Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Should Light host Battle Royale 2015?
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
@Everynne
I apologize if my tone came off condescending; it wasn't what I intended at all, and I hope now that we have clarified that the intention was for MMC to be closed during Battle Royale that may help a little more.

@DeadlyInformant, @kirkfan2255
Thank you!
@Everynne
I apologize if my tone came off condescending; it wasn't what I intended at all, and I hope now that we have clarified that the intention was for MMC to be closed during Battle Royale that may help a little more.

@DeadlyInformant, @kirkfan2255
Thank you!
TsVIhAZ.png All I wanna do is 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png
And 2ZVsoOM.png icon_treasure.png icon_gems.png
And take yo money
@deluxe @jinian et al.

The Lightning poll had room for responses and while some of them were definitely about profit, a lot of them were concerned about flight morale and overall motivation. We're working on getting more people interested in dom right now and overhauling some of our systems so they're more efficient and easier to use, and our experience has been that intense battles don't work very well for doing any of that.

I wish you the best of luck in organizing and battling to defend your title and I hope that you have a successful event, but I would appreciate it if we didn't receive pings trying to guilt us about not participating.
@deluxe @jinian et al.

The Lightning poll had room for responses and while some of them were definitely about profit, a lot of them were concerned about flight morale and overall motivation. We're working on getting more people interested in dom right now and overhauling some of our systems so they're more efficient and easier to use, and our experience has been that intense battles don't work very well for doing any of that.

I wish you the best of luck in organizing and battling to defend your title and I hope that you have a successful event, but I would appreciate it if we didn't receive pings trying to guilt us about not participating.
E6nL5Eq.png Prickly Pear estlin
[they/them/their]
twitter
@Deluxe, it didn't come off as condescending. It came off as insulting. You didn't bother to read 12 pages to find the responses, made it seem like anyone making a merc thread would be undercut at every turn and that it was shameful to not participate.

Big Dominance battles are a great way to help clear out a few generations of dragons, which is always fun for the dragon market. (I love profits, what can I say?)

The way you posted translated to me as 'Those not pushing should push because if they don't they're losers'. Is that what you meant? No. But that's what I read it as. If you wanted to try and poll the flights again, it would have been better received as:

'What makes you not want to participate in BR? What could we do to make it more worthwhile for you to join in? What does your flight look for in a Dom-Battle?'
@Deluxe, it didn't come off as condescending. It came off as insulting. You didn't bother to read 12 pages to find the responses, made it seem like anyone making a merc thread would be undercut at every turn and that it was shameful to not participate.

Big Dominance battles are a great way to help clear out a few generations of dragons, which is always fun for the dragon market. (I love profits, what can I say?)

The way you posted translated to me as 'Those not pushing should push because if they don't they're losers'. Is that what you meant? No. But that's what I read it as. If you wanted to try and poll the flights again, it would have been better received as:

'What makes you not want to participate in BR? What could we do to make it more worthwhile for you to join in? What does your flight look for in a Dom-Battle?'
@epostfix

We're not fighting, but thanks for the encouragement! Good luck with your organizing.
@epostfix

We're not fighting, but thanks for the encouragement! Good luck with your organizing.
@jinian Oh, sorry, I must have misunderstood. I thought since you won last year you'd be hosting the event as a way to challenge flights to beat you in this year's Battle Royale. Either way, have fun with running the event.
@jinian Oh, sorry, I must have misunderstood. I thought since you won last year you'd be hosting the event as a way to challenge flights to beat you in this year's Battle Royale. Either way, have fun with running the event.
E6nL5Eq.png Prickly Pear estlin
[they/them/their]
twitter
@Deluxe @jinian
Plaguelings voted a majority of no for multiple reasons. While some users were excited about profiting off of other flights for once (we rarely get a chance to be on the outside looking in during expensive battles, so we're always gleeful when that happens), other reasons included the possible coli fatigue that DeadlyInformant mentioned. With Night of the Nocturne around that time and likely to run for two weeks again, we're all pretty hesitant to be in the coli, working our butts off for that long. Especially since grinding at least earns you money, while fighting in the Battle Royale is pretty much just a sure way to lose it all.

Drama was another reason. As was the chaos of fighting too many flights and the impossible fodder prices that come with facing multiple opponents rather than just one.

In the end, it would be more profitable to just stay out, regardless of whether our mercenary thread has competition with other flights or not (which we expected). Not to mention, we'll be facing you guys in February and we definitely don't want to be disadvantaged with losing a ton of money on BR when we could be saving it up, as you are, for a great fight!

