Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | We've done it people
1 2 3 4
Reminds me of the day I joined :P The fairgrounds were so laggy but it all ran much smoother the next day.

The thing about websites is that they will often work completely fine under a certain load, but when the load increases because, say, five thousand people come online all at once and try to get their hands on a shiny new breed of dragon, performance problems that used to be hidden will become noticeable. But now that it's happened, the staff will be able to work on these problems and fix them.

We have not killed it. We have only succeeded in making it stronger.
Reminds me of the day I joined :P The fairgrounds were so laggy but it all ran much smoother the next day.

The thing about websites is that they will often work completely fine under a certain load, but when the load increases because, say, five thousand people come online all at once and try to get their hands on a shiny new breed of dragon, performance problems that used to be hidden will become noticeable. But now that it's happened, the staff will be able to work on these problems and fix them.

We have not killed it. We have only succeeded in making it stronger.
Anyone here remember that one time the site went down for an entire week without warning? Those were fun times.
Anyone here remember that one time the site went down for an entire week without warning? Those were fun times.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
This event was a good stress test for the site. I wonder if that was intentional?
This event was a good stress test for the site. I wonder if that was intentional?
EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
Seriously think staff should just work on site optimization rather than go for more reg windows. [sips drink]
Seriously think staff should just work on site optimization rather than go for more reg windows. [sips drink]
We've tipped the scales now.
We've tipped the scales now.
13954.gif
We all make such a good team. Go team!
We all make such a good team. Go team!
tumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o5_r3_250.pngtumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o6_r2_250.png
tumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o7_r2_250.pngtumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o8_r2_250.png
FR +8 FR tumblr
[quote name="Amorasyblix" date="2014-12-21 11:19:08"]This event was a good stress test for the site. I wonder if that was intentional?[/quote] A stress test, sure. A good one? [laughs] Nah. Things are stressed to the point where we can't even get to the coli, one of the site's major features and the main place where we can grind for things that are our only shot at getting a drop-only-based breed that is only around for a few weeks. Talk about foresight. edit: Not to mention the chests are currently locked up, too. So there's that.
Amorasyblix wrote on 2014-12-21 11:19:08:

A stress test, sure. A good one? [laughs] Nah.

Things are stressed to the point where we can't even get to the coli, one of the site's major features and the main place where we can grind for things that are our only shot at getting a drop-only-based breed that is only around for a few weeks.

Talk about foresight.

edit: Not to mention the chests are currently locked up, too. So there's that.
@werewhiskey
I hope this means that they'll extend the event a little while, if the problem persists
@werewhiskey
I hope this means that they'll extend the event a little while, if the problem persists
U.D.A.T
@werewhiskey [quote name="werewhiskey" date="2014-12-21 11:19:11"]Seriously think staff should just work on site optimization rather than go for more reg windows. [sips drink][/quote] [img]http://i.imgur.com/EdLz1.jpg[/img] Thank you. This is exactly what I've been thinking the whole time (already days and weeks before this lag actually started). It needed to be said.
@werewhiskey
werewhiskey wrote on 2014-12-21 11:19:11:

EdLz1.jpg

Thank you. This is exactly what I've been thinking the whole time (already days and weeks before this lag actually started). It needed to be said.
@Osayio [laughs] I just hope I don't get put on some kinda hit list for voicing my opinion.
@Osayio [laughs] I just hope I don't get put on some kinda hit list for voicing my opinion.
1 2 3 4