Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your Lair's Elemental Census?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
I recently got the idea to do an elemental census for my lair after I, for probably the first time, really considered the elements of the dragons I have as part of deciding who I was going to train up next. Previously I had hardly considered elements when buying dragons (though I consider eye colors that go nicely with the rest of the dragon a bonus) and was only vaguely aware that I had a lot of Shadow dragons because I'm in that flight and I tend to keep the babies I breed.

Here's my actual numbers (omitting dragons for sale/exalt fodder)

Shadow: 21 (breakdown: 7 bought, 12 bred by me, 2 progens)
Ice: 9
Arcane: 6
Lightning: 6
Plague: 5
Light: 4
Water: 4
Wind: 4
Fire: 3
Nature: 2
Earth: 1

Personally, there's some surprising info in this data for me! Like even when you remove the dragons I've bred and my progens, Shadow is still in second. Maybe I share a similar dragon aesthetic with a lot of my fellow flight members? Ice being in second overall/first bought doesn't really surprise me because so many serious breeders consider Ice eyes the most desirable. But Plague being in forth does because Plague eyes are definitely my least favorite. Besides Shadow I actually like the colors of Wind, Lightning and Arcane eyes. And while it's nice to see that I've managed to represent all the Flights in my lair, I feel a bit bad for my lone Earth dragon!

Now I'm curious to know about other people's elemental censuses! So go ahead and post yours along with any interesting findings!

Examples: Are you purposeful about the elements of the dragons you buy or do you not pay attention? Does one element overrun your lair? Do you have dragons from each Flight? Are there any elements that are surprisingly over/under represented? Are your favorite elements by color/lore/etc accurately reflected by your dragons? I don't know, have fun with some dragon data analysis!
I recently got the idea to do an elemental census for my lair after I, for probably the first time, really considered the elements of the dragons I have as part of deciding who I was going to train up next. Previously I had hardly considered elements when buying dragons (though I consider eye colors that go nicely with the rest of the dragon a bonus) and was only vaguely aware that I had a lot of Shadow dragons because I'm in that flight and I tend to keep the babies I breed.

Here's my actual numbers (omitting dragons for sale/exalt fodder)

Shadow: 21 (breakdown: 7 bought, 12 bred by me, 2 progens)
Arcane: 6
Lightning: 6
Light: 4

Personally, there's some surprising info in this data for me! Like even when you remove the dragons I've bred and my progens, Shadow is still in second. Maybe I share a similar dragon aesthetic with a lot of my fellow flight members? Ice being in second overall/first bought doesn't really surprise me because so many serious breeders consider Ice eyes the most desirable. But Plague being in forth does because Plague eyes are definitely my least favorite. Besides Shadow I actually like the colors of Wind, Lightning and Arcane eyes. And while it's nice to see that I've managed to represent all the Flights in my lair, I feel a bit bad for my lone Earth dragon!

Now I'm curious to know about other people's elemental censuses! So go ahead and post yours along with any interesting findings!

Examples: Are you purposeful about the elements of the dragons you buy or do you not pay attention? Does one element overrun your lair? Do you have dragons from each Flight? Are there any elements that are surprisingly over/under represented? Are your favorite elements by color/lore/etc accurately reflected by your dragons? I don't know, have fun with some dragon data analysis!
Petalwing Peryton XS5Yd41.png Wispwillow Peryton
I don't really pay attention much to element but I know I have a lot of Ice and probably hardly any Shadow (my flight, which is sad.) without even checking.
I'm gonna check now and edit in a minute with how many of each I have.

Here we go:

Arcane: 7
Light: 10
Shadow: 6
Ice: 13
Water: 2
Wind: 11
Lightning: 4
Nature: 4
Plague: 1

Wow I have a lot of Wind and Light. Didn't even notice that.
(not counting the three i have in the back since im not keeping them)
I don't really pay attention much to element but I know I have a lot of Ice and probably hardly any Shadow (my flight, which is sad.) without even checking.
I'm gonna check now and edit in a minute with how many of each I have.

