Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ummm...?
1 2 3
@micahjaguar
I just peeked at your nest and the parents are super pretty, hope you get some pretty pups! :)
@micahjaguar
I just peeked at your nest and the parents are super pretty, hope you get some pretty pups! :)
XHxgasI.gif
@TimeShadow Thank you! Hopefully there will be some tuxedo babies. :D
@TimeShadow Thank you! Hopefully there will be some tuxedo babies. :D
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
So does it matter at all if the parents are both gen1s or not? Or just genes and colors and stuff? o.o
*desperately tries to understand the dragon market*
*glances anxiously at my currently-breeding noc pair and all of my noc ladies that don't have partners yet*
So does it matter at all if the parents are both gen1s or not? Or just genes and colors and stuff? o.o
*desperately tries to understand the dragon market*
*glances anxiously at my currently-breeding noc pair and all of my noc ladies that don't have partners yet*
Llwtqdz.png

@CalinaEstel

As I understand it (but I've not been here that long!) people like gen1s because they can breed with anything and they don't have to check. But once it goes beyond that - i.e. has parents - it doesn't really matter whether there are 2, 3 or 50 generations, you can't tell without digging whether it's related to one of your dragons. That's why gen1s are more wanted than your average basic dragon, but they still won't fetch as much as a nicely coloured and gened up dragon which someone thinks is pretty. So if you're breeding to sell dragons, no it doesn't matter at all what the parents are, just go for what produces the best results :)

I think... nobody can completely understand the dragon market *g* It's as complex as many real life economies, but the basic principles of supply and demand are key! Also advertising. You can have the best dragon on the site but if it's just sitting in the middle of the auction house (price-wise) people won't know about it. There are forum sales threads where you can get the word out, people often offer the dragon for a bit less than the AH price.

And I wouldn't price them at less than 12K because then they'll just be snapped up for exalt fodder - you can easily train them to a low level and get that much for exalting them yourself. Anything else on pricing... I have NO idea, I just go by the average for what's similar on the AH!

Wishing you the best of luck with your nocs! They are nice and shadowy so that should help :)
@CalinaEstel

As I understand it (but I've not been here that long!) people like gen1s because they can breed with anything and they don't have to check. But once it goes beyond that - i.e. has parents - it doesn't really matter whether there are 2, 3 or 50 generations, you can't tell without digging whether it's related to one of your dragons. That's why gen1s are more wanted than your average basic dragon, but they still won't fetch as much as a nicely coloured and gened up dragon which someone thinks is pretty. So if you're breeding to sell dragons, no it doesn't matter at all what the parents are, just go for what produces the best results :)

I think... nobody can completely understand the dragon market *g* It's as complex as many real life economies, but the basic principles of supply and demand are key! Also advertising. You can have the best dragon on the site but if it's just sitting in the middle of the auction house (price-wise) people won't know about it. There are forum sales threads where you can get the word out, people often offer the dragon for a bit less than the AH price.

And I wouldn't price them at less than 12K because then they'll just be snapped up for exalt fodder - you can easily train them to a low level and get that much for exalting them yourself. Anything else on pricing... I have NO idea, I just go by the average for what's similar on the AH!

Wishing you the best of luck with your nocs! They are nice and shadowy so that should help :)
CTF4up6.png
Yeah I had just hatched some gened 2 gen babies and they were on the market for 230kT two days ago...wondering why they had not sold (as there were only 5 other babies with the genes I had at the time) I had checked again only to see them drop to 50k D: For some reason none of my babies have sold even a crystal/facet wildclaw, I think I'll give my dragons a bit of a break from breeding for nowXD Which isn't horrible but man it's hard to keep up with these dropping prices
Yeah I had just hatched some gened 2 gen babies and they were on the market for 230kT two days ago...wondering why they had not sold (as there were only 5 other babies with the genes I had at the time) I had checked again only to see them drop to 50k D: For some reason none of my babies have sold even a crystal/facet wildclaw, I think I'll give my dragons a bit of a break from breeding for nowXD Which isn't horrible but man it's hard to keep up with these dropping prices
1 2 3