! A Beastclan symbol was thrown in as an extra to balance Arcane. - Because there were 10 slots and 12 symbols, 2 small loops will have to be created on the borders to hold the Arcane Flight and Beastclan Symbol. (( I tried to make it easier so you could avoid drawing 100% of the knotwork, so the medallions covering the intricated details would be alright I hope!)) I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LONG POST @v@
@eggod | @Sinmachine | @Stanzascale
I was thinking we could use a knot design, then simplify it. The knots inside of the design itself could be medallions with the flight symbols! (( And the designs could connect them to show unity or a bond). To make it an even 12, there could also be a Beastclan medallion, since we're sympathizers.

For example: celtic-sailor-knot.jpg

Take the knot above and add the medallions/symbols and: flight_rising___bonders_knot_by_xxsnowyxxx-da3fm59.png
(( I know, it's VERY crude. ))

The idea is the medallions will take up the space inside of the knots/circles/squares, covering the detail work beneath but leaving the extensive work around it to unite them. The size of the knots in question could be changed to fit equal sized medallions, and the symbols could be placed in the order they came of. Such as Fire, Earth, Water, and Wind being the corners since they were the original foundation of the Flight Deities. (( It's also fair because it doesn't favor sides, the Beast clan symbol can be slipped into the last slot. ))
- I DID make the knot edit I create this way; the deities are arranged in orders of appearance and relations! A Beastclan symbol was thrown in as an extra to balance Arcane.
- Because there were 10 slots and 12 symbols, 2 small loops will have to be created on the borders to hold the Arcane Flight and Beastclan Symbol.

(( I tried to make it easier so you could avoid drawing 100% of the knotwork, so the medallions covering the intricated details would be alright I hope!))

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LONG POST @v@
5S2hFjn.png
@xxsnowyxxx

Personally, I think it's pretty cool, but since I'm not the one designing it, obviously I don't have much say in it, but it is pretty cool!
@xxsnowyxxx

Personally, I think it's pretty cool, but since I'm not the one designing it, obviously I don't have much say in it, but it is pretty cool!
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq yfR9mSB.png Trans (Trans flag)
PVehrz5.png
He/Him (Gay male flag)
OxagJgG.png
wpdJhcQ.png
YMPbu9R.png
oIjWdvD.png
@xxsnowyxxx

oh my gosh, thank you! I don't think I'm going to follow this 100%, but it does give me some ideas to fix some problems with the design I've been having (especially the number of flights. I hate working with prime numbers.)
@xxsnowyxxx

oh my gosh, thank you! I don't think I'm going to follow this 100%, but it does give me some ideas to fix some problems with the design I've been having (especially the number of flights. I hate working with prime numbers.)
Mith Spellbook

they/them
- (fr +0) -
@eggod

No problem! It's simply a basis you can work off or refer to if you want (( think of it was friendly imput that can be ignored with no offense taken; I know celtic knots are a pain in the arse )). I know how difficult designing can be too. I don't often do icons or things of that nature, but I frequently design clothing and characters based on certain outlines (( Pokemon fashion is pretty nice to go by as practice )). As long as I helped in someway, I'm happy.

Good luck with designing x3 I know it'll turn out great!
@eggod

No problem! It's simply a basis you can work off or refer to if you want (( think of it was friendly imput that can be ignored with no offense taken; I know celtic knots are a pain in the arse )). I know how difficult designing can be too. I don't often do icons or things of that nature, but I frequently design clothing and characters based on certain outlines (( Pokemon fashion is pretty nice to go by as practice )). As long as I helped in someway, I'm happy.

Good luck with designing x3 I know it'll turn out great!
5S2hFjn.png
@eggod The knot idea(s) are super cool! I like having either the runes of the Flights in the knotwork somehow, but I also like the idea of the different colours of thread. :) I'm looking forward to the end result!

I'm also very sleepy from working a 10.5 hour shift so I don't have much else to add, except I'm excited lol.

Also that sand/war rp on the previous page was golden. Loved reading it, interested to see what comes out of it (if anything :P)
@eggod The knot idea(s) are super cool! I like having either the runes of the Flights in the knotwork somehow, but I also like the idea of the different colours of thread. :) I'm looking forward to the end result!

I'm also very sleepy from working a 10.5 hour shift so I don't have much else to add, except I'm excited lol.

Also that sand/war rp on the previous page was golden. Loved reading it, interested to see what comes out of it (if anything :P)
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax

the sand thing was moved off-thread, to keep from cluttering this discussion thread, but it's still pretty weird
@clarax

the sand thing was moved off-thread, to keep from cluttering this discussion thread, but it's still pretty weird
PVehrz5.png
He/Him (Gay male flag)
OxagJgG.png
wpdJhcQ.png
YMPbu9R.png
oIjWdvD.png
@SinMachine @BraveLittleFish @ThatOneIceWing @StormDragon21 @NightShift @marchhare @Heeroku @Loba19 @xxsnowyxxx @Stanzascale @RisingFlames @Istoki @clarax hurghh ok, I have the initial line art for the potential knot done (took about all day dang). I only now (thanks in part to snowy) know how the runes are gonna work out, so they aren't lined up yet, and I haven't made the calligraphy for the title (which will be included in the banner-style button). Also, these are obv wayy too big for a signature, or even a banner, & I'll need to size them down. I have 2 alternative rotations, let me know which y'all think is better (#2 is a 45 degree tilt of the first)? [i](Please excuse some of the irregularities in the lines, I kept having bouts of knot-anxiety. I'll clean them up... eventually.)[/i] [img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/47cf5e7500af8f069226170859d7ef1e/tumblr_o7k2l7r61R1ts1ig2o1_540.png[/img] [img]https://65.media.tumblr.com/5249f871a0210cb90c24690b44bafe8c/tumblr_o7k2l7r61R1ts1ig2o2_r1_540.png[/img] edit: heck the second one is kinda blurry for some reason why this [size=2][s]I hate celtic knots[/s][/size]
@SinMachine @BraveLittleFish @ThatOneIceWing @StormDragon21 @NightShift @marchhare @Heeroku @Loba19 @xxsnowyxxx @Stanzascale @RisingFlames @Istoki @clarax

hurghh ok, I have the initial line art for the potential knot done (took about all day dang).

