Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [RoR] Sornieth Infection Program (DONE)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
ping self @theravensheflys
ping self @theravensheflys
[quote=Signup Form] [b]Username:[/b] RunawayRossie [b]User id:[/b] 50189 [b]Disease(s) you want immunity against:[/b] All of them ^_^ (a+ job, they are so wicked!) [b]Availability FR Time:[/b] I'm not around during the day, EST (-3hrs fr time), on sundays; other than that I can pop in most of the time between 5 and 21:00 fr time if I know I'm needed. [b]Any other Notes:[/b]Nah
Signup Form wrote:
Username: RunawayRossie
User id: 50189
Disease(s) you want immunity against: All of them ^_^ (a+ job, they are so wicked!)
Availability FR Time: I'm not around during the day, EST (-3hrs fr time), on sundays; other than that I can pop in most of the time between 5 and 21:00 fr time if I know I'm needed.
Any other Notes:Nah
GGinHwO.png WPrI8nF.pngVFsOpVv.png
@Stanzascale It's meant to be /breath/ but it was a copy-paste from something else, and I did it around roll-over the night I bought the dragons (which is 2am for me), and have yet to fix it. I'll get around to it tomorrow or suchlike. Next time you catch me grammar-destroying something, please do not hesitate to PM me about it XD I always feel super stupid when that happens. onwards to questions! [quote]Is the whole thing (or any portion of it) agreed between clan leaders and Plague delegates? As I’m hoping to be able to write something for all of them, I’m happy for some to be expected and others not.[/quote] If you mean as a matter of the dragons, themselves... The diseases are spreading; they're not looking for 'permission', they're just sort of coming and infecting everyone. Your dragons "recover" after the carrier has moved on to the next lair. You can only host one of them at a time, so your clan will only be infected with one disease at a time. [quote]Will any disease-bringers travel alone, or will they all be mingling in random, relatively innocuous packs, or ones which will have been highlighted by the delegate at the conference arranging this (assuming such occurs)? [/quote] They will all travel alone and with no regard for each other. They may strike where others have been, or where no one has been. They are coming, spreading their infection, and then leaving; leaving only the strong to survive in their wake. [quote]Would clans be able to hear word of one of the epidemics’ spread before it reaches them?[/quote] They may! This is up to you. (They may hear, for example, of a deadly virus / infection / plague spreading to nearby clans, carried by a frightful-looking mirror.... for example.) But it is not required. It's a visitor-at-ones-doorstep situation. [quote]Would it be permissible to use columns instead of [ right ]? [/quote] You must use the format given------ However,!!!!!--- if you wanted to put the lore in one column and the right aligned text in another, like this: [code] [column] lore goes here [nextcol] [right][sub] FLIGHT #useridnumber user name [url=]imgur or tinypic screen cap of lair with dragon[/url] [/sub][/right][/code] This would be acceptable. :D [quote]Is there a particular word limit?[/quote] While there is not a set specific word limit, I would recommend keeping your entries in the diseaesed dragon's bio's to no more than 1500 words or five paragraphs, whichever is the lesser word-cound wise. I do however encourage linking to other dragons mentioned in interactions, as such that you can expand your lore in your own dragons' bios. [quote]Would I be permitted to ask questions about the diseases (like which is most likely to spread at a party and which at a communal meal) or is that just laziness on my part (as in, I should just research myself)?[/quote] Please do ask! I will be more than happy to draft you up some data in the morning :D (I'm super tired, long day!) I don't think it's lazy at all to ask!
@Stanzascale It's meant to be /breath/ but it was a copy-paste from something else, and I did it around roll-over the night I bought the dragons (which is 2am for me), and have yet to fix it. I'll get around to it tomorrow or suchlike. Next time you catch me grammar-destroying something, please do not hesitate to PM me about it XD I always feel super stupid when that happens.

onwards to questions!
Quote:
Is the whole thing (or any portion of it) agreed between clan leaders and Plague delegates? As I’m hoping to be able to write something for all of them, I’m happy for some to be expected and others not.
If you mean as a matter of the dragons, themselves...
The diseases are spreading; they're not looking for 'permission', they're just sort of coming and infecting everyone. Your dragons "recover" after the carrier has moved on to the next lair. You can only host one of them at a time, so your clan will only be infected with one disease at a time.
Quote:
Will any disease-bringers travel alone, or will they all be mingling in random, relatively innocuous packs, or ones which will have been highlighted by the delegate at the conference arranging this (assuming such occurs)?
They will all travel alone and with no regard for each other. They may strike where others have been, or where no one has been. They are coming, spreading their infection, and then leaving; leaving only the strong to survive in their wake.

