Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Jigsaw Puzzle Addicts Anonymous
1 2 3 4
@ljusclara

Next time it comes up, I'm gonna do it instead of refreshing like I usually do. Just for bragging rights.

So if you don't hear from me for a few weeks, I'm probably dead.

At least Windsinger has those doodly-spines. That's how I go about it, get all those pieces together and try to work from there.
@ljusclara

Next time it comes up, I'm gonna do it instead of refreshing like I usually do. Just for bragging rights.

So if you don't hear from me for a few weeks, I'm probably dead.

At least Windsinger has those doodly-spines. That's how I go about it, get all those pieces together and try to work from there.
m2utnBV.png
And on your left you'll see the only unemployed person in the entire Lightning flight.
(If you respond to me, please ping! No posting history is a drag, man.)
Fastest time: easy is 1:56. medium is 7:30. hard is 15:59. this was back when i was so addicted i played all the way to lucky streak and i knew all the puzzles. lol not anymore

Difficulty: easy. not just because of my eyes, but it actually has a better time-treasure payout. in under two minutes for 2,000 or under 20 for 10,000. it's not a fair payout if you think about it. easy is better

Favorite: anything with lots of colors like Kelp Bed Marens
Least Favorite: anything that's one color like Earth Nest
Easiest: Familiars
Hardest: Landscapes

Work Method: first i do the Flight Rising Logo, then I just look for some random pattern to follow. for example for the Mantarune or Wave Sweeper or whatever it was, I just looked for the rune shapes and connected them. if i find side pieces, i start connecting them elsewhere. then it all comes together and i put in the final pieces.

Wanted Puzzles: The Couriers (Edgar, Spitfire, and Pearl). Breeds that don't have a puzzle yet, Coliseum Venues (or at least more Familiar puzzles that feature them in the background). A puzzle for at least one of the holiday Bears, and for one of the new Soldiers. BOOLEAN.

Also I want better payouts. Like, much better. There's no reason that hard puzzles, which on average take ten times as long as easy puzzles, give only five times the payout. More workroom obviously, maybe an EXPERT MODE which goes more extreme than Hard Mode. And maybe a Challenge mode, which challenges you to complete as many puzzles of a certain difficulty in a certain amount of time. For example for easy, challenge mode wants you to complete as many puzzles as possible in say, thirty minutes.

Disconnection: Once I was trying to complete every puzzle that existed on this site (I was doing easy of course, eye problems and it's less frustrating), and I kept disconnecting like, every other puzzle. Also another time, when some new puzzles were released, I was trying to get them and when I finally did I was about halfway through and D/C. ARGH!!!

my best times (for now). these are on medium difficulty.

Flamecaller - 9:53. bleh
Viridian Labrynth - 11:24. bleeh
Light Egg - 11:08. Also bleh.

i guess they're not that bad considering these are THOSE puzzles where everything looks the same but i'm also very tired so... this is all i'll post for now. i'll try to do more tomorrow
Fastest time: easy is 1:56. medium is 7:30. hard is 15:59. this was back when i was so addicted i played all the way to lucky streak and i knew all the puzzles. lol not anymore

Difficulty: easy. not just because of my eyes, but it actually has a better time-treasure payout. in under two minutes for 2,000 or under 20 for 10,000. it's not a fair payout if you think about it. easy is better

Favorite: anything with lots of colors like Kelp Bed Marens
Least Favorite: anything that's one color like Earth Nest
Easiest: Familiars
Hardest: Landscapes

Work Method: first i do the Flight Rising Logo, then I just look for some random pattern to follow. for example for the Mantarune or Wave Sweeper or whatever it was, I just looked for the rune shapes and connected them. if i find side pieces, i start connecting them elsewhere. then it all comes together and i put in the final pieces.

Wanted Puzzles: The Couriers (Edgar, Spitfire, and Pearl). Breeds that don't have a puzzle yet, Coliseum Venues (or at least more Familiar puzzles that feature them in the background). A puzzle for at least one of the holiday Bears, and for one of the new Soldiers. BOOLEAN.

Also I want better payouts. Like, much better. There's no reason that hard puzzles, which on average take ten times as long as easy puzzles, give only five times the payout. More workroom obviously, maybe an EXPERT MODE which goes more extreme than Hard Mode. And maybe a Challenge mode, which challenges you to complete as many puzzles of a certain difficulty in a certain amount of time. For example for easy, challenge mode wants you to complete as many puzzles as possible in say, thirty minutes.

