Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 209 210 211 212 213 ... 753 754
A kind of serious question-I see that the site fell back an hour this past weekend due to the end of Daylight Savings. However, the time for when the site springs forward is marked down as 05/13/2016, when Daylight Savings starts on March 13, 2016.

Is there a reason why in May the site's clock springs forward? I can't remember how it was earlier in the year, if the same thing was done.
A kind of serious question-I see that the site fell back an hour this past weekend due to the end of Daylight Savings. However, the time for when the site springs forward is marked down as 05/13/2016, when Daylight Savings starts on March 13, 2016.

Is there a reason why in May the site's clock springs forward? I can't remember how it was earlier in the year, if the same thing was done.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
I noticed there hasn't been a reg window for a while now. I remember you saying in one of the previous Q&As that you announce those when you're sure that the servers can withstand the influx of new players. Does that mean the servers are reaching their limits? Asking out of curiosity, since I don't really know how things like this work.
I noticed there hasn't been a reg window for a while now. I remember you saying in one of the previous Q&As that you announce those when you're sure that the servers can withstand the influx of new players. Does that mean the servers are reaching their limits? Asking out of curiosity, since I don't really know how things like this work.
VOkp50l.png Neffi
she/her
FR +9

Arcane Dom Lead
8vElUoQ.png
[quote=Tripp]Sornieth purchase taxes amount to 2000, by the way.[/quote] SORNIETH PURCHASE TAXES?!? Who’s the government charging these? Where is my gold going? Do Pearl, Spitfire and Edgar work for this government? Is this who takes the AH fees? I need to know! ;)
Tripp wrote:
Sornieth purchase taxes amount to 2000, by the way.
SORNIETH PURCHASE TAXES?!? Who’s the government charging these? Where is my gold going? Do Pearl, Spitfire and Edgar work for this government? Is this who takes the AH fees? I need to know! ;)
My real-life egg hatched on August 4th, 2015! Hatching egg 2: Hatched June 2nd, 2017!!
Proud member of the Tumblr Snapper Brigade! Follow me @theonlymerides
Find your lair aesthetic @LandsofSornieth
Are player-created Tidal Trouble puzzles still being approved?
Are player-created Tidal Trouble puzzles still being approved?
tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
Why Pipp isnt wearing an apparel while her dad and sister does?
Why Pipp isnt wearing an apparel while her dad and sister does?
BGibTCz.png
Do the length, weight and wingspan of the parents play a role in deciding how long, heavy and big (or small!) -winged a dragon will be, or is it all randomly alotted within the breeds' parameters?
Do the length, weight and wingspan of the parents play a role in deciding how long, heavy and big (or small!) -winged a dragon will be, or is it all randomly alotted within the breeds' parameters?
image0-2.png
When two different breeds of dragon mate, do their offspring get a mix of characteristics from both parents?

I know in the site art and possibly canon, they're one breed or the other, but I sometimes wonder if they have subtle traits in common with the other parent. Like a Snapper with protective instincts, a Spiral that speaks in a relatively monotone voice, etc.
When two different breeds of dragon mate, do their offspring get a mix of characteristics from both parents?

I know in the site art and possibly canon, they're one breed or the other, but I sometimes wonder if they have subtle traits in common with the other parent. Like a Snapper with protective instincts, a Spiral that speaks in a relatively monotone voice, etc.
I have a lore/development question.

Was there originally an idea to have all the dragon breeds (or at least the first 11) resemble their creator deity, but the idea was scrapped because the team felt that there wouldn't be enough variety in the dragon appearances?

You can see some the resemblance for some breeds: Spirals and the Windsinger, Snappers with the Earthshaker, and especially Fae dragons and the Arcanist. For the other breeds, well, not so much (or at least as much). I've always thought that Mirrors look a lot like Shadowbinder despite them being a native Plague species, and that Plaguebringer resembles a sort of undead Pearlcatcher rather than looking like a Mirror.

Too long, didn't read- Were some breeds originally intended for one flight but then changed? Was the initial idea to have the first 11 breeds resemble their creator deity?
I have a lore/development question.

Was there originally an idea to have all the dragon breeds (or at least the first 11) resemble their creator deity, but the idea was scrapped because the team felt that there wouldn't be enough variety in the dragon appearances?

You can see some the resemblance for some breeds: Spirals and the Windsinger, Snappers with the Earthshaker, and especially Fae dragons and the Arcanist. For the other breeds, well, not so much (or at least as much). I've always thought that Mirrors look a lot like Shadowbinder despite them being a native Plague species, and that Plaguebringer resembles a sort of undead Pearlcatcher rather than looking like a Mirror.

Too long, didn't read- Were some breeds originally intended for one flight but then changed? Was the initial idea to have the first 11 breeds resemble their creator deity?
Are there going to be more merchants/business dragons of different breeds? And does the Imperial in the scrying workshop have a name?
Are there going to be more merchants/business dragons of different breeds? And does the Imperial in the scrying workshop have a name?
tumblr_ofubzbQFtK1tid2jao2_540.png
Does Flight Rising know that you have cigarette adds running in your side banners? I get the feeling that a significant number of players are under 18 and can't legally buy that product.
Does Flight Rising know that you have cigarette adds running in your side banners? I get the feeling that a significant number of players are under 18 and can't legally buy that product.
lifebanner500x100_copy_by_brushtail_thegreat-dc4w15c.gif
1 2 ... 209 210 211 212 213 ... 753 754