Quote:
Would clans be able to hear word of one of the epidemics’ spread before it reaches them?

They may! This is up to you. (They may hear, for example, of a deadly virus / infection / plague spreading to nearby clans, carried by a frightful-looking mirror.... for example.) But it is not required. It's a visitor-at-ones-doorstep situation.
Quote:
Would it be permissible to use columns instead of [ right ]?
You must use the format given
However,!!!!!--- if you wanted to put the lore in one column and the right aligned text in another, like this:
Code:
[column] lore goes here [nextcol] [right][sub] FLIGHT #useridnumber user name [url=]imgur or tinypic screen cap of lair with dragon[/url] [/sub][/right]
This would be acceptable. :D
Quote:
Is there a particular word limit?
While there is not a set specific word limit, I would recommend keeping your entries in the diseaesed dragon's bio's to no more than 1500 words or five paragraphs, whichever is the lesser word-cound wise. I do however encourage linking to other dragons mentioned in interactions, as such that you can expand your lore in your own dragons' bios.
Quote:
Would I be permitted to ask questions about the diseases (like which is most likely to spread at a party and which at a communal meal) or is that just laziness on my part (as in, I should just research myself)?
Please do ask! I will be more than happy to draft you up some data in the morning :D (I'm super tired, long day!) I don't think it's lazy at all to ask!

napipiK.gif x pK4NVKa.png x
L2CSSHu.gif
x
@GreylightS Tinypic and Imgur are both free to use, and tinypic does not require a log in (it's optional!) to use its services. This step is required to prove that the dragon has been in your lair. Your screen cap should look like this: [img]http://i.imgur.com/gvHjmMi.png[/img] Also, I just realized in uploading that, that you don't have to have an imgur account to use their services, either. :D So win-win there. Your cap should include - the dragon you'e proving was there - your full user name So if I were to add a bio entry to a dragon this is how it would go: [size=5]T[/size]he coming of the black death was not expected at Privedeniyami. They were busy preparing for the Riot of Rot and other festivities when they realized something... dark... was headed for the clan. Uncomfortable though it was, and horrific for those who found themselves sick--- they banded together until they showed the dark mirror off to spread her infection upon the next set of unsuspecting souls. [right][sub] PLAGUE #121774 Ghostgirl32 [url=http://i.imgur.com/gvHjmMi.png]imgur screen cap of lair with dragon[/url] [/sub][/right]'' and to be honest i just fell asleep at my keyboard. Please ask more questions if I'm not being clear <3
@GreylightS

Tinypic and Imgur are both free to use, and tinypic does not require a log in (it's optional!) to use its services. This step is required to prove that the dragon has been in your lair. Your screen cap should look like this:

gvHjmMi.png
Also, I just realized in uploading that, that you don't have to have an imgur account to use their services, either. :D So win-win there.

Your cap should include
- the dragon you'e proving was there
- your full user name

So if I were to add a bio entry to a dragon this is how it would go:

The coming of the black death was not expected at Privedeniyami. They were busy preparing for the Riot of Rot and other festivities when they realized something... dark... was headed for the clan. Uncomfortable though it was, and horrific for those who found themselves sick--- they banded together until they showed the dark mirror off to spread her infection upon the next set of unsuspecting souls.

PLAGUE
Ghostgirl32
imgur screen cap of lair with dragon
''

and to be honest i just fell asleep at my keyboard. Please ask more questions if I'm not being clear <3
L2CSSHu.gif
x
@GreylightS

I've never needed an account to use tinypic either, so I think both work? 0.o

@Kalhalla @GhostGirl32

Yup, the new column format was pretty much what I would have thought to try.

Hm, it would take something quite significant to pass 1500 words (but that would not be in only five paragraphs...that is mindboggling to imagine). I was thinking of asking whether I should just briefly describe the visit itself in the visitor's bio and ping whoever's interested with a link to the 'full-story' once uploaded, or leave the link in the bio.

