Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Element strengths and weaknesses
1 2 3
While battling in the Coliseum I noticed that my lightning attacks seem to do a lot more damage to ice enemies compared to others. I tried it again and it is not because of a critical hit.

So I'm wondering, do the elements have specific strengths and weaknesses against others?
What is your experience?
While battling in the Coliseum I noticed that my lightning attacks seem to do a lot more damage to ice enemies compared to others. I tried it again and it is not because of a critical hit.

So I'm wondering, do the elements have specific strengths and weaknesses against others?
What is your experience?
Every element has strengths and weakness.
For example Shadow takes high damage from Light.
Every element has strengths and weakness.
For example Shadow takes high damage from Light.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gifpw4DoZq.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif

3178.png9614.png17111.png26198.png38829.png44325.png
Oh so it is true. I never found any direct information about it or a chart which is stronger/weaker against which other element.
Oh so it is true. I never found any direct information about it or a chart which is stronger/weaker against which other element.
So far I've noticed that Shadow does extra damage to Fire, Wind and Ice. But deals reduced damage to Plague and I'm going to give an educated guess to Blood and Light too.
So far I've noticed that Shadow does extra damage to Fire, Wind and Ice. But deals reduced damage to Plague and I'm going to give an educated guess to Blood and Light too.
I saved this from beta that one of the testers was working on. [quote name="kiohl" date="2012-11-04 21:51:12"][img]http://www.kiohl.com/images/temp/FR/FR_S-W.jpg[/img] [b]Water:[/b] Weak to Lightning, Plague Strong against Fire, Earth Resistant to Water, Wind Resisted by Ice, Water Neutral to/from Light, Shadow, Arcane, Nature [b]Earth[/b] Weak to Water, Nature Strong against Lightning, Arcane Resistant to Earth, Fire Resisted by Earth, Wind Neutral to/from Ice, Plague, Shadow, Light [b]Shadow[/b] Weak to Arcane, Light Strong against Wind, Fire Resistant to Shadow, Ice Resisted by Shadow, Plague Neutral to/from Earth, Water, Lightning, Nature [b]Wind[/b] Weak to Shadow, Light Strong against Lightning, Arcane Resistant to Wind, Earth Resisted by Wind, Water Neutral to/from Ice, Nature, Plague, Fire [b]Light[/b] Weak to Nature, Fire?? Strong against Shadow, Wind Resistant to Light, Plague Resisted by Light, Lightning Neutral to/from Earth, Water, Ice, Arcane [b]Arcane[/b] Weak to Earth, Wind Strong against Shadow, Lightning Resistant to Arcane, ?? Resisted by Arcane, ?? Neutral to/from Light, Water, Ice, Fire [i]Unknown: Nature, Plague[/i] [edit] updated based on Undel's infos. ;) [edit2] Plague seems like it does extra damage. Still need to find the second resistance. [edit3] Starting to add Earth. [edit4] Put down near final stats for water. I'm not sure about the wind resistance, but I'm definitely not resisting Nature. Might have to recheck those other 3 under Neutral. [edit5] Starting Shadow. [edit6] Adding to Shadow. [edit7] Finishing Shadow, verified Water. [edit8] Finished Earth by process of elimination. [edit9] Fixed Shadow. :) ty Salv! [edit10] Starting Wind and Light. [edit11] Adding visual graph. [edit12] Finishing Wind by process of elimination. Graph not yet updated. Also thanks for sticky. :D [edit13] Adding Arcane and putting more info down for Light. [edit14] So confused. Earth resisted Arcane, but that would make 3 resistances. auuuuuuuugh [edit15] k something definitely changed. Arcane is SE vs. Arcane. Putting Not Sure for element vs. itself. Also changing this up and reviewing previous data. That text up there is no longer correct. [edit16] Too many changes currently going on with the Coliseum. I'll wait to update this after things settle down. :P [edit17] Adding a new version. Seems like elements are resisting themselves again! Some of this is still wrong though. Working on it.[/quote]
I saved this from beta that one of the testers was working on.
kiohl wrote on 2012-11-04 21:51:12:
FR_S-W.jpg

Water:
Weak to Lightning, Plague
Strong against Fire, Earth
Resistant to Water, Wind
Resisted by Ice, Water
Neutral to/from Light, Shadow, Arcane, Nature

