Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Unused Deity Names
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 68 69
@acheronta

We did a "banned names" test earlier in the thread, using names from Undel's old friends in SHC Horde. The SHC horde discussion starts on page three; most of the names on that list aren't banned, however, and we can't tell if they're deity names or not based on the name test alone.

Among confirmed/pretty-much-certain deity names:

Thrage, Undel, Xhaztol, and Akiri continue to be banned. Amogayvhi, last I checked, was also banned.

However, Rhenik isn't banned, and according to the post I made about Rhiow, the admins had plans of unbanning that name too.
@acheronta

We did a "banned names" test earlier in the thread, using names from Undel's old friends in SHC Horde. The SHC horde discussion starts on page three; most of the names on that list aren't banned, however, and we can't tell if they're deity names or not based on the name test alone.

Among confirmed/pretty-much-certain deity names:

Thrage, Undel, Xhaztol, and Akiri continue to be banned. Amogayvhi, last I checked, was also banned.

However, Rhenik isn't banned, and according to the post I made about Rhiow, the admins had plans of unbanning that name too.
The fact that they have retconned names is very cool. i would love if one day they regain their names, or reveil newer ones. oAo!! On the topic of older designs an image in undels deviantartpage reveils an image by the name of lightweaver Definately not the glittering sun goddess her followers know, though. [img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/052/c/9/The_Light_Weaver_by_neondragon.jpg[/img]
The fact that they have retconned names is very cool. i would love if one day they regain their names, or reveil newer ones. oAo!!

On the topic of older designs an image in undels deviantartpage reveils an image by the name of lightweaver
Definately not the glittering sun goddess her followers know, though.
The_Light_Weaver_by_neondragon.jpg
mazatl_by_whatcritter-d7qvtl6.gif
It's been a while since I looked at this thread and don't feel like reading everything, but has anyone considered anagrams of suspect deity names?
It's been a while since I looked at this thread and don't feel like reading everything, but has anyone considered anagrams of suspect deity names?
BYuYwFJ.pngcikPv2b.png
sKduNXf.pngJZT1CKc.png
[quote name="Ghurab" date="2014-12-21 17:01:37"][quote name="QuoPeregrinatur" date="2014-12-21 01:48:04"] Ghurab confirmed for Icewarden[/quote] @QuoPeregrinatur Bwa hah hah, that humorless lump of freezerburn!? Call him by MY name and he's sure to cover the whole world in a blizzard.[/quote] @Ghurab confirmed to be "cooler than Plaguebringer" but not being a "humourless lump of freezerburn" (ahahaha). My guess? Windsinger. Ghurab does not seem serious enough for the Boss ([s]and it's not like the Boss has a whole lot of humour either,[/s] though with Ghurab's ID being #711 it's still tempting to conclude he might just be the Boss = #7, buuut you know...), and the Windsinger seems like the kinda guy that... Icewarden would not enjoy being confused with. And while we're on the topic of Windsinger, I totally approve of his real name being "Super Fly". In fact, I approve of this entire thread -puts on stamp of approval- I want to get on a pinglist for this thing. Pwetty pwease?
Ghurab wrote on 2014-12-21 17:01:37:
QuoPeregrinatur wrote on 2014-12-21 01:48:04:

Ghurab confirmed for Icewarden

@QuoPeregrinatur

Bwa hah hah, that humorless lump of freezerburn!?

Call him by MY name and he's sure to cover the whole world in a blizzard.

@Ghurab confirmed to be "cooler than Plaguebringer" but not being a "humourless lump of freezerburn" (ahahaha).
My guess? Windsinger. Ghurab does not seem serious enough for the Boss (and it's not like the Boss has a whole lot of humour either, though with Ghurab's ID being #711 it's still tempting to conclude he might just be the Boss = #7, buuut you know...), and the Windsinger seems like the kinda guy that... Icewarden would not enjoy being confused with. And while we're on the topic of Windsinger, I totally approve of his real name being "Super Fly".

