Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How did the deities react when they came
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
I mean, imagine if you were a magical being that just "appeared" on a magical planet, or did the gods just somehow KNOW what to do?

Did they start out large? Did they know how to fly?
I mean, imagine if you were a magical being that just "appeared" on a magical planet, or did the gods just somehow KNOW what to do?

Did they start out large? Did they know how to fly?
21hme.gif
Wk32Y.gif
6nCzq.gif
anvUr.gif
They're literally the personification of the elements themselves, so I assume their consciousnesses slowly arose, and then they just did whatever their elements naturally do I guess.

The later ones probably learned what to do more quickly with the others as examples, I'd guess.

dat title tho
They're literally the personification of the elements themselves, so I assume their consciousnesses slowly arose, and then they just did whatever their elements naturally do I guess.

The later ones probably learned what to do more quickly with the others as examples, I'd guess.

dat title tho
e4TvxbF.gifn0skEd8.png
Ngl, when I first read the title...

I have no idea though. Maybe the deities came to be through the work of the world itself and recreated in the same manner to make other dragons in their image.

Or something like that. That probably made no sense.

Like maybe the mountains shifted together during earthquakes, and over time they gained consciousness ala Earthshaker.
Ngl, when I first read the title...

I have no idea though. Maybe the deities came to be through the work of the world itself and recreated in the same manner to make other dragons in their image.

Or something like that. That probably made no sense.

Like maybe the mountains shifted together during earthquakes, and over time they gained consciousness ala Earthshaker.
72374610.png FoHUc9c.png
XGkYzjm.png
yHOcO3G.png
58T08n9.png
This is something I've been very interested in knowing. The deities were the first things to be alive on Sornieth. I want to know what their first few moments of true sentience was like. More importantly, I want to know how the reacted to seeing another living being for the first time. How did they find out that they were gods?
This is something I've been very interested in knowing. The deities were the first things to be alive on Sornieth. I want to know what their first few moments of true sentience was like. More importantly, I want to know how the reacted to seeing another living being for the first time. How did they find out that they were gods?
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
I guess I could ask this on the QNA, I would love to see the mods answer to these questions.
I guess I could ask this on the QNA, I would love to see the mods answer to these questions.
21hme.gif
Wk32Y.gif
6nCzq.gif
anvUr.gif
what an unfortunate place for the thread title limit to cut off
what an unfortunate place for the thread title limit to cut off
the title though
the title though
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
I read it wrong oops
I read it wrong oops
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx food_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.gif let's go stargazing on the rooftops
+wishlist /
tumblr / cs / lair reviews
dm me abt anything, i love chatting
Not sure about the First Four - from the Lore it looks as though they slowly came into being, absorbing different magics and then decided 'hey let's build a planet'. As for the others though... The Second Four were all created from the wars between the First Four. [quote]The cataclysmic energy created by their relentless attacks made the clouds themselves swell with anger. It was not long until the charged mass expelled a horrendous cascade of electric tempests, as well as a frustrated drake-shaped anomaly.[/quote] [quote] This brash action blotted out the sun, plunging the southern hemisphere into an impenetrable darkness, causing a chill that the world had never experienced. Unbeknownst to the combatants, an isolated island on the bottom of the world began to freeze over, frigid ice sheets expanding their size at a rapid pace. [/quote] [quote]As the four clashed, the magic essences that were kicked up during the day hovered high in the sky, baking in the sunlight. They soon coalesced into their own bright deity. The Lightweaver had only just come into existence, and was already annoyed by the violence that smashed across the realm. Similarly, the night-gripped half of the planet materialized its own unstable energies into the Shadowbinder, a slithery calculating dragon, who peeked at the confrontations from deep, dark pockets in the land, judging each of the others as they tumbled and ruined what they had spent an eternity building. [/quote] Basically looks as though they were instantly aware that 'this is a place, I am a thing, and THESE OLD GUYS NEED TO SHUT UP'. The Final Three are different again. [quote]The rampant regrowth began to take on the guise of a colossal figure. Tree branches and leaves strained and twisted together into four thick, bark-covered stumps. A leafy canopy connected the four towers, until the burgeoning garden had materialized into a distinguishable silhouette. There was no mistaking what had been created: a wyrm of boundless potential, birthed from the leaves and the grass and the moss. The Gladekeeper had grown out of the ashes.[/quote] [quote]Within time, the contamination had taken on a ghastly shape. It haunted the land in the form of a spectral drake, gnarled with veins, pustules and sharpened bone. This harbinger -the Plaguebringer- tested the worth of every sign of regrowth as she scoured over the surface of the realm, leaving behind a frightening scarred wasteland.[/quote] And the life/death twins had no other gods to watch, so it was probably 'this is a place, I am a thing. THAT OVER THERE IS A DIFFERENT THING I DON'T LIKE IT' with them. [quote]The first few moments of his existence were sluggish, confusing. Several days passed before he could even unwrap himself from the coiled position that had ushered him into the devastated world. He extended one of his large outer wings, tentatively testing its soundness. He then peeled away the other, wobbling awkwardly. Frightened at the sudden temperature change, he collapsed both wings, huddling and shivering. Perhaps tomorrow.[/quote] Lastly, of course, the Arcanist had no flipping clue.
Not sure about the First Four - from the Lore it looks as though they slowly came into being, absorbing different magics and then decided 'hey let's build a planet'.

