Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Nuzlocke/lair death challenge
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 99 100

A supposedly quick and harmless journey to pay respect to the Lightweaver ended in disaster. A proud Wind Flight lair of fourty one dragons have been cut down to five, the long journey through the territories of five flights proving too much for all but the most elite and battle-hardened dragons. The three lone survivors were the sole warriors of the clan, at level 25.

Causalities
19 Imperials
6 Skydancers
3 Faes
4 Spirals
2 Pearlcatchers
1 Guardian
1 Tundra
1 Mirror
3 Ridgebacks

4 Hatchlings

After arriving, it would seem the troubles were over, despite the many, many deaths. The clan rebuilt itself, accepted new members until their numbers reached thirty-two. However, shortly after arriving, the Matriarch and the Patriarch visited the neighboring clan located within the Mirrorlight Promenade, and discovered a surprisingly small clan, composed only of nesting dragons. Upon their return, however, they showed signs of illness and quickly succumbed to a plague.

(Causalities-

1 Fae
1 Guardian)

The illness spread like wildfire through the clan, wiping out all older dragons (aged 3 weeks or older)

(Causalities-

5 Imperials
3 Guardians
2 Fae
2 Mirror
1 Coatl
1 Skydancer
1 Ridgeback

2 Hatchlings)

The only ones spared were those in their prime (older than 5 days, but younger than 2 weeks), and those of training (level 10 or higher), resilient enough to fight off the brunt of the sickness, however with lingering effects on most (each dragon under level 10 may only fight five battles before tiring?)

The clan has adopted a training regime for the survivors, and has placed themselves under voluntary quarantine (no access to AH for dragons)

((I hope what I've said is okay, and I'll take your link out if you don't agree with it. |D Just a tidbit I wanted to add in. :P

er... yeah? ;w; I dunno if I should add anything. xD))

A supposedly quick and harmless journey to pay respect to the Lightweaver ended in disaster. A proud Wind Flight lair of fourty one dragons have been cut down to five, the long journey through the territories of five flights proving too much for all but the most elite and battle-hardened dragons. The three lone survivors were the sole warriors of the clan, at level 25.

Causalities
19 Imperials
6 Skydancers
3 Faes
4 Spirals
2 Pearlcatchers
1 Guardian
1 Tundra
1 Mirror
3 Ridgebacks

4 Hatchlings

After arriving, it would seem the troubles were over, despite the many, many deaths. The clan rebuilt itself, accepted new members until their numbers reached thirty-two. However, shortly after arriving, the Matriarch and the Patriarch visited the neighboring clan located within the Mirrorlight Promenade, and discovered a surprisingly small clan, composed only of nesting dragons. Upon their return, however, they showed signs of illness and quickly succumbed to a plague.

(Causalities-

1 Fae
1 Guardian)

The illness spread like wildfire through the clan, wiping out all older dragons (aged 3 weeks or older)

(Causalities-

5 Imperials
3 Guardians
2 Fae
2 Mirror
1 Coatl
1 Skydancer
1 Ridgeback

2 Hatchlings)

The only ones spared were those in their prime (older than 5 days, but younger than 2 weeks), and those of training (level 10 or higher), resilient enough to fight off the brunt of the sickness, however with lingering effects on most (each dragon under level 10 may only fight five battles before tiring?)

The clan has adopted a training regime for the survivors, and has placed themselves under voluntary quarantine (no access to AH for dragons)

((I hope what I've said is okay, and I'll take your link out if you don't agree with it. |D Just a tidbit I wanted to add in. :P

er... yeah? ;w; I dunno if I should add anything. xD))
s6uh36.jpg
Oh yeah, @Noodlesthing!
Oh yeah, @Noodlesthing!
s6uh36.jpg
@DragonsChilde You're added to the list

@KylenTeriva And you're added as well as a player. Ping me when you post your stuff!

@Nano Looks awesome! I'm pumped to see more updates.
@DragonsChilde You're added to the list

@KylenTeriva And you're added as well as a player. Ping me when you post your stuff!