Earth
Weak to Water, Nature
Strong against Lightning, Arcane
Resistant to Earth, Fire
Resisted by Earth, Wind
Neutral to/from Ice, Plague, Shadow, Light

Shadow
Weak to Arcane, Light
Strong against Wind, Fire
Resistant to Shadow, Ice
Resisted by Shadow, Plague
Neutral to/from Earth, Water, Lightning, Nature

Wind
Weak to Shadow, Light
Strong against Lightning, Arcane
Resistant to Wind, Earth
Resisted by Wind, Water
Neutral to/from Ice, Nature, Plague, Fire

Light
Weak to Nature, Fire??
Strong against Shadow, Wind
Resistant to Light, Plague
Resisted by Light, Lightning
Neutral to/from Earth, Water, Ice, Arcane

Arcane
Weak to Earth, Wind
Strong against Shadow, Lightning
Resistant to Arcane, ??
Resisted by Arcane, ??
Neutral to/from Light, Water, Ice, Fire
Unknown: Nature, Plague

[edit] updated based on Undel's infos. ;)
[edit2] Plague seems like it does extra damage. Still need to find the second resistance.
[edit3] Starting to add Earth.
[edit4] Put down near final stats for water. I'm not sure about the wind resistance, but I'm definitely not resisting Nature. Might have to recheck those other 3 under Neutral.
[edit5] Starting Shadow.
[edit6] Adding to Shadow.
[edit7] Finishing Shadow, verified Water.
[edit8] Finished Earth by process of elimination.
[edit9] Fixed Shadow. :) ty Salv!
[edit10] Starting Wind and Light.
[edit11] Adding visual graph.
[edit12] Finishing Wind by process of elimination. Graph not yet updated. Also thanks for sticky. :D
[edit13] Adding Arcane and putting more info down for Light.
[edit14] So confused. Earth resisted Arcane, but that would make 3 resistances. auuuuuuuugh
[edit15] k something definitely changed. Arcane is SE vs. Arcane. Putting Not Sure for element vs. itself. Also changing this up and reviewing previous data. That text up there is no longer correct.
[edit16] Too many changes currently going on with the Coliseum. I'll wait to update this after things settle down. :P
[edit17] Adding a new version. Seems like elements are resisting themselves again! Some of this is still wrong though. Working on it.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
If I may...

Light / Weak to Nature & Arcane

Arcane/ strong against Light & Shadow
Resistant to Lightning & Arcane
Deals low damage to (resisted by) Nature & Arcane

Should be accurate unless the admins changed something.
If I may...

Light / Weak to Nature & Arcane

Arcane/ strong against Light & Shadow
Resistant to Lightning & Arcane
Deals low damage to (resisted by) Nature & Arcane

Should be accurate unless the admins changed something.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gifpw4DoZq.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif

Just a quick correction to the Earth one.

From personal experience Earth does extra damage to Fire and Lightning, does half damage to Wind and other Earth. Earth also gets beat up by Nature.

I don't have an advantage to Arcane as it suggests.
Just a quick correction to the Earth one.

From personal experience Earth does extra damage to Fire and Lightning, does half damage to Wind and other Earth. Earth also gets beat up by Nature.

I don't have an advantage to Arcane as it suggests.
67851.png
It seems that there are three elements for "strong against".

The Resistant to element is the third one.
Ex. Shadow is resistant to Ice = therefore Shadow is strong against Ice.
This needs further testing and/or confirming.
It seems that there are three elements for "strong against".

The Resistant to element is the third one.
Ex. Shadow is resistant to Ice = therefore Shadow is strong against Ice.
This needs further testing and/or confirming.

There have been tweaks to the elemental chart since beta. This was posted on the reddit discussion by Thrage: [img]http://www.thrage.net/junk/elementChart.png[/img]
There have been tweaks to the elemental chart since beta.
This was posted on the reddit discussion by Thrage:
elementChart.png
Shining Light Store Selling dragons. Closed for now.
This is a chart Thrage gave us on Reddit that I put on my site.. also with general information from Eliskan: http://flightrisinglair.com/?page_id=15

..and yeah, its the same one Praeses put up there.
This is a chart Thrage gave us on Reddit that I put on my site.. also with general information from Eliskan: http://flightrisinglair.com/?page_id=15

..and yeah, its the same one Praeses put up there.
FR_Banners_Lightning_4_zpse7d8d130.png
1 2 3