Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | December Kindness Challenge
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26
So, uh... The appreciation messages for December 1st took me a lot longer than expected to write. Hopefully I can still post it and it's the thought that counts? ^^;

I'll begin with today's task:
Quote:
Dec. 2nd

Donate familiars to your Flight's Free/Trade Familiar Thread.
If your flight doesn't have a Free/Trade familiar thread, give some familiars to a newbie instead.

I've donated a few familiars to Nature's Familiar Swap. :)

And now for yesterday's:
Quote:
Dec. 1st

List 3 People you think make Flight Rising a better place. Tag them here and tell them why.

There are a lot more than three people I want to thank, but I'll just list the three who made the deepest impression. ^^

@DragonWolfie
You might not have been the one who started it, but organising and sending out Nature's seedling starter packs takes a lot of time and effort and you deserve all the credit for that. I think starter packs are one of the most thoughtful ways of welcoming newbies, so I'm very happy that you're there to show how much Nature cares for all the seedlings. :)

@DanceswithPlants
Your generosity, what with running monthly festival giveaways and keeping it up for nearly a year, is astounding. You're one of the people I look up to as a fellow gift-giver, and I'm so glad that I got the opportunity to volunteer in your events. Although I had thought about running giveaways on my own before I came across yours, I was too shy to do that, so you gave me a wonderful chance to help out without having to host the event myself (I know, I've been doing just that in the past two months. I've kind of gotten over it, but it's still thanks to you! XD).

You have made so many people happy by spreading all that festival cheer, and you've made my own experience on this site a lot more fun and meaningful. Thank you so much and good luck with school and your job! ^^

@Count
We're complete strangers and I've only ever seen you around on the forums - the Nature Forum especially - and Tumblr, but you're much more than a random FR player to me. You're the person who got me interested in dominance, for one! As an anticlimactic fact, I never really participated in dom because of RL schedule problems, but it still made me love FR and Nature Flight as a whole a lot more.

It started when I was going through some FR Tumblr blogs and dom-related threads in the Nature Forum, not really understanding why people were so excited over dom, but then I came across posts you made around the time of April's Nature vs Lightning battle.

It might have been because you put emphasis on Nature working as a community in dom, and co-operation and a sense of community are things I enjoy a lot, but either way, they somehow instantly showed me what the other sources didn't. They made me realise what dominance truly means, how people can be so invested in it and how it's much more than a simple "exalt the most dragons". In fact, there's so much to do when it comes to dom it feels like a second world on FR!

I didn't think I would care about dom when I first joined, but it really is such a great experience. Throughout my months of forum lurking, exalting by myself and staring in awe at dom raffles, I always felt more, well, connected to you than to the other dom leaders/organisers, although we've never even talked. I'll take this chance to thank you for everything you've done for Nature, as well as being an awesome person in general. :D You're one of these people I don't know but will never forget in my FR life, and your dedication in dom is quite inspiring and motivating. I'll miss you being here, but I hope you have fun over there in Plague!

(Good grief, this got long. o_o Sorry about that!)
So, uh... The appreciation messages for December 1st took me a lot longer than expected to write. Hopefully I can still post it and it's the thought that counts? ^^;

I'll begin with today's task:
Quote:
Dec. 2nd

Donate familiars to your Flight's Free/Trade Familiar Thread.
If your flight doesn't have a Free/Trade familiar thread, give some familiars to a newbie instead.

I've donated a few familiars to Nature's Familiar Swap. :)

And now for yesterday's:
Quote:
Dec. 1st

List 3 People you think make Flight Rising a better place. Tag them here and tell them why.

There are a lot more than three people I want to thank, but I'll just list the three who made the deepest impression. ^^

@DragonWolfie
You might not have been the one who started it, but organising and sending out Nature's seedling starter packs takes a lot of time and effort and you deserve all the credit for that. I think starter packs are one of the most thoughtful ways of welcoming newbies, so I'm very happy that you're there to show how much Nature cares for all the seedlings. :)

@DanceswithPlants
Your generosity, what with running monthly festival giveaways and keeping it up for nearly a year, is astounding. You're one of the people I look up to as a fellow gift-giver, and I'm so glad that I got the opportunity to volunteer in your events. Although I had thought about running giveaways on my own before I came across yours, I was too shy to do that, so you gave me a wonderful chance to help out without having to host the event myself (I know, I've been doing just that in the past two months. I've kind of gotten over it, but it's still thanks to you! XD).

You have made so many people happy by spreading all that festival cheer, and you've made my own experience on this site a lot more fun and meaningful. Thank you so much and good luck with school and your job! ^^

@Count
We're complete strangers and I've only ever seen you around on the forums - the Nature Forum especially - and Tumblr, but you're much more than a random FR player to me. You're the person who got me interested in dominance, for one! As an anticlimactic fact, I never really participated in dom because of RL schedule problems, but it still made me love FR and Nature Flight as a whole a lot more.