Here we go:

Arcane: 7
Light: 10
Shadow: 6
Ice: 13
Wind: 11
Nature: 4

Wow I have a lot of Wind and Light. Didn't even notice that.
(not counting the three i have in the back since im not keeping them)
Ping me or I won't see your post!
I do art! Message me about commissions.

eIK5iG7.pngrPaLIxa.png
mlHpBMC.pngfzM10XR.png
Shadow: 1
Lightning: 12
Wind: 10
Light: 12
Ice: 12
Nature: 6
Arcane: 3

I did switch to Lightning for the eyes...And Ice, Light, and Wind were the other flights I was debating while making my switch. XD
Shadow: 1
Lightning: 12
Wind: 10
Light: 12
Ice: 12
Arcane: 3

I did switch to Lightning for the eyes...And Ice, Light, and Wind were the other flights I was debating while making my switch. XD
PJb908Z.png
wind: 7
fire: 2
light: 3
lightning: 4
plague: 7
ice: 1
nature: 7
arcane: 1
water: 1
shadow: 5
earth: 2
so i'm currently equal on wind, nature and plague with shadow in second place and lacking in ice, arcane and water
i swear i only payed attention to eyes for skin wearers, everyone else is coincidental
....though i did consider joining plague when i first joined
(also i could of sworn i had another arcane dragon)
wind: 7
fire: 2
light: 3
lightning: 4
plague: 7
ice: 1
nature: 7
arcane: 1
water: 1
shadow: 5
earth: 2
so i'm currently equal on wind, nature and plague with shadow in second place and lacking in ice, arcane and water
i swear i only payed attention to eyes for skin wearers, everyone else is coincidental
....though i did consider joining plague when i first joined
(also i could of sworn i had another arcane dragon)
lil%20object%20smaller.png bungalow
she/her
+3 fr time
non-exalter
Not including the hatchlings in my nest that are not keepers:

Wind: 24
Light: 5
Nature: 5
Arcane: 5
Shadow: 3
Ice: 4
Lightning: 3
Plauge: 0
Water: 0
Fire: 0
Not including the hatchlings in my nest that are not keepers:

Wind: 24
Arcane: 5
Ice: 4
Plauge: 0
Fire: 0
84si1j.png
Fire: 1
Wind: 3
Water: 1
Shadow: 2
Ice: 3
Lightning: 8
Light: 3
Arcane: 9

so Arcane,
then Lightning,
then tied between Wind, Ice, and Light,
then tied between Shadow and Nature,
then Earth, Fire, Water, and Plague.
Water: 1
Lightning: 8
Arcane: 9

so Arcane,
then Lightning,
then tied between Wind, Ice, and Light,
then tied between Shadow and Nature,
then Earth, Fire, Water, and Plague.
(they/them/their or ve/ver/vis)
9.png5.png3.png
Arcane: 51
Fire: 4
Plague: 3
Wind: 2
Earth: 2

Well.. Arcane, Ice and Nature are my three favorite Flights and I belong in Arcane, so I think I have chosen my dragons rather well. :D
Arcane: 51
Fire: 4
Plague: 3
Wind: 2

Well.. Arcane, Ice and Nature are my three favorite Flights and I belong in Arcane, so I think I have chosen my dragons rather well. :D
N5Fffyx.png
These are only the permanent dragons of my lair

Water: 13
Fire: 2
These are only the permanent dragons of my lair

Water: 13
+10 FR T
IKTR: while I do have a fandragon tab my whole lair is filled with refs
hRysX66.png
Ice: 5
Arcane: 1
Lightning: 2
Light: 7

excluding temporary dragons
Arcane: 1
Light: 7

excluding temporary dragons
HzlT6uO.gif

she/her
water dom org
dom stats '23
Shadow: 5
Arcane: 4
Water: 6

Also excluding temp dragons. Color me surprised!
Shadow: 5
Arcane: 4
Water: 6

Also excluding temp dragons. Color me surprised!
wY86E88.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16