Disconnection: Once I was trying to complete every puzzle that existed on this site (I was doing easy of course, eye problems and it's less frustrating), and I kept disconnecting like, every other puzzle. Also another time, when some new puzzles were released, I was trying to get them and when I finally did I was about halfway through and D/C. ARGH!!!

my best times (for now). these are on medium difficulty.

Flamecaller - 9:53. bleh
Viridian Labrynth - 11:24. bleeh
Light Egg - 11:08. Also bleh.

i guess they're not that bad considering these are THOSE puzzles where everything looks the same but i'm also very tired so... this is all i'll post for now. i'll try to do more tomorrow
w2GVor2.jpg
[quote]Difficulty: easy. not just because of my eyes, but it actually has a better time-treasure payout. in under two minutes for 2,000 or under 20 for 10,000. it's not a fair payout if you think about it. easy is better[/quote] Yeah but. The fun quotient. Easy puzzles are boring and make me feel like I'm 3. Now I'm sad to know that I could be gettin' payed faster for doing easier work. D: I thought 10280 (or is it 10208? I really should know this by now...) was a lot, but when you put it that way... I'm going to have to do some independent research. With spreadsheets. Because that's how I roll. And yes, more XTREME puzzles. I haven't counted how many pieces hard gives you, but I say: DOUBLE THAT. BECAUSE I LIVE HARDCORE! I hope that when they implement a timed mode (like they say it's supposed to be), it'll be an optional mode. I already put enough pressure on myself to zip through these. Plus, if they make it only timed, no one would ever do the maps or a lot of the nests. Or Windsinger. I've come to the conclusion that Windsinger is freeform jazz in dragon format.
Quote:

Yeah but. The fun quotient. Easy puzzles are boring and make me feel like I'm 3. Now I'm sad to know that I could be gettin' payed faster for doing easier work. D:

I thought 10280 (or is it 10208? I really should know this by now...) was a lot, but when you put it that way... I'm going to have to do some independent research. With spreadsheets. Because that's how I roll.

And yes, more XTREME puzzles. I haven't counted how many pieces hard gives you, but I say: DOUBLE THAT. BECAUSE I LIVE HARDCORE!

I hope that when they implement a timed mode (like they say it's supposed to be), it'll be an optional mode. I already put enough pressure on myself to zip through these. Plus, if they make it only timed, no one would ever do the maps or a lot of the nests. Or Windsinger.

I've come to the conclusion that Windsinger is freeform jazz in dragon format.
m2utnBV.png
And on your left you'll see the only unemployed person in the entire Lightning flight.
So I did some fiddlin' and found this out:

Easy puzzles give out 1510t and take me an average of 3-4 minutes each. If I do 20 3-minute puzzles, I'll make 30,200 an hour, and 22,650 for 15 4-minuters.

Hard puzzles give out about 10k and take me an average of 27-30 minutes each. If I do 2 of those, I'll make about 20k an hour. (I'm working on it! Gotta get those exact numbers...)

So if I can go real fast with all the easy ones, I can make 10k more per hour, but only 2k more if I'm slower-- likely, I'd end up somewhere in between.

Problem is that I don't find the easy ones entertaining-- it just feels like repetitive busywork-- and it's a lot easier for me to get distracted away in between any one of those 15-20 puzzles than it is between just the 2 hard ones. So I think I'll continue with my life of LIVIN' ON THE EDGE! HARDCORE!
So I did some fiddlin' and found this out:

Easy puzzles give out 1510t and take me an average of 3-4 minutes each. If I do 20 3-minute puzzles, I'll make 30,200 an hour, and 22,650 for 15 4-minuters.

Hard puzzles give out about 10k and take me an average of 27-30 minutes each. If I do 2 of those, I'll make about 20k an hour. (I'm working on it! Gotta get those exact numbers...)

So if I can go real fast with all the easy ones, I can make 10k more per hour, but only 2k more if I'm slower-- likely, I'd end up somewhere in between.