Huh, your example there gives me the thought of IC-setting one during the quarantine for the event that has the most complete draft at this time. For some reason I was assuming that they all had to have the chance to infect everyone to spread immunity or something.

Admittedly, I'm a bit shy of killing off characters? XD As in, after seeing the part about 'leaving only the strong to survive in their wake.'
So I guess those example questions are not a bad place to start: which would be most fitting to have spread at a party or at a communal meal? (I briefly looked up toxoplasmosis as one of the ones I was wholly unfamiliar with, and, given your example which involves clan-wide infection being avoided, I'm figuring about the clan chef defending the food he prepares to the death. XD)
Lexically speaking, which of them count as 'contagions' (spread via contact according to wikipedia)?

Gangrene was one that surprised me to see chosen, as I wasn't aware it was 'infectious' per se. However, I can imagine a hunting party being attacked by a passerby. Is it permissible to use magic/potions to help regenerate a severed limb (over a lengthy period of recuperation)? Would it be permissible for it to seem that just one is affected (looking up dermatitis) by the affliction carried by a visitor, who leaves the same day?

I admit that from looking up diseases which are known to specifically affect skin, I'm not sure how this would translate to a more scaly race (though there are a number of breeds who I am uncertain about with regards to whether they're scaly/feathery/furred/something).

I could PM you (GhostGirl32, thank you for your efforts. Please make sure you get enough sleep. ^^;) with the draft for the IC first outbreak to hit the clan, which to me is currently generic enough (in terms of symptoms) to potentially pertain to dragon flu, the pneunomic plague (though I had an idea that the one who'd survived gangrene did research over her time out of action and started speaking of 'the sign of three'...perhaps burning cloths would help, the clothier will be most distressed), tuberculosis or (going by my brief look at the wikipedia page, though an idea has already been given) toxoplasmosis.
...It concerns me how many of these have 'prevention' and 'management' rather than 'treatment' given. Though I can see the potential lore-development interest in giving a character a permanent issue, I think. I admit I did that when I developed the character I have heading for the Wyrmwound.
@GreylightS

I've never needed an account to use tinypic either, so I think both work? 0.o

@Kalhalla @GhostGirl32

Yup, the new column format was pretty much what I would have thought to try.

Hm, it would take something quite significant to pass 1500 words (but that would not be in only five paragraphs...that is mindboggling to imagine). I was thinking of asking whether I should just briefly describe the visit itself in the visitor's bio and ping whoever's interested with a link to the 'full-story' once uploaded, or leave the link in the bio.

Huh, your example there gives me the thought of IC-setting one during the quarantine for the event that has the most complete draft at this time. For some reason I was assuming that they all had to have the chance to infect everyone to spread immunity or something.

Admittedly, I'm a bit shy of killing off characters? XD As in, after seeing the part about 'leaving only the strong to survive in their wake.'
So I guess those example questions are not a bad place to start: which would be most fitting to have spread at a party or at a communal meal? (I briefly looked up toxoplasmosis as one of the ones I was wholly unfamiliar with, and, given your example which involves clan-wide infection being avoided, I'm figuring about the clan chef defending the food he prepares to the death. XD)
Lexically speaking, which of them count as 'contagions' (spread via contact according to wikipedia)?

Gangrene was one that surprised me to see chosen, as I wasn't aware it was 'infectious' per se. However, I can imagine a hunting party being attacked by a passerby. Is it permissible to use magic/potions to help regenerate a severed limb (over a lengthy period of recuperation)? Would it be permissible for it to seem that just one is affected (looking up dermatitis) by the affliction carried by a visitor, who leaves the same day?

I admit that from looking up diseases which are known to specifically affect skin, I'm not sure how this would translate to a more scaly race (though there are a number of breeds who I am uncertain about with regards to whether they're scaly/feathery/furred/something).