@Nano Looks awesome! I'm pumped to see more updates.
@Noodlesthing

Hahah :P Thanks!
@Noodlesthing

Hahah :P Thanks!
s6uh36.jpg
I could never do Pokemon Nuzlocke properly; I wind up being so careful and trekking back to the Pokemon Center so often that the game takes five times as long as usual. Nothing dies that way, but it also takes forever and isn't exciting at all and I can't seem to force myself to play normally when there are "lives" on the line =(

So there's no way I would be able to do this, heh. But I admire all your willpower and am really looking forward to reading your stories!
I could never do Pokemon Nuzlocke properly; I wind up being so careful and trekking back to the Pokemon Center so often that the game takes five times as long as usual. Nothing dies that way, but it also takes forever and isn't exciting at all and I can't seem to force myself to play normally when there are "lives" on the line =(

So there's no way I would be able to do this, heh. But I admire all your willpower and am really looking forward to reading your stories!
e2i04jb.png
Titian with TWO 'i's! Please double check my name when pinging me! Thank you!!
Woah. I would never be able to do this. I'm way, way too attached to my babies. I applaud your ability to go through with this and I am totally going to watch this thread like crazy to see your stories unfold.
Woah. I would never be able to do this. I'm way, way too attached to my babies. I applaud your ability to go through with this and I am totally going to watch this thread like crazy to see your stories unfold.
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_decootomedojo1290.gifdrvalkyriegif_zps6108b9a5.giftumblr_static_tumblr_static_decootomedojo1290.gif
@noodlesthing

I would certainly follow a tumblr devoted to this ^-^
I'll probably get started after the next festival since those usually bring in decent money and I need one more line of spaces to have a full page to do this thing with.

Also the non hard mode should probably just be "modified mode," instead of baby. Since that also allows people to make things harder/ more interesting with more rules.

I mean I won't be getting rid of all my old dragons ( just partitioning) but I will be tracking all the food I gather via coli battles and making sure it would be enough ( and the right types) to feed my challenge survivors. This makes it harder for me because I have over 1k points in most of my food atm and over 11 pages of food in my hoard. My survivor dragons wouldn't really be at risk of starving for a long long time otherwise. Keeping records allows me to add to the story and not worry about coli drops getting mixed in with pre-disaster food stores.

Plus I'd like to set up rules around trading of eggs and stuff that would be lore based
( Aka find x type scavenging but the dragons think it's cursed and so they trade it for y type)

I think your proposed rules set up a good baseline but that participants should be able to modify them to suit personal needs/their own extra challenges. I mean I'm only going to use previously unbonded types of familiars since my clan rep would basically be nothing after the disaster and I want to build up all the trust and respect levels just as my survivor rebuilds the rest of the clan's membership and glory. Not everyone could do something like that though and it doesn't make me better or worse than them for having the extra challenge.

Regardless of what I get labeled as, I'm in for this and will update you once I get officially started.
lol I hope my editing doesn't cause the system to keep pinging you, if so sorry.
@noodlesthing

I would certainly follow a tumblr devoted to this ^-^
I'll probably get started after the next festival since those usually bring in decent money and I need one more line of spaces to have a full page to do this thing with.

Also the non hard mode should probably just be "modified mode," instead of baby. Since that also allows people to make things harder/ more interesting with more rules.

I mean I won't be getting rid of all my old dragons ( just partitioning) but I will be tracking all the food I gather via coli battles and making sure it would be enough ( and the right types) to feed my challenge survivors. This makes it harder for me because I have over 1k points in most of my food atm and over 11 pages of food in my hoard. My survivor dragons wouldn't really be at risk of starving for a long long time otherwise. Keeping records allows me to add to the story and not worry about coli drops getting mixed in with pre-disaster food stores.

Plus I'd like to set up rules around trading of eggs and stuff that would be lore based
( Aka find x type scavenging but the dragons think it's cursed and so they trade it for y type)

I think your proposed rules set up a good baseline but that participants should be able to modify them to suit personal needs/their own extra challenges. I mean I'm only going to use previously unbonded types of familiars since my clan rep would basically be nothing after the disaster and I want to build up all the trust and respect levels just as my survivor rebuilds the rest of the clan's membership and glory. Not everyone could do something like that though and it doesn't make me better or worse than them for having the extra challenge.

Regardless of what I get labeled as, I'm in for this and will update you once I get officially started.
lol I hope my editing doesn't cause the system to keep pinging you, if so sorry.
Man, I really wanna do this- but I think I'll do the baby version, because I'm a big baby, and it'll have to wait until after my flight's next dominance push in a few weeks.