I'm sorry if that was long-winded. I'm sure there are other reasons that Plaguelings included in our poll thread that I forgot to include/don't recall, so of course I'm not speaking for everyone. Also, our group of dom organizers has recently changed a little. If you plan on pinging us in the future, please let me know and I can both ask the current organizers if they'd like to be included and send you the updated list!
@Deluxe @jinian
Plaguelings voted a majority of no for multiple reasons. While some users were excited about profiting off of other flights for once (we rarely get a chance to be on the outside looking in during expensive battles, so we're always gleeful when that happens), other reasons included the possible coli fatigue that DeadlyInformant mentioned. With Night of the Nocturne around that time and likely to run for two weeks again, we're all pretty hesitant to be in the coli, working our butts off for that long. Especially since grinding at least earns you money, while fighting in the Battle Royale is pretty much just a sure way to lose it all.

Drama was another reason. As was the chaos of fighting too many flights and the impossible fodder prices that come with facing multiple opponents rather than just one.

In the end, it would be more profitable to just stay out, regardless of whether our mercenary thread has competition with other flights or not (which we expected). Not to mention, we'll be facing you guys in February and we definitely don't want to be disadvantaged with losing a ton of money on BR when we could be saving it up, as you are, for a great fight!

I'm sorry if that was long-winded. I'm sure there are other reasons that Plaguelings included in our poll thread that I forgot to include/don't recall, so of course I'm not speaking for everyone. Also, our group of dom organizers has recently changed a little. If you plan on pinging us in the future, please let me know and I can both ask the current organizers if they'd like to be included and send you the updated list!
@Pained

Thanks for the great response, I appreciate it! Yep I'm totally saving money and not planning to blow it all before February.

Always happy to have an accurate list of organizers, so whenever you have a chance I'd appreciate your edits. :)
@Pained

Thanks for the great response, I appreciate it! Yep I'm totally saving money and not planning to blow it all before February.

Always happy to have an accurate list of organizers, so whenever you have a chance I'd appreciate your edits. :)
@Pained Even if I considered that long-winded, it's ok; long-winded is how I roll. [img]http://i.imgur.com/d2DERge.gif[/img] Thank you for all of this information! I did finally go back and read all previous 12 pages, and it seems I didn't miss much in the way of reasons why flights were opting out. Ice stated it was because of dates, and most everyone else just said some version of "we voted and agreed not to participate." No one really [i]needed[/i] to give a reason, but as I felt it was a pretty safe assumption that profit had something to do with it, my post seemed worth making while there was still time to reconsider since Jinian had mentioned postponing until next summer. Looking forward to meeting you on the battlefield in February! [img]http://i.imgur.com/GniIAhf.gif[/img]
@Pained
Even if I considered that long-winded, it's ok; long-winded is how I roll. d2DERge.gif Thank you for all of this information! I did finally go back and read all previous 12 pages, and it seems I didn't miss much in the way of reasons why flights were opting out. Ice stated it was because of dates, and most everyone else just said some version of "we voted and agreed not to participate." No one really needed to give a reason, but as I felt it was a pretty safe assumption that profit had something to do with it, my post seemed worth making while there was still time to reconsider since Jinian had mentioned postponing until next summer.

Looking forward to meeting you on the battlefield in February! GniIAhf.gif
TsVIhAZ.png All I wanna do is 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png
And 2ZVsoOM.png icon_treasure.png icon_gems.png
And take yo money
If only three flights are in, that's not a battle royale.

I think that, if over half of the flights are not willing to participate, it won't be EVENT OF THE YEAR, and not worth the hype.

I'd rather see it cancelled than just having 3 flights out of 10 do it. Half of the flights did it last year, and pretty much everyone did the first one.
If only three flights are in, that's not a battle royale.

I think that, if over half of the flights are not willing to participate, it won't be EVENT OF THE YEAR, and not worth the hype.

I'd rather see it cancelled than just having 3 flights out of 10 do it. Half of the flights did it last year, and pretty much everyone did the first one.
@Sopheroo
Just as a correction, only about 5 flights participated in the first Battle Royale. I don't believe there has ever been a BR where more than 5 flights participated.
@Sopheroo
Just as a correction, only about 5 flights participated in the first Battle Royale. I don't believe there has ever been a BR where more than 5 flights participated.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17