I could PM you (GhostGirl32, thank you for your efforts. Please make sure you get enough sleep. ^^;) with the draft for the IC first outbreak to hit the clan, which to me is currently generic enough (in terms of symptoms) to potentially pertain to dragon flu, the pneunomic plague (though I had an idea that the one who'd survived gangrene did research over her time out of action and started speaking of 'the sign of three'...perhaps burning cloths would help, the clothier will be most distressed), tuberculosis or (going by my brief look at the wikipedia page, though an idea has already been given) toxoplasmosis.
...It concerns me how many of these have 'prevention' and 'management' rather than 'treatment' given. Though I can see the potential lore-development interest in giving a character a permanent issue, I think. I admit I did that when I developed the character I have heading for the Wyrmwound.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@ghostgirl32 [quote=Signup Form] [b]Username:[/b] KittenFromHell [b]User id:[/b]127305 [b]Disease(s) you want immunity against:[/b] All of them [b]Availability FR Time:[/b] Monday-Wednesday and Friday-Saturday (19:00- 00:00) [b]Any other Notes:[/b] I will not be available on Sunday or Thursday!
@ghostgirl32
Signup Form wrote:
Username: KittenFromHell
User id:127305
Disease(s) you want immunity against: All of them
Availability FR Time: Monday-Wednesday and Friday-Saturday (19:00- 00:00)
Any other Notes: I will not be available on Sunday or Thursday!
tumblr_m7jfpbfRgR1r5fie0.gif
@kalhalla @Ghostgirl32 [quote=Signup Form] [b]Username:[/b] Esino [b]User id:[/b]48398 [b]Disease(s) you want immunity against:[/b] ALL THE DISEASES!! [b]Availability FR Time:[/b] (eg. 14:00-20:00 M-F) Varies so greatly by day. [b]Any other Notes:[/b] This looks like so much fun!
@kalhalla @Ghostgirl32
Signup Form wrote:
Username: Esino
User id:48398
Disease(s) you want immunity against: ALL THE DISEASES!!
Availability FR Time: (eg. 14:00-20:00 M-F) Varies so greatly by day.
Any other Notes: This looks like so much fun!
tXDnz21.pngglassangelbreederbadge1_by_adder_snake_bite-d9ckcjb.png
@Stanzascale What drew me to this idea when I read the DR post on which it was based was the light lore (mostly not written out yet) I compiled for a [s]cow[/s] female imp named Beemster. She is an older dragon who was given to be as a gift by someone clean-slating their account. She was ir-shim-smoke, and while I absolute adored her... they had JUST come out with piebald and paint. So I changed her name... and having been saving for an accent which then took a huge price jump, I bought the genes instead and slapped them on her. I decided she had Cow Flu. Re-named her to Beemster (a brand of amazing dutch cheese). bred her with a noc with similar colors. XXY babies galore. Absolutely fabulous. Basically cow flu makes you break out in white patches.... viola, new gene explained! [quote] Hm, it would take something quite significant to pass 1500 words (but that would not be in only five paragraphs...that is mindboggling to imagine).[/quote] Just depends on the kind of writer a person is, I think. :D If I really wanted to that's only about an hour of typing for me (1500 words). [quote]I was thinking of asking whether I should just briefly describe the visit itself in the visitor's bio and ping whoever's interested with a link to the 'full-story' once uploaded, or leave the link in the bio.[/quote] I'd throw up the link to another dragon, with 'the rest of the story' absolutely, yes, if you felt it was too long to have all in the bio of the passing dragon, yes. The idea is that you can if you wish build on your own clan's lore through the infection spreading, ebbing, and tolerance gained. [quote]Huh, your example there gives me the thought of IC-setting one during the quarantine for the event that has the most complete draft at this time. For some reason I was assuming that they all had to have the chance to infect everyone to spread immunity or something.[/quote] One of the areas in Plague is called the Wandering Contagion. I think that's where these dragons were born from-- (@Kalhalla, what do you think? rather than surfacing from the wyrmwound itself). They wander. They infect. They spread. They destroy. They move on. I run Baba Yaga's Hut and we had a 3-paragraph lore-buidling based on the shade plague that's striking Sornieth, and I think that these diseases may be seen on top of that terror. Everything is in Chaos--and Plague is doing their best to heal the lands. [quote]Admittedly, I'm a bit shy of killing off characters? XD As in, after seeing the part about 'leaving only the strong to survive in their wake.'[/quote] No need to kill anyone! If you intend to kill off / find it required in the lore personally, have NPCs be who/what die off, rather than serious/important characters. IMHO that'll be the best way to handle that. It's great for a lair cleanout, or if you're level-and-exalting, look at your exaltees as those lost to the infections. :D [quote]So I guess those example questions are not a bad place to start: which would be most fitting to have spread at a party or at a communal meal? (I briefly looked up toxoplasmosis as one of the ones I was wholly unfamiliar with, and, given your example which involves clan-wide infection being avoided, I'm figuring about the clan chef defending the food he prepares to the death. XD) Lexically speaking, which of them count as 'contagions' (spread via contact according to wikipedia)?[/quote] Dragons possess a very different way of being infected from humans as you will read in Wikipedia. All of these diseases are to be considered mutated from what is known on earth and contagious to dragonkind of sornieth. [quote]Gangrene was one that surprised me to see chosen, as I wasn't aware it was 'infectious' per se. However, I can imagine a hunting party being attacked by a passerby. Is it permissible to use magic/potions to help regenerate a severed limb (over a lengthy period of recuperation)? Would it be permissible for it to seem that just one is affected (looking up dermatitis) by the affliction carried by a visitor, who leaves the same day?