As for the others though...

The Second Four were all created from the wars between the First Four.
Quote:
The cataclysmic energy created by their relentless attacks made the clouds themselves swell with anger. It was not long until the charged mass expelled a horrendous cascade of electric tempests, as well as a frustrated drake-shaped anomaly.
Quote:
This brash action blotted out the sun, plunging the southern hemisphere into an impenetrable darkness, causing a chill that the world had never experienced. Unbeknownst to the combatants, an isolated island on the bottom of the world began to freeze over, frigid ice sheets expanding their size at a rapid pace.
Quote:
As the four clashed, the magic essences that were kicked up during the day hovered high in the sky, baking in the sunlight. They soon coalesced into their own bright deity. The Lightweaver had only just come into existence, and was already annoyed by the violence that smashed across the realm. Similarly, the night-gripped half of the planet materialized its own unstable energies into the Shadowbinder, a slithery calculating dragon, who peeked at the confrontations from deep, dark pockets in the land, judging each of the others as they tumbled and ruined what they had spent an eternity building.

Basically looks as though they were instantly aware that 'this is a place, I am a thing, and THESE OLD GUYS NEED TO SHUT UP'.

The Final Three are different again.
Quote:
The rampant regrowth began to take on the guise of a colossal figure. Tree branches and leaves strained and twisted together into four thick, bark-covered stumps. A leafy canopy connected the four towers, until the burgeoning garden had materialized into a distinguishable silhouette. There was no mistaking what had been created: a wyrm of boundless potential, birthed from the leaves and the grass and the moss. The Gladekeeper had grown out of the ashes.
Quote:
Within time, the contamination had taken on a ghastly shape. It haunted the land in the form of a spectral drake, gnarled with veins, pustules and sharpened bone. This harbinger -the Plaguebringer- tested the worth of every sign of regrowth as she scoured over the surface of the realm, leaving behind a frightening scarred wasteland.

And the life/death twins had no other gods to watch, so it was probably 'this is a place, I am a thing. THAT OVER THERE IS A DIFFERENT THING I DON'T LIKE IT' with them.
Quote:
The first few moments of his existence were sluggish, confusing. Several days passed before he could even unwrap himself from the coiled position that had ushered him into the devastated world. He extended one of his large outer wings, tentatively testing its soundness. He then peeled away the other, wobbling awkwardly. Frightened at the sudden temperature change, he collapsed both wings, huddling and shivering. Perhaps tomorrow.
Lastly, of course, the Arcanist had no flipping clue.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee

my mind needs to be cleansed.

Cobwebs in there.

my mind needs to be cleansed.

Cobwebs in there.
heynwcJ.pngM4kaT9Y.png OTY64LS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28