Problem is that I don't find the easy ones entertaining-- it just feels like repetitive busywork-- and it's a lot easier for me to get distracted away in between any one of those 15-20 puzzles than it is between just the 2 hard ones. So I think I'll continue with my life of LIVIN' ON THE EDGE! HARDCORE!
m2utnBV.png
<_<

>_>

*raises hand* Im an addict...
<_<

>_>

*raises hand* Im an addict...
Your fastest time? Easy: 02:09 | Normal: 08:52 | Hard: 21:27
Your preferred difficulty? Hard, because otherwise I get bored huehue
Your favorite puzzle? ANYTHING PLAGUE.
Your least favorite puzzle? Earth nests. So boring and monotone.
The easiest puzzle? IDK actually.
The hardest puzzle? Wyrmwound.
What's your work method? Starting with the flight rising emblem and then doing the frame.
What do you want for the glourious future of puzzles? idk
Disconnection horror stories? I'd almost finished the wyrmwound. Was like 3 pieces from done. THE HORROR.
Your fastest time? Easy: 02:09 | Normal: 08:52 | Hard: 21:27
Your preferred difficulty? Hard, because otherwise I get bored huehue
Your favorite puzzle? ANYTHING PLAGUE.
Your least favorite puzzle? Earth nests. So boring and monotone.
The easiest puzzle? IDK actually.
The hardest puzzle? Wyrmwound.
What's your work method? Starting with the flight rising emblem and then doing the frame.
What do you want for the glourious future of puzzles? idk
Disconnection horror stories? I'd almost finished the wyrmwound. Was like 3 pieces from done. THE HORROR.
mby23.gif • +9 FR, She/Her, all mirror clan (2 exceptions,,,,, *shakes fists at aberrations*)
• I collect Mossy Cerdae's (930) and Cerdae Sparkle (17.8k). (Updated 2022-08-28)
Fixing up my lair
Like 3 of mine, I like 10 of yours!
100.gif
Your fastest time?
1:14

Your preferred difficulty?
easy with the occasional medium

Your favorite puzzle?
the Gods

Your least favorite puzzle?
the nests

The easiest puzzle?
Familiars

The hardest puzzle?
not sure

What's your work method?
edges first

What do you want for the glourious future of puzzles?
more patterns

Disconnection horror stories?
I had one piece to place, got it into position, server disconnected...... didn't get the creds.....
Your fastest time?
1:14

easy with the occasional medium

Your favorite puzzle?
the Gods

the nests

The easiest puzzle?
Familiars

The hardest puzzle?
not sure

What's your work method?
edges first

What do you want for the glourious future of puzzles?
more patterns

I had one piece to place, got it into position, server disconnected...... didn't get the creds.....
tumblr_n7samaE1iy1sl6hkto1_500.gif
Is this forum still active? xD I'm a newer player and I'm absolutely obsessed with the hard puzzles,,, [b]Your fastest time?[/b] 15:06 on hard difficulty [b]Your preferred difficulty?[/b] hard [b]Your favorite puzzle?[/b] The bogsneak one! [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/c/cd/Puzzle89.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180325052341[/img] The female Bogsneak looks like she causes problems on purpose and i love her Your least favorite puzzle? Plague flight [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/8/82/Puzzle_Scarred_Wasteland.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180325050821[/img] It's just all over the place and i get confused super easy. The easiest puzzle? hmmm, the one with the alpaca warrior! She's awesome, though [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/d/db/Puzzle95.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180325052344[/img] The hardest puzzle? Plague Flight map and ah,, the male coatl who's in the lava. [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/6/6c/Puzzle59.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180325051447[/img] What's your work method? Separate the edge pieces first, placing them in around the area, then start to separate by color/line. I usually put a playlist on and just jam out to music for hours until I've done the max puzzles for coins a day. I NEVER look at the preview image, cause that takes too much time! I say, it's a good puzzle if you don't have to look at the preview image to figure it out. [i]I'm looking at you, Plague Flight Puzzle.[/i] What do you want for the glorious future of puzzles? I think it'd be cool if you could do a puzzle of your own dragon, especially now that scenes are a thing!!! Disconnection horror stories? I was about to finish this one, [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/0/0c/Puzzle_Viridian_Labyrinth.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180325050819[/img] probably another one that just doesn't fit together in my head very well,,, and ah... well the time his 3:00am here, and.... I vowed to never do that puzzle again. Hope I didn't freak anyone out by replying to a forum from, god knows how long ago. Wishing everyone well with their puzzling!
Is this forum still active? xD

I'm a newer player and I'm absolutely obsessed with the hard puzzles,,,

Your fastest time?
15:06 on hard difficulty

hard

Your favorite puzzle?
The bogsneak one!
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/c/cd/Puzzle89.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180325052341[/img]
The female Bogsneak looks like she causes problems on purpose and i love her