It started when I was going through some FR Tumblr blogs and dom-related threads in the Nature Forum, not really understanding why people were so excited over dom, but then I came across posts you made around the time of April's Nature vs Lightning battle.

It might have been because you put emphasis on Nature working as a community in dom, and co-operation and a sense of community are things I enjoy a lot, but either way, they somehow instantly showed me what the other sources didn't. They made me realise what dominance truly means, how people can be so invested in it and how it's much more than a simple "exalt the most dragons". In fact, there's so much to do when it comes to dom it feels like a second world on FR!

I didn't think I would care about dom when I first joined, but it really is such a great experience. Throughout my months of forum lurking, exalting by myself and staring in awe at dom raffles, I always felt more, well, connected to you than to the other dom leaders/organisers, although we've never even talked. I'll take this chance to thank you for everything you've done for Nature, as well as being an awesome person in general. :D You're one of these people I don't know but will never forget in my FR life, and your dedication in dom is quite inspiring and motivating. I'll miss you being here, but I hope you have fun over there in Plague!

(Good grief, this got long. o_o Sorry about that!)
12f620646ae33467d53df1af6bb488a2.pngfcc876176663430191b82cf261696157.png5ee6abad6905bdb5227e2966ccf44149.png47c60b2582e7b341c9ce20ce73f0327b.pngb614f68a5d4fcc59c3a928ca172fa140.png30ba2861b050d5e0d8c82f8879845129.png83fb7eadcf8a7ba24b10d3a0823d20b9.pngb8b5ec76e338c658323b50920df6bf28.png6f7d13d870a9a2ec40aff392ef0c0052.png6b7bd04138e86e7172c79f3df19740d8.png3926aa2923ca8fd245750c69500a26e2.png9804d22c15ce07a8a5b4f2e0fe16f309.pngd3a4798fbb19073ac392d0b522667804.gif
Day 3: Complete :D
Day 3: Complete :D
qvTNuJR.png
~May the wind forever be in your favour and may it always be at your back~

Australian | FR +19 | She/Her
candle-smol.png
@Mazarine Aw thanks :) I was lucky enough to be one of the first seedlings to receive a Starter Pack when I joined, so when the next registration window came around I knew I had to pay it forward and donated to and helped hand out packs; and all the windows after that too. When the previous owner decided to change flights and asked if I would take over, I was honoured to be trusted with such an important task.

I have some wonderful donors and helpers who make each registration window a success. I've thanked them in the thread and individually when they donate/volunteer, but if any of you are reading this, thanks guys :D

@Valyrie @Wingworm @sophkitty Thanks for helping to hand out the Starter Packs this registration window. You guys are the best :)

@Rauxel I want you to know how much I appreciate you taking the time to make the new colours ColourWheel. I always look forward to your pings :)
@Mazarine Aw thanks :) I was lucky enough to be one of the first seedlings to receive a Starter Pack when I joined, so when the next registration window came around I knew I had to pay it forward and donated to and helped hand out packs; and all the windows after that too. When the previous owner decided to change flights and asked if I would take over, I was honoured to be trusted with such an important task.

I have some wonderful donors and helpers who make each registration window a success. I've thanked them in the thread and individually when they donate/volunteer, but if any of you are reading this, thanks guys :D

@Valyrie @Wingworm @sophkitty Thanks for helping to hand out the Starter Packs this registration window. You guys are the best :)

@Rauxel I want you to know how much I appreciate you taking the time to make the new colours ColourWheel. I always look forward to your pings :)
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
Day three= complete!
Day three= complete!
4wPbTeZ.jpgSyCN2na.pngaM4Qu0f.gifOFrfPUV.pngSN6WNSw.png
@Slothie Day three kindness DONE!
@Slothie Day three kindness DONE!
Dec. 3rd
  • Participate in the Wishing Well thread here
Dec. 3rd
  • Participate in the Wishing Well thread here
sigie.png
That one was fun
That one was fun
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
Done! Fulfilled two wishes since one of them was ninja'd :3
Done! Fulfilled two wishes since one of them was ninja'd :3
KmnIjfw.png
Done as well! :D
Done as well! :D
tumblr_inline_nwaa38HCnH1rnmb7j_540.png
I sent someone some silver/gold muck (how'd I get so much omg) and a couple apparel items to transmute! I love that type of thread, I'm going to bookmark it since the Nature one moves soooo slowly sometimes.
I sent someone some silver/gold muck (how'd I get so much omg) and a couple apparel items to transmute! I love that type of thread, I'm going to bookmark it since the Nature one moves soooo slowly sometimes.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26