@smallercomfort pinging myself so I can keep track of this for later...
Man, I really wanna do this- but I think I'll do the baby version, because I'm a big baby, and it'll have to wait until after my flight's next dominance push in a few weeks.

@smallercomfort pinging myself so I can keep track of this for later...
I looked at this earlier today, and was skeptical about how fun this could be, but I've thought about it and would like to give a crybaby version a try. *shameless*

I do already have a page with just exalt fodder in it. It'll probably be a while before this challenge starts taking up too much space, so I should be able to expand before these guys make me hit the limit. So, here's what I'll do:

1. Obviously, since I'm doing the baby version, I keep my already-existing dragons.
2. I'll be hatching a Plague Egg I have already in my hoard. I have selected a male and a female dragon I will be using as the other progen, depending on the gender of the hatchling.
3. Business will continue as usual in my lair, which means I will still be gathering food. However, dragons who are part of this challenge will not be counted in my "gather this much food today" count.
4. As soon as possible, I will be opening up my fourth nest; this nest will be reserved for dragons in this challenge, and dragons in this challenge can only use up one nest at a time.
5. Faint=dead (although progen from my lair might just rejoin *tooweakforwords*)
6. One Pokemon first-gen per route month. Yes, even if I find more eggs, I can still only hatch one every month. Let's say every 30 days, so we have a consistent number.
7. Unless otherwise stated; standard rules as laid out in the first post apply.

Additional challenge rules (that honestly I originally planned to do when I first joined, but didn't have the willpower):
1. Dragons will be put into mated pairs. If the mate dies, the dragon may choose another available mate, but they may not change mates while the other still lives, even if a new dragon has a better range with them.
2. If there are two unmated dragons of opposite genders that can breed with one another, they must become mates.
3. There must only be one living child of any pair at a time. If another hatches that I like better, then the first must be exalted immediately.

Updates will probably be here and on my tumblr, although my tumblr will not be dedicated to this, and I'll probably be lazy and copy-paste my updates there.

@noodlesthing
If this looks acceptable, I will start as soon as I get the OK.
I looked at this earlier today, and was skeptical about how fun this could be, but I've thought about it and would like to give a crybaby version a try. *shameless*

I do already have a page with just exalt fodder in it. It'll probably be a while before this challenge starts taking up too much space, so I should be able to expand before these guys make me hit the limit. So, here's what I'll do:

1. Obviously, since I'm doing the baby version, I keep my already-existing dragons.
2. I'll be hatching a Plague Egg I have already in my hoard. I have selected a male and a female dragon I will be using as the other progen, depending on the gender of the hatchling.
3. Business will continue as usual in my lair, which means I will still be gathering food. However, dragons who are part of this challenge will not be counted in my "gather this much food today" count.
4. As soon as possible, I will be opening up my fourth nest; this nest will be reserved for dragons in this challenge, and dragons in this challenge can only use up one nest at a time.
5. Faint=dead (although progen from my lair might just rejoin *tooweakforwords*)
6. One Pokemon first-gen per route month. Yes, even if I find more eggs, I can still only hatch one every month. Let's say every 30 days, so we have a consistent number.
7. Unless otherwise stated; standard rules as laid out in the first post apply.

Additional challenge rules (that honestly I originally planned to do when I first joined, but didn't have the willpower):
1. Dragons will be put into mated pairs. If the mate dies, the dragon may choose another available mate, but they may not change mates while the other still lives, even if a new dragon has a better range with them.
2. If there are two unmated dragons of opposite genders that can breed with one another, they must become mates.
3. There must only be one living child of any pair at a time. If another hatches that I like better, then the first must be exalted immediately.

Updates will probably be here and on my tumblr, although my tumblr will not be dedicated to this, and I'll probably be lazy and copy-paste my updates there.

@noodlesthing
If this looks acceptable, I will start as soon as I get the OK.
Wow, this looks epic.

If I wasn't so attached to my collection of Homestuck dragons, I'd be all over this.

@noodlesthing, please can you add me to the ping list? I want to live this Nuzlocke challenge through you guys! ;3;
Wow, this looks epic.

If I wasn't so attached to my collection of Homestuck dragons, I'd be all over this.

@noodlesthing, please can you add me to the ping list? I want to live this Nuzlocke challenge through you guys! ;3;
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 99 100