Plague flight
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/8/82/Puzzle_Scarred_Wasteland.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180325050821[/img]
It's just all over the place and i get confused super easy.
The easiest puzzle?
hmmm, the one with the alpaca warrior! She's awesome, though
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/d/db/Puzzle95.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180325052344[/img]

The hardest puzzle?
Plague Flight map and ah,, the male coatl who's in the lava.
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/6/6c/Puzzle59.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180325051447[/img]

What's your work method?
Separate the edge pieces first, placing them in around the area, then start to separate by color/line. I usually put a playlist on and just jam out to music for hours until I've done the max puzzles for coins a day. I NEVER look at the preview image, cause that takes too much time! I say, it's a good puzzle if you don't have to look at the preview image to figure it out. I'm looking at you, Plague Flight Puzzle.

What do you want for the glorious future of puzzles?
I think it'd be cool if you could do a puzzle of your own dragon, especially now that scenes are a thing!!!

I was about to finish this one,
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/0/0c/Puzzle_Viridian_Labyrinth.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180325050819[/img]
probably another one that just doesn't fit together in my head very well,,, and ah... well the time his 3:00am here, and....
I vowed to never do that puzzle again.

Hope I didn't freak anyone out by replying to a forum from, god knows how long ago. Wishing everyone well with their puzzling!
fire_rune.png Don't mind me, just doing puzzles fire_rune.png
[quote name="@Sedge" date="2015-08-13 00:43:28" ] [*]Your fastest time?[/quote] I've got three! Easy: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/W1PHNDMN/jigsaw-record-easy.png[/img] Normal: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/fRjgJwKx/jigsaw-record-normal.png[/img] Hard: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/zfz2h9t4/jigsaw-record-hard.png[/img] [quote][*]Your preferred difficulty?[/quote] Easy, though if it's a grind to max fairgrounds I do seven hard puzzles then a few easy to round off the last few thousand treasure. [quote][*]Your favorite puzzle?[/quote] Tomo, Swipp, Crim, and the Red-Footed Akirbeak are the four I'm best at. [quote][*]Your least favorite puzzle?[/quote] Bone Fiend and the Scarred Wasteland (oh god every piece is just reddish-pink with a bit of green haze and white bone...). [quote][*]The easiest puzzle?[/quote] Tomo [quote][*]The hardest puzzle?[/quote] Scarred Wasteland [quote][*]What's your work method?[/quote] A scattering of easies if I'm trying to vary my route to maxing fairgrounds; if I want to max fairgrounds SOLELY with Jigsaw, I do seven hard puzzles (a total of 71960 treasure) and then a few easy puzzles to round out. [quote][*]What do you want for the glourious future of puzzles?[/quote] I dunno, lol. [quote][*]Disconnection horror stories?[/quote] Earthshaker on Hard; server cut out when I had five pieces left.
@Sedge wrote on 2015-08-13 00:43:28:
[*]Your fastest time?
I've got three!
Easy:
jigsaw-record-easy.png
Normal:
jigsaw-record-normal.png
Hard:
jigsaw-record-hard.png
Quote:
[*]Your preferred difficulty?
Easy, though if it's a grind to max fairgrounds I do seven hard puzzles then a few easy to round off the last few thousand treasure.
Quote:
[*]Your favorite puzzle?
Tomo, Swipp, Crim, and the Red-Footed Akirbeak are the four I'm best at.
Quote:
[*]Your least favorite puzzle?
Bone Fiend and the Scarred Wasteland (oh god every piece is just reddish-pink with a bit of green haze and white bone...).
Quote:
[*]The easiest puzzle?
Tomo
Quote:
[*]The hardest puzzle?
Scarred Wasteland
Quote:
[*]What's your work method?
A scattering of easies if I'm trying to vary my route to maxing fairgrounds; if I want to max fairgrounds SOLELY with Jigsaw, I do seven hard puzzles (a total of 71960 treasure) and then a few easy puzzles to round out.
Quote:
[*]What do you want for the glourious future of puzzles?
I dunno, lol.
Quote:
[*]Disconnection horror stories?
Earthshaker on Hard; server cut out when I had five pieces left.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
oh yes

this is my kinda gang
oh yes

this is my kinda gang
g2TOb2t.png

°howdy pardner
1 2 3 4