[/quote] There's no need to mutilate your dragons to infect them. Spit, snot, and ooze are likely the cause; just touch-contact and bam, infected. Because these diseases are mutated and come from Plague lands, where such mutations are common, you don't have to worry about a traditional method of infection. Some may even have mutated to be airborne from simply inhaling the breath of infected dragons. [quote]I admit that from looking up diseases which are known to specifically affect skin, I'm not sure how this would translate to a more scaly race (though there are a number of breeds who I am uncertain about with regards to whether they're scaly/feathery/furred/something).[/quote] Here's a real life example of cross-species reaction to something: A person with food allergies will wind up with anaphylactic shock; and with a food sensitivity, will have their intestines feeling like they were ripped apart as their stomach does not produce the enzymes to break down that food's protein. A dog with food allergies will break out into a swollen rash all over their body for such an allergy. (I had a dog that was allergic to everything)-- In fact, almost every single allergy my dog had, would show on his skin. He didn't sneeze or have runny eyes (though sometimes, they were swollen, from the skin's reaction on his face.) Up until the point they started giving him seizures when he got much older. Different species have different reactions to disease in a similar manner; or at least have that capacity. So when you're looking at how this affects dragonkind, remember that it is different in this way. As specifically for how dermatitis looks on different types of skin... think about how mange appears on various species; furry creatures get a bad flaky rash, birds go into a molt cycle, scales on a snake get extremely inflamed. [quote]I could PM you (GhostGirl32, thank you for your efforts. Please make sure you get enough sleep. ^^;) with the draft for the IC first outbreak to hit the clan, which to me is currently generic enough (in terms of symptoms) to potentially pertain to dragon flu, the pneunomic plague (though I had an idea that the one who'd survived gangrene did research over her time out of action and started speaking of 'the sign of three'...perhaps burning cloths would help, the clothier will be most distressed), tuberculosis or (going by my brief look at the wikipedia page, though an idea has already been given) toxoplasmosis.[/quote] I am certainly working on it (getting enough sleep) thank you XD Feel free to PM me, but trust in that I am sure your lore will be fantastic and epic!! We're working in a fictional world, where almost anything is possible. [quote]...It concerns me how many of these have 'prevention' and 'management' rather than 'treatment' given. Though I can see the potential lore-development interest in giving a character a permanent issue, I think. I admit I did that when I developed the character I have heading for the Wyrmwound.[/quote] ehehehehehe I chose diseases more for their potential effects than anything else when I made the list to share with Kalhalla. The good thing about these diseases is that once it's been in your lair, your clan gains immunity (meaning they do recover). The immunity is a plague blessing, likely caused by the bit of whatever it is that each plague dragon is carrying that makes them so extremely contagious.
@Stanzascale
What drew me to this idea when I read the DR post on which it was based was the light lore (mostly not written out yet) I compiled for a cow female imp named Beemster. She is an older dragon who was given to be as a gift by someone clean-slating their account. She was ir-shim-smoke, and while I absolute adored her... they had JUST come out with piebald and paint. So I changed her name... and having been saving for an accent which then took a huge price jump, I bought the genes instead and slapped them on her. I decided she had Cow Flu. Re-named her to Beemster (a brand of amazing dutch cheese). bred her with a noc with similar colors. XXY babies galore. Absolutely fabulous. Basically cow flu makes you break out in white patches.... viola, new gene explained!
Quote:
Hm, it would take something quite significant to pass 1500 words (but that would not be in only five paragraphs...that is mindboggling to imagine).
Just depends on the kind of writer a person is, I think. :D If I really wanted to that's only about an hour of typing for me (1500 words).
Quote:
I was thinking of asking whether I should just briefly describe the visit itself in the visitor's bio and ping whoever's interested with a link to the 'full-story' once uploaded, or leave the link in the bio.
I'd throw up the link to another dragon, with 'the rest of the story' absolutely, yes, if you felt it was too long to have all in the bio of the passing dragon, yes. The idea is that you can if you wish build on your own clan's lore through the infection spreading, ebbing, and tolerance gained.
Quote:
One of the areas in Plague is called the Wandering Contagion. I think that's where these dragons were born from-- (@Kalhalla, what do you think? rather than surfacing from the wyrmwound itself). They wander. They infect. They spread. They destroy. They move on. I run Baba Yaga's Hut and we had a 3-paragraph lore-buidling based on the shade plague that's striking Sornieth, and I think that these diseases may be seen on top of that terror. Everything is in Chaos--and Plague is doing their best to heal the lands.
Quote:
No need to kill anyone! If you intend to kill off / find it required in the lore personally, have NPCs be who/what die off, rather than serious/important characters. IMHO that'll be the best way to handle that. It's great for a lair cleanout, or if you're level-and-exalting, look at your exaltees as those lost to the infections. :D