I only now (thanks in part to snowy) know how the runes are gonna work out, so they aren't lined up yet, and I haven't made the calligraphy for the title (which will be included in the banner-style button). Also, these are obv wayy too big for a signature, or even a banner, & I'll need to size them down.

I have 2 alternative rotations, let me know which y'all think is better (#2 is a 45 degree tilt of the first)?
(Please excuse some of the irregularities in the lines, I kept having bouts of knot-anxiety. I'll clean them up... eventually.)

tumblr_o7k2l7r61R1ts1ig2o1_540.png

tumblr_o7k2l7r61R1ts1ig2o2_r1_540.png

edit: heck the second one is kinda blurry for some reason why this

I hate celtic knots
Mith Spellbook

they/them
- (fr +0) -
@Stanzascale @xxsnowyxxx

I'd love to be an official ally of either (both!) your Clans! ^_^ From everything I've read on your bios, it sounds like our Clans are very much aligned in our ideologies. :)

@SinMachine Thanks for letting me know! I hope it doesn't end up in a war against the Bonded :O

@eggod I really like both knots. C: I think perhaps I like the first one more, but I am not opposed to the second if that gets the majority! I'm very easy to please I'm not particularly picky haha. :P
@Stanzascale @xxsnowyxxx

I'd love to be an official ally of either (both!) your Clans! ^_^ From everything I've read on your bios, it sounds like our Clans are very much aligned in our ideologies. :)

@SinMachine Thanks for letting me know! I hope it doesn't end up in a war against the Bonded :O

@eggod I really like both knots. C: I think perhaps I like the first one more, but I am not opposed to the second if that gets the majority! I'm very easy to please I'm not particularly picky haha. :P
1u3H6jas.png
@eggod I prefer the second myself, but I won't throw a fit if the other is chosen
@eggod I prefer the second myself, but I won't throw a fit if the other is chosen
PVehrz5.png
He/Him (Gay male flag)
OxagJgG.png
wpdJhcQ.png
YMPbu9R.png
oIjWdvD.png
@xxsnowyxxx

I love your idea for the arrangements of the elements in the knots! :D
Also, wow. I saw the update to your frontpage lore. Is that what clarax helped you with? I’m impressed, you two!
Now I’m worried that my clan doesn’t do enough to accommodate different elements. >.>;
Hm…perhaps those parts of the lair prone to flooding can be converted in something favourable to Water dragons. I already have a vague idea that there are some shelters for companions who aren’t tied to dragons which is where their tender hangs out. Could install a pond there, which would also encourage wildlife which is favourable to the Nature-inclined, a potential source of study and for controlled food-gathering.
Naturally it would be controlled so Ridgebacks don’t have to worry about sudden leaks to other parts of the lair.

@eggod @SinMachine

Calligraphy? I can figure that you probably mean for the name of our alliance, but my first thought was: what if we had a motto? ^_^

Regarding choice of knot....I can't choose! X,D It's Fire Emblem Fates all over again!
I mean there's something aesthetically pleasing about the second one, but the first one has a stronger 'we're all equal around the round table' vibe.

Regarding that sand-business, it's amusing to try figure out how on Sornieth my clan would react to that. XD

@clarax

You have now been added to the ally roster. ^^

Edit: @ThatOneIceWing

Sorry if things have been overwhelming, but would you mind if Ponscill went over to talk to Capriccio and Circe? It can just be long enough for her to hear their names and be reassured that they're okay (or just the latter) if you like.
@xxsnowyxxx

I love your idea for the arrangements of the elements in the knots! :D
Also, wow. I saw the update to your frontpage lore. Is that what clarax helped you with? I’m impressed, you two!
Now I’m worried that my clan doesn’t do enough to accommodate different elements. >.>;
Hm…perhaps those parts of the lair prone to flooding can be converted in something favourable to Water dragons. I already have a vague idea that there are some shelters for companions who aren’t tied to dragons which is where their tender hangs out. Could install a pond there, which would also encourage wildlife which is favourable to the Nature-inclined, a potential source of study and for controlled food-gathering.
Naturally it would be controlled so Ridgebacks don’t have to worry about sudden leaks to other parts of the lair.

@eggod @SinMachine

Calligraphy? I can figure that you probably mean for the name of our alliance, but my first thought was: what if we had a motto? ^_^

Regarding choice of knot....I can't choose! X,D It's Fire Emblem Fates all over again!
I mean there's something aesthetically pleasing about the second one, but the first one has a stronger 'we're all equal around the round table' vibe.

Regarding that sand-business, it's amusing to try figure out how on Sornieth my clan would react to that. XD

@clarax

You have now been added to the ally roster. ^^

Edit: @ThatOneIceWing

Sorry if things have been overwhelming, but would you mind if Ponscill went over to talk to Capriccio and Circe? It can just be long enough for her to hear their names and be reassured that they're okay (or just the latter) if you like.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30 31