In fact, I approve of this entire thread -puts on stamp of approval-

I want to get on a pinglist for this thing. Pwetty pwease?
tumblr_inline_nm3gqhG6rQ1qmu9vp_540.png
@tincanicarus I never actually established a pinglist for this thread, so I think you'd be the only one on it. Of course, there have been several people doing self-pings just to keep up to date...I may go through the thread and ping anyone that's shown interest. [quote name="Ghurab" date="2014-11-04 22:09:32"][quote name="Tsaiah" date="2014-10-26 18:41:00"][quote name="Snapdragon" date="2014-10-16 15:44:10"]I cannot even begin to describe how much I'm hoping the Windsinger's name is Superfly[/quote] [size=6]HEADCANON ACCEPTED[/size][/quote] I'm gonna have to agree with this one, I'll accept nothing else![/quote] Hmm. Ghurab certainly has commented on the Windsinger before... That is a very tenuous stretch, and our two pieces of evidence are hardly evidence at all, but...IDK. Something about it feels right somehow.
@tincanicarus

I never actually established a pinglist for this thread, so I think you'd be the only one on it. Of course, there have been several people doing self-pings just to keep up to date...I may go through the thread and ping anyone that's shown interest.
Ghurab wrote on 2014-11-04 22:09:32:
Tsaiah wrote on 2014-10-26 18:41:00:
Snapdragon wrote on 2014-10-16 15:44:10:
I cannot even begin to describe how much I'm hoping the Windsinger's name is Superfly
HEADCANON ACCEPTED

I'm gonna have to agree with this one, I'll accept nothing else!

Hmm. Ghurab certainly has commented on the Windsinger before...

That is a very tenuous stretch, and our two pieces of evidence are hardly evidence at all, but...IDK. Something about it feels right somehow.
So I have a paper to submit in a little more than 2 hours and yet I spent an hour going though this whole thread. Thanks guys.

(This is seriously interesting stuff and the admins are definitely hiding something. Pinging @Daenaryen for future updates.)
So I have a paper to submit in a little more than 2 hours and yet I spent an hour going though this whole thread. Thanks guys.

(This is seriously interesting stuff and the admins are definitely hiding something. Pinging @Daenaryen for future updates.)
Tnhnf9i.png .. any pronoun | FR time +15/16
secretly always online
a1rYPJ5.png
#KulayRosasAngBukas
@Daenaryen

A paper to submit in two hours doesn't mean a paper you have to write in two hours...

This, coming from the person who has class in ten minutes, but is currently lying down reading the unused names of dragon gods on a silly website.
@Daenaryen

A paper to submit in two hours doesn't mean a paper you have to write in two hours...

This, coming from the person who has class in ten minutes, but is currently lying down reading the unused names of dragon gods on a silly website.
@QuoPeregrinatur

Why write about local politics when you can write about a conspiracy to conceal the names of online dragon deities amirite?

I'm sorry Glittermom (if that is indeed your real name) I'll go study now I promise
@QuoPeregrinatur

Why write about local politics when you can write about a conspiracy to conceal the names of online dragon deities amirite?

I'm sorry Glittermom (if that is indeed your real name) I'll go study now I promise
Tnhnf9i.png .. any pronoun | FR time +15/16
secretly always online
a1rYPJ5.png
#KulayRosasAngBukas
@QuoPeregrinatur holy shoot how in the world did you manage to find that thread. I gave you like BARE BONES information to go on.

ALL HAIL THE GOOGLE.
@QuoPeregrinatur holy shoot how in the world did you manage to find that thread. I gave you like BARE BONES information to go on.

ALL HAIL THE GOOGLE.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
I find the format of , [name] interesting because it implies that the title is kind of a rank. Like "Archmage Aren"...there's more than one Archmage in the College of Winterhold's history.
I find the format of , [name] interesting because it implies that the title is kind of a rank. Like "Archmage Aren"...there's more than one Archmage in the College of Winterhold's history.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 68 69