Quote:
Dragons possess a very different way of being infected from humans as you will read in Wikipedia.
All of these diseases are to be considered mutated from what is known on earth and contagious to dragonkind of sornieth.
Quote:
There's no need to mutilate your dragons to infect them. Spit, snot, and ooze are likely the cause; just touch-contact and bam, infected. Because these diseases are mutated and come from Plague lands, where such mutations are common, you don't have to worry about a traditional method of infection. Some may even have mutated to be airborne from simply inhaling the breath of infected dragons.
Quote:
Here's a real life example of cross-species reaction to something:
A person with food allergies will wind up with anaphylactic shock; and with a food sensitivity, will have their intestines feeling like they were ripped apart as their stomach does not produce the enzymes to break down that food's protein.

A dog with food allergies will break out into a swollen rash all over their body for such an allergy. (I had a dog that was allergic to everything)-- In fact, almost every single allergy my dog had, would show on his skin. He didn't sneeze or have runny eyes (though sometimes, they were swollen, from the skin's reaction on his face.) Up until the point they started giving him seizures when he got much older.

Different species have different reactions to disease in a similar manner; or at least have that capacity. So when you're looking at how this affects dragonkind, remember that it is different in this way.

As specifically for how dermatitis looks on different types of skin... think about how mange appears on various species; furry creatures get a bad flaky rash, birds go into a molt cycle, scales on a snake get extremely inflamed.
Quote:
I am certainly working on it (getting enough sleep) thank you XD Feel free to PM me, but trust in that I am sure your lore will be fantastic and epic!! We're working in a fictional world, where almost anything is possible.
Quote:

ehehehehehe I chose diseases more for their potential effects than anything else when I made the list to share with Kalhalla. The good thing about these diseases is that once it's been in your lair, your clan gains immunity (meaning they do recover). The immunity is a plague blessing, likely caused by the bit of whatever it is that each plague dragon is carrying that makes them so extremely contagious.
L2CSSHu.gif
x
@Kalhalla @GhostGirl32

I'll observe I'm more likely to use deviantArt, as I tend to make a dragon's bio focussed on them (with the exception of those which have OOC sections for notes/lists/records)...though you've given me a thought for a storyteller character. I mean I have one who's waiting for the Wildclaw gene-scroll to cycle back in who hasn't a great deal of development done. Ah, that would be cool, having a tense/dramatic snippet every month. An excuse to hack at some WIPs.

You can tell I'm not an epidemiologist. XD
Wow.
I've sent a query to a friend who has garnered a fair deal of reptile knowledge (uh, they also keep pet cats which could help too? I remember one of Undel's books said about dragons being some mixture of bird, lizard and cat.). But yes, any information you can offer at your convenience about what these diseases will probably be like would be greatly appreciated. I must have missed something on the symptoms front, or coughing is just that common a one, as that's the one present in the draft for the first outbreak which I have yet to determine the disease it is most fitting to pertain to. Attempts at treatment in the current draft for the first outbreak involve getting some baths (from the bath-house under construction) useable, bundling up, keeping the place as clean as possible and alchemy shenanigans.

Nice to know about the flexibility with regard to cause of infection. My layperson's awareness of gangrene associates it with dismemberment amputation, and partly the interest in inflicting it on a clan-member was that the dragon in question is a fiercely competitive clan-hunter eager to prove her might with the advantage of a Plague dragon's immunue system.
So, 'yes, we get that you're a keen hunter; a big strong Imperial with a hardy immune system, but by the Pillar you've just lost a limb! So no, no hunting or guard duty.' Though the most verbose dragon of the lair may get the opportunity to use the word 'debridement'. The medic who likes dolls could probably make an attempt at something like that...Okay, unless slow limb-regeneration-via-magic-and-alchemy-shenanigans is ill-advised, heh.
And she has yet to justify her presence in a Light clan with much research/learning, so it seems a good opportunity to amend that a touch. (Plus having a heads-up about the Black Death will help with spotting and quashing symptoms early on.)

Hm, on the treatment front, is blood-letting likely to be effective (or even simply rumoured to be, some clan-members have little qualms about 'experimentation'.)?
@Kalhalla @GhostGirl32

I'll observe I'm more likely to use deviantArt, as I tend to make a dragon's bio focussed on them (with the exception of those which have OOC sections for notes/lists/records)...though you've given me a thought for a storyteller character. I mean I have one who's waiting for the Wildclaw gene-scroll to cycle back in who hasn't a great deal of development done. Ah, that would be cool, having a tense/dramatic snippet every month. An excuse to hack at some WIPs.

You can tell I'm not an epidemiologist. XD
Wow.
I've sent a query to a friend who has garnered a fair deal of reptile knowledge (uh, they also keep pet cats which could help too? I remember one of Undel's books said about dragons being some mixture of bird, lizard and cat.). But yes, any information you can offer at your convenience about what these diseases will probably be like would be greatly appreciated. I must have missed something on the symptoms front, or coughing is just that common a one, as that's the one present in the draft for the first outbreak which I have yet to determine the disease it is most fitting to pertain to. Attempts at treatment in the current draft for the first outbreak involve getting some baths (from the bath-house under construction) useable, bundling up, keeping the place as clean as possible and alchemy shenanigans.

Nice to know about the flexibility with regard to cause of infection. My layperson's awareness of gangrene associates it with dismemberment amputation, and partly the interest in inflicting it on a clan-member was that the dragon in question is a fiercely competitive clan-hunter eager to prove her might with the advantage of a Plague dragon's immunue system.
So, 'yes, we get that you're a keen hunter; a big strong Imperial with a hardy immune system, but by the Pillar you've just lost a limb! So no, no hunting or guard duty.' Though the most verbose dragon of the lair may get the opportunity to use the word 'debridement'. The medic who likes dolls could probably make an attempt at something like that...Okay, unless slow limb-regeneration-via-magic-and-alchemy-shenanigans is ill-advised, heh.
And she has yet to justify her presence in a Light clan with much research/learning, so it seems a good opportunity to amend that a touch. (Plus having a heads-up about the Black Death will help with spotting and quashing symptoms early on.)

Hm, on the treatment front, is blood-letting likely to be effective (or even simply rumoured to be, some clan-members have little qualms about 'experimentation'.)?
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
I wound up incredibly ill yesterday (thanks Plaguemom :P) and slept for like 30 hours... yikes! I am at work right now but will be home in about 2 hours and will go through all of the pings that I have and the posts here to get answers to you all and schedule passes.

I am SO VERY SORRY to leave so many people hanging!
I wound up incredibly ill yesterday (thanks Plaguemom :P) and slept for like 30 hours... yikes! I am at work right now but will be home in about 2 hours and will go through all of the pings that I have and the posts here to get answers to you all and schedule passes.

I am SO VERY SORRY to leave so many people hanging!
